Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   PantyFanatic comes out of the closet with Aex31 (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14021)

PantyFanatic 05-23-2003 08:56 PM

PantyFanatic comes out of the closet with Aex31

Earlier today I passed Lilith’s test for “normal”. Being unaccustomed to that name:eek:, I never had the courage to asked this question before.
Why did I see an abstract drawing of a SCUBA diver in Aex31 avatar before I recognized that it was the letters of the alphabet? Here is a link to a thread where his avatar is right at the top of the page.

http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/...&threadid=14014

Now work with me on this please.
Starting on the right, with the letter e, look at it as a persons head facing down with the right arm forward, ready to make an underwater stroke.
Moving left, the x struck me as representing SCUBA gear like a weight belt or tanks.
Now here is the place you have to pay attention. Going to the A, it looked to me like the right leg was bent at the knee, bringing the flipper up for the next kick, while the left leg was straight.

You need to understand that I have been COMPLETELY left brained all my life. I consider only the definition of “art is what artists do” acceptable. ALL my drawing has always been done with a T square and triangles or a drafting machine (before CAD). While I find many things pleasing to MY eye (besides PANTIES), I have never been able to “see” the beauty of Pablo Picasso’s bullshit of dissected body parts of three tited women or “feel” the “meaning” of other great artist, so seeing this abstract image is NOT a norm for me.

Those blue and pink triangles sure don’t look like the red and white diagonal strip of the divers flag. They aren’t boat sails from this part of MY world.

Can you see my diver? Did you see that before you realized it was letters? Are you a freak also? What did I see that made that image for me. Maybe JennaFlower can explain the “inner meaning” of this to me;). LOL

Kimberly73 05-23-2003 09:02 PM

I kinda see it now that you described it. I never really paid much attention to the av before so i never noticed it. I'm not so sure I would have anyway. At a glance it just looks like letters to me :)

So...did you notice this right away....or did you have too much free time and sit and stare at it for a while....lol. I guess some things don't jump out at me unless I know what I'm looking for.

skipthisone 05-23-2003 09:04 PM

Too much time on your hands...da da da...too much time on your hands

PantyFanatic 05-23-2003 09:06 PM

Quote:
So...did you notice this right away....or did you have too much free time and sit and stare at it for a while

That's why this has caused me thought. I must have seen that avatar a dozen time BEFORE I realized they were letters I was looking at.:confused:
I came to the conclusion that because the letters were so artsy-fartsy, they did’n register as letters to me and my brain started looking elsewhere.

Kimberly73 05-23-2003 09:10 PM

Too me they're just letters. Guess I'm not using the creative part of my brain much these days :) Still not sure if I would havve seen that or not though. Guess you're just unique....but thats a good thing isn't it

jennaflower 05-23-2003 09:12 PM

oh PF... here hun... come get comfy on my couch.. let me try to figure out this thought process of yours..

hehehehe... of all things... a scuba diver? Could this possibly mean that you would like to try to replicate the sex life of a dolphin perhaps?

and how exactly did you come up with the idea that I might be able to make sense of this? ;)

Hugs..

Steph 05-24-2003 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by skipthisone
Too much time on your hands...da da da...too much time on your hands

I second that!

To be honest, I never noticed the letters before and only saw 'Axe' after returning to look at his av a second time.

BlondeCurlGirl 05-24-2003 12:40 AM

I can see the flipper thing, but the rest of it makes me go :confused:

Cheyanne 05-24-2003 01:22 AM

I saw the diver... before I saw the letters.... that is what I thought it was....... must be extreemly left brained.

BlueSwede 05-24-2003 01:25 AM

Well, PF, I must be as nutty as you are, because even after reading your post here and then looking at his avatar, I had to REALLY look at it closely to see the LETTERS. I never noticed that they were letters before. In fact, like I said, I still had to really concentrate on it to see them. All I could see was the pix of your scuba guy and that's the way I have always seen it. :cool:

The Shadow 05-24-2003 01:30 AM

ok I admit it Im right brained but could that be because im left handed??? LOL

dm383 05-24-2003 04:25 AM

Gotta say, it took me a good while to notice they were letters too..... I saw the 2 triangles (and figured THEM out, I think!!) with a scuba diver in the foreground. Man was I disappointed when I realised it was Axe's NAME! :(

Ho hum..... does that make ME weird too???

dicksbro 05-24-2003 04:53 AM

I think seeing the scuba diver (I just thought swimmer at first) is more common than you think. I didn't see the letters for a bit, either. I kept wondering what was so sexy about a swimmer and all that stuff he left behind? :)

axe31 05-24-2003 07:32 AM

:confused: wow i did not see this i can see the diver now
i would have never seen it if you had not told me oh and the
two triangles symbol is for bisexuality

Lilith 05-24-2003 07:55 AM

I do not see the scuba diver at all:(