Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Inxs (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25726)

Lilith 07-18-2005 09:42 PM

Inxs

I have discussed this perversion with Steph already but is anyone else watching this show?

Cheyanne 07-18-2005 09:57 PM

Yes!!! I like it! :D - missed it tonight though.. PM me with who left will ya??? LOL :D

maddy 07-18-2005 10:00 PM

Oh dear is this another show I didn't know anything about? I finally saw the commercials for the Brat Camp show this weekend.

Lilith 07-18-2005 10:05 PM

No one they just showed scenes from the mansion.

maddy I liked BratCamp.

Cheyanne 07-18-2005 10:09 PM

Who do you like Lil? I am partial to Mig... I think it is the dimples.. along with the voice :D

Lilith 07-18-2005 10:13 PM

JD...I didn't care for him at all at first but he's growing on me....like a fungus :p

BIBI 07-18-2005 10:19 PM

I just don't see how they can possibly replace their deceased lead singer.

I haven't watched it but I have seen the commercials.

Personally I kinda think it.......oh hell, never mind lol.

Lilith 07-18-2005 10:22 PM

I think it would be horrible but they don't appear to necessarily want someone like him. They have quite a few ladies in the group. I think the band just still wants to play. I personally think a name change would be a good idea, something to reflect a new beginning yet still maintaining their roots.

Winston77 07-18-2005 10:32 PM

TV rots your brain :D

Lilith 07-18-2005 10:37 PM

Obviously, look at my choice in programming :p

nicole2309 07-18-2005 11:04 PM

I kinda like the show, i haven't really watched it enough to know their names... but i think i missed the part of the show that explain why dave is there
I mean it's like he does most the talking, but the band is suppose to be making the decision???

fzzy 07-19-2005 12:39 AM

Yep, and it's funny ... though I love music ... I've never thought of myself as a ROCKER .. I enjoy a lot of rock, but some of it is too hard for my personal taste, but I've really enjoyed this one .... don't know that I've picked a favorite yet .. still getting to know the different people, voices, personalities ...and Nicole ... I didn't hear a formal explanation about why Dave is there, but he made a comment on one of the episodes that he knew how it felt to be chosen to step in as the lead singer for a fully formed successful group ... I think the band members seem pretty mellow, maybe they just wanted someone for the show with a bit more "pop". :)

Tonight's show was just a 30 minute one ... kind of bridging between performances ... tomorrow night (after Big Brother) they will be doing another 60 minute one with the performances ... and I presume sometime later in the week another 30 minute elimination one (after the votes are counted from Tuesday night's performances). That's my guess anyway.

Oldfart 07-19-2005 08:40 AM

BIBI

Didn't the Beatles do that after Paul died?

Didn't know Paul was dead?

Check with Scotz or one of the other Musical Pixies.

BIBI 07-19-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
BIBI

Didn't the Beatles do that after Paul died?

Didn't know Paul was dead?

Check with Scotz or one of the other Musical Pixies.

Paul did not die.....he was the walrus...koo koo ka choo :)

Quit pulling my leg....it hurts lol

Steph 07-19-2005 10:47 AM

I think Dave is just one of the hosts but it is weird that he's there. He joined the Chili Peppers when they were already well established and had trouble with it. Like fzzy said, that might be why he's there.

I think they're all really good singers and I can't decide who my fave is.

I also can't remember the last time I didn't watch anything but crappy reality shows. :D