Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   sleeping while pregnant (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33580)

Doxis 10-28-2008 01:23 AM

sleeping while pregnant

im 26 weeks pregnant and im finding it hard to get in a comfortable postion to fall asleep im a stomache sleeper so its bugging the hell out of me and i keep my husband up all night bitching =) . . anyone have any suggestions? .

FlirtWithMe 10-28-2008 02:24 AM

I tended to sleep on my left side during pregnancy, something to do with blood flow being better when sleeping the left. The bones in my hips used to feel as though they weren't quite in the right place so I had a pillow between my legs, which held the right leg more in line and relieved pressure on my hips.

You could have a pillow under your bump if you felt it needed support. I'm not sure how necessary the wedge-shaped pillows sold for this purpose are, a normal pillow would probably work just as well. I didn't find I needed one for my bump, just my legs.

Sometimes I'd sleep on my back, propped up with lots of pillows so I wasn't flat, and with a large pillow under my knees to relieve pressure on my back.

Hope this helps a little, and I hope you get a decent night's sleep soon! Congratulations on you pregnancy, btw, and welcome back to posting on Pixies :wave:

Atarax 10-29-2008 09:18 AM

Sleep temporarly in separate beds. Both of you need maximum rest before that little thing comes in your life. Believe me: I went through that a few years ago and that’s what we should’ve done. This way you will relax and won’t be pressured if you disturb the sleeper at your side.
:ewe:

Loulabelle 10-29-2008 10:57 AM

I agree with FWM - get as many pillows as you can and experiment with them until you get it right for you.

I too sleep on my tummy and struggled with it, but I found I could sleep at a kind of three quarter angle, not quite on my side and not quite on my tummy (obviously) with the help of pillows etc for support.

If it's any consolation, it does help train you into having disturbed nights when you have the baby, and you'll probably get more sleep after he/she arrives than you did in the last few weeks of your pregnancy!

wyndhy 10-30-2008 08:04 AM

lol. i'm not even a tummy sleeper but when i was pregnant it was suddenly the position i craved most. :) and postpartum too, 'cause if you'll breast feed, those first few weeks it takes for your boobs to get used to the babe's feeding are a wee uncomfortable.

i had a really squishy, flattish pillow that i would shim under my belly and curl around to my opposite hip - i got the pressure on my tummy i liked without the weight.

Oldfart 10-31-2008 06:41 PM

Perhaps it's better just not to sleep.

Good practice for after it's born.

Doxis 11-16-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Perhaps it's better just not to sleep.

Good practice for after it's born.

lol your not the first to say that

Incubus255 11-24-2008 10:02 AM

Congratulations Doxis!

I know you were worried about kids and all I"m glad to see things turned out so good ^_^

lovemelongtime 01-16-2009 04:28 AM

Ho Doxis... what positions have you tried?

shy red 12-08-2009 12:22 AM

i am also a tummy sleeper, when i was pregnant with both my kids, it was torture the last 20 weeks.......i favored my left side with a body pillow propping baby bump and a pillow between my legs to keep my hips from hurting much...... and afterwards when i did breast feed sleepin on tummy doesnt really work cuz you will wake up in a big puddle of milk... wear breast pads i even doubled up.

Teddy Bear 02-14-2010 05:30 PM

I was prego with my 2nd baby through the summer. My doctor told me to go to the beach, dig a hole for my baby belly and sleep on my tummy there. But he added, don't forget to sunscreen your back !!

:)

smithsjhons 09-03-2010 09:37 AM

Full-length body pillow. These pillows for less than five feet tall and are designed to support bringing back and stomach.This is so interesting! and your information is really increase my knowledge. I hope you send more information like this.