Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Usernames - the secret behind... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18118)

Ryan² 01-01-2004 09:55 AM

Usernames - the secret behind...

I'm interested to know how people here chose the usernames they have when they first signed up. Some I understand, some I don't.

There's a secret behind mine:

ukG²

Yes, it's the channel ukG². The channel recently changed it's name from UK Gold 2 and this new logo inspired me to use this name just days before I signed up here.

Creating it was easy. I had to go into Microsoft Word, click on Insert menu and select Symbol and then choose the small ² from the list of symbols. A bit of cutting and pasting, and hey presto!

I would like to get the "uk" part raised and put in capitals, but can't find a way, so that just the G is a normal sitting character. No doubt I will find a way.

Lilith 01-01-2004 10:00 AM

like UKg²

????????

dm383 01-01-2004 10:12 AM

I'm sure there's another thread about this somewhere, I just can't find it!! :) Ho Hum!

Anyhow ~ mine comes from my "obsession" with a certain cartoon-rodent Superhero...... DANGERMOUSE!! (No surprises to anyone who's been here a while!!)
The number (383) comes from when my ex-wife and I first moved to the Isle of Man.... we had a Fiat Uno at the time, and the digits in the Reg. plate were 383. We wanted a "personalised" plate for it, and as we are both RMN's (Registered Mental Nurse's) we wanted RMN90 or 90RMN for the plate (when we qualified!).......both gone, unfortunately!! So, we chose "RMN 383". (When I got my fist BIG bike, I got "383 RMN" for it!! :))

*I can hear y'all saying "So what?".... I'm gettin' there!!*

SO...... when I FIRST got online, my mate set up my very first Yahoo account for me, while I was at work, and named it "Dangermouse383". And I've used the name (or variations of it) ever since!!

DM

(Sorry th^t was SO long...... but you DID ask!! :))

Ryan² 01-01-2004 10:41 AM

Oh, it's OK. ;) The longer the explanation, the better!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
like UKg²

????????
Yep! As in the TV channel. That's what I said! :)

Lilith 01-01-2004 10:45 AM

No I mean the change in the text...is it that you just want the UK capitolized or do you want it raised like the 2 is???

Ranger1930 01-01-2004 11:13 AM

Ranger1930

a ranger was the first type of character i played in EQ..

my e-mail is Raistlen1930@.......com

Raistlen is a character from a book set i read and found to be one of the most interesting fictional character's i've ever read about but i couldnt get Raistlen@........com so i just added the number 1930 because i was pretty sure no one else would have it...

i don't honestly know where the switch came from.. but it did so there ya are

Ryan² 01-01-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
No I mean the change in the text...is it that you just want the UK capitolized or do you want it raised like the 2 is???
I want the "uk" raised like the 2 is and in capitals.

osuche 01-01-2004 12:17 PM

Osuche - as some have already learned...

osu = Ohio State University (my alma mater)
che = Chemical Engineer

...Lame but descriptive. Of course, the Greek word for "soul" is "psuche" -- which is damn close. So maybe I'm a Chem E with soul.

LixyChick 01-01-2004 12:34 PM

Hmmmmm.........let's see........I was sitting on my hubbies lap in front of the monitor when he intro'd me to Pixies. I wanted to join immediately after looking at the pic forums even though I hadn't checked out the entire site.......but I didn't want to use the nick he had already joined with (months earlier)......so I blurted out, "We can be lixnlix69....get it?"......and he rolled his eyes at me, so I knew I hit upon something. We were Mr. and Mrs. Lix in the forums for a little while (even though he never typed a word...lol!) and one day Scotzoidman (a honey of a Pixie member!) told me I should get my own nick to differentiate who was posting to the forums. I thought I had been doing that by signing every post "Mrs. Lix".........but I got to thinking maybe he just wanted to PM me and didn't really want hubby to get my PM's *giggle*......so I began to think of individual nicks I could use.....but I liked nothing. I would go to chat quite often and each time I would go in and FussyPucker was in there, he'd greet me with, "hiya sexy lixychick" (knowing that hubby never went to chat and it had to be me despite the lixnlix69 nick).

And sooooooooooo.......voila!

*runs over to Fussy Yummy Pants.......jumps up...wrapping my legs around his waist and kisses his face off*

PantyFanatic 01-01-2004 01:12 PM

I don’t know.:confused: Just something that came to me:rolleyes: ................................. with a class mate in the coatroom:D ............. third grade.:lust:

musketeer 01-01-2004 01:58 PM

I'm an historical re-enactor (no we arn't all anoraks) and I'm a Musketeer and so that was it, simple as that.

Catch22 01-01-2004 02:13 PM

A gal told anther gal who told me, I was cute and anti-social. A Catch22. :) :(

dicksbro 01-01-2004 02:56 PM

I had a brother named Dick. Wasn't that clever? :)

Ryan² 01-01-2004 03:30 PM

I'd never have guessed (honestly!). :)

speedy 01-01-2004 04:38 PM

mine comes from my youth i use to play soccer and being a slow runner was on defense mostly but occasionally there would be a small burst and was nicknames speedy.