Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you do when your wife's best friend makes a pass at you? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29792)

ndugu 01-08-2007 12:00 AM

What do you do when your wife's best friend makes a pass at you?

I could not believe it the first time she made a pass at me but by the third time there was no doubt

denny 01-08-2007 12:32 AM

If you are committed to your wife, the answer is obvious. But I guess if you are not, that is obvious also.

Oldfart 01-08-2007 01:46 AM

Count your testicles and decide how committed you are to keeping them.

osuche 01-08-2007 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Count your testicles and decide how committed you are to keeping them.

:rofl:

I'd try politely telling her that I wasn't interested - in private - and mentioning that you are married and take that seriously. Then, if she doesn't take the hint, tell your wife.

By the way - if you've ignored her to date and she's still making passes, it may be because she thinks you haven't noticed. Women know that men can be obtuse sometimes. You need to leave no doubt in her mind that you're unavailable.

IowaMan 01-08-2007 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
Women know that men can be obtuse sometimes.

Huh? What do you mean by that? :roflmao:

Haven't had that exact situation but I've had girlfriend's best friends and my best friend's sister make passes at me. Can't say it ever got to a third time though. Definitely seems like the private conversation would be a good place to start. A lot of it depends upon how strong the communication is between you and your wife too.

That's a pretty good point that Oldfart made too. ;)

gekkogecko 01-08-2007 10:04 AM

I talk it over with my wife. We're poly, after all.

It's really only happened once, and that bit of extra activity didn't work out, though.

Irezumi Kiss 01-08-2007 02:16 PM

She could just be fucking with you, too...waiting to see if you'll take the bait.

I sez don't do it...unless you're looking for "real life" experience for a salacious novel you're writing.

Scarecrow 01-08-2007 02:35 PM

It all depends on your wifes attituted, when we were younger, if that had happened to me I would have told my wife and she probable would have said 'Have fun'. Today with age and illnesses I'm not so sure.

CrouchingBuddha 01-08-2007 04:34 PM

I doubt this is the case, but also consider this may be one of those 'little tests'. Some women are paranoid and suspitious, and often sign their friends up to see how their husband/boyfriend would reactto that friend making a pass. As I said, in all likelyhood this isn't the case, especially if you and your wife communicate well. But you never know.

I'd generally be like, "I'm flattered, but why are you even interested?"

Women tend to not like men who insist they're not attractive. It seems like they have confidence issues and that's generally too much to work with.

Or be like, "Well, I gotta say, I have this huge, festering pustule on the head of my penis that just WON'T go away, but if you don't mind that..."

If you can say it without wincing she'll run for the hills and never bother you again :D

GingerV 01-08-2007 07:18 PM

Little questions always bring the big answers out of me...but I'm going to try to keep my answer here appropriately brief.

Ditto to Oldfart's answer. There's potentially a whole hell of a lot of bad feeling here, it can't be worth it. And if it is worth it, I think you probably have to wrap up the problems at home BEFORE venturing abroad.

I _have_ to ask though, as an absolutely unreformable flirt....are you sure that she's making a pass, and not just doing some heavy flirting with a "safe" target who won't call her bluff? If someone didn't know me, they could be REALLY confused about my intentions.

G

Free Ken 01-08-2007 08:28 PM

next time... run the hell away, nothing good will come of it. If it was like an aquantance, go for it, but her best friend? run.

Irezumi Kiss 01-08-2007 08:53 PM

Hmmm...why not meet this problem in the middle instead waffling around either end...how attractive is a possible threesome here? If you're all in the same salad bowl together, then no one's "cheating."

I mean...if they're really "best" friends, then...best friends DO share and share alike...or so I've heard *koff koff koff*

:sex:

Loulabelle 01-09-2007 03:01 AM

I don't understand what the point is in even asking this question!

A woman would never ask what to do if her husband's best friend hit on her, as the answer is so obvious. She'd tell him to fuck off in no uncertain terms, and gently try to steer her husband towards more loyal friends.

Are you asking this question because you are flattered by her attention? The woman's a creep with no respect for herself, your wife, your relationship or her relationship with her supposed 'best friend' - even if you were in the market for being unfaithful (which I'm assuming you're not, otherwise why would you bother being married?) would you really want to be with a woman like that?!

rabbit 01-11-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndugu
I could not believe it the first time she made a pass at me but by the third time there was no doubt

It all depends on you...

Have fun deciding!

wrestlemark 01-12-2007 10:56 AM

gotta trust ............ talk to your wife tell her about the 3 some thing maybe if shes into it you will have every guys dream 2 ladys if shes not like that tell her friend no tell her you are gonna tell your wife if she dosen't stop tough spot your in ...............wifes friend really isn't your wifes friend if your wife dosen't know about it..............................