Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   --> Attention Seeking <-- (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22009)

Lilith 09-06-2004 08:51 AM

--> Attention Seeking <--

Since this has been a topic of discussion lately I decided to go hunt some info on it. I found this very interesting article from a UK site here and thought some of you may enjoy perusing it. I think I recognized some patterns I posess :yikes: but not to the degree to be causing myself or others harm;)

The site is great for anyone experiencing any issues of bullying/ manipulation, especially in the workplace.

TinTennessee 09-06-2004 08:59 AM

Very informative..thanks again Lil for all you do...!

Steph 09-06-2004 11:07 AM

Didn't see you there, Lil . . . . was a great read, though.

Missy1965 09-06-2004 11:28 AM

Hi Lil. Great reading! Thank you

kathy1 09-06-2004 01:19 PM

Very insightful and useful......we actually have a girl at work that we all are beginning to believe falls in one of the categories.....we believe she is making herself sick.....not such a stretch when one works in a medical lab....even the dr's are trying to get her to seek psychiatric help but she resisits..... sad isn't it that ppl must do these things to fill some void.

Thanks Lilith...as usual, you did great!!!

LarryL 09-06-2004 11:36 PM

You are a very intelligent person. Well done.
----------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Since this has been a topic of discussion lately I decided to go hunt some info on it. I found this very interesting article from a UK site here and thought some of you may enjoy perusing it. I think I recognized some patterns I posess :yikes: but not to the degree to be causing myself or others harm;)

The site is great for anyone experiencing any issues of bullying/ manipulation, especially in the workplace.

BlondeCurlGirl 09-07-2004 12:14 AM

The narcissistic personality disorder is exactly what I was experiencing with my boss before I had to get the hell out of there. It's nice to know I wasn't just imagining that she was majorly fucked up! Now there's proof!

Thanks for the link Lilith! It brightened my day.

Grumble 09-07-2004 04:52 AM

Very interesting indeed.

People must also remember that not everyone who tells you they had bad experiences in their past are lying about it or trying to seek attention.

My attitude is to take things at face value till you know otherwise.

PantyFanatic 09-07-2004 07:58 AM

Can we make this a sticky? :rolleyes:

Lilith 09-07-2004 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Can we make this a sticky? :rolleyes:

that would bring too much attention to it :p

PantyFanatic 09-07-2004 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
that would bring too much attention to it :p

:grin:

then can we bann Steph for picking on me?

Lilith 09-07-2004 08:11 AM

you had best get your petitions signed before she gets her's done!!!

PantyFanatic 09-07-2004 08:28 AM

Quote:
The organiser: she may present herself as the one in charge, the one organising everything, the one who is reliable and dependable, the one people can always turn to. However, the objective is not to help people
:halo:

quisath 09-07-2004 09:30 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy now that I'm here I done forgot what this thread is about.

Steph 09-07-2004 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
then can we bann Steph for picking on me?

You want me to be a wedding announcement in the Church bulletin? Are you proposing?

:trout: