Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   This would be so cool!!! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15750)

Cheyanne 08-19-2003 05:59 PM

This would be so cool!!!

Scientists have long tried to find ways for all of us to have access to alternative energy.....

I remember watching that movie "Back to the Future" and seeing the Professor put garbage into his contraption to make his Deloren (sp) fly..... well, apparantly that vision wasn't too far off... (except for the flying car)

This guy can make oil and gas out of garbage!!! He envisions no more landfills... isn't that cool??? Check out this news story!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003...ain569133.shtml

I guess the only question that I do have is this..... when do you think the oil companies will silence him or find a way that his "fuel" cannot be used????

Ozling 08-19-2003 06:38 PM

Interesting O.o... so many things you find out in one day. Like that they just finished mapping out the human genome.

Lilith 08-19-2003 07:03 PM

When we humans aren't busy hurting eachother we can do some pretty cool shit;)

Oldfart 08-19-2003 08:06 PM

There have been so many stories of pig farmers running their old VW bugs on methane drawn from a trailer of pigshit drawn behind the car.

Farmers have been running pipes under compost heaps for years
to pre-heat water going into boilers.

The sad part of the story was this inward turning to oil. If we could go ahead to fuel cells or room temperature super-conductivity, now there's a story.

Sharni 08-19-2003 09:15 PM

There is a prototype flying car about too i might add

Cheyanne 08-19-2003 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
When we humans aren't busy hurting eachother we can do some pretty cool shit;)

No kidding........

Steph 08-19-2003 11:12 PM

I remember some people actually travelled cross country in a van that used grease from restaurants!

kgb253 08-20-2003 12:01 AM

Back in the sixties there was a man who developed a "pill" that you dropped in your tank with water, and then a battery charge broke it into hydrogen and oxygen, and the engine ran on this, giving back a charge to the batteries while you drive around.

You only needed oil for lubrication. But apparently the oil companies bought the complete rights to it through a third party that wasn't supposed to be connected to them, and hid the details from the public.

And how many revolutionary engine designs are removed from the public eye after mysterious "investors" get in charge of research projects, usually their traced to car and oil companies, if traceable at all.

Car companies have too much invested in wasteful designs and are partly owned by oil companies in many cases, and oil companies want sales and profits without costs.

quisath 08-20-2003 06:32 PM

Lets just hope the BIG OIL COMPANIES don't take this Guy out.

lakritze 08-21-2003 05:51 PM

Fuel from garbage and solar power are all possible right now.Whats the hold up? I don't know.Ask the oil companies and their prez.

ryker 08-21-2003 09:58 PM

We had a bloke out this way who was making disel fuel out of canola, worked great...but he just up and vanished one day

lakritze 08-22-2003 01:11 AM

I have read and heard stories about Rudolph Diesel,yes the same man who developed the diesel engine was trying to find a way to convert oil from vegetables into a source of fuel.He was working on this project when he was killed in an auto accident in 1913.

Lilith 08-22-2003 06:38 AM

dun dun duhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... coincidence? I think not:D:D:p

Oldfart 08-22-2003 08:10 AM

Was he run over by a flying car perhaps?

Mr Taylor, the inventor of the Aerocar, was a only a child at that time.

Oldfart for the Defence strikes again.