Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any Doctor Who fans? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34935)

shadowsfate 05-03-2010 09:24 PM

Any Doctor Who fans?

I was just curious to see if there are any other Doctor Who fans out there. And if so, have you kept up with it and what you think of the current series

Rhiannon 05-03-2010 09:34 PM

i am enjoying the new doctor. Still missing Tennant.

emptymoon 05-03-2010 09:53 PM

I miss Tennant as well, but I am liking the new Doctor.
I also like the new girl too!

Oldfart 05-03-2010 10:30 PM

I'm still making up my mind about Matt, but he's lacking as yet in the aura of a time lord. It lost me a little when Daleks became bulletproof, Cybermen were human and the Doctor became depressive.

I still watch the show, but Spitfires in space (Merlins at full throttle) attacking a Dalek saucer was a bit much. And who's idiot idea was it to revamp the Daleks?

Lilith 05-04-2010 05:14 AM

My eldest is alllll over this. He's liking it better than he expected to.

shadowsfate 05-04-2010 10:25 AM

I was introduced to Doctor Who in the mid-80s through public TV (unfortunately, unlike a friend of mine, I didn't get to grow up with the show, being American). I even introduced my kids to the original Doctor Who episodes (this was pre-2005, when the show was brought back) and they love both the original and the current series.

I wasn't sure about Matt Smith either when they first announced he was taking over (probably cause the kids and I absolutely loved Tennant's Doctor), but after seeing "The Eleventh Hour", I'm sold. He'll definitely add his own something to the role of the Doctor, like all the others in the past.

I've even kept up with the 2 "spin-offs" of the current show, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Aqua 05-04-2010 10:43 AM

Funny thing, seeing this thread today.

Last night my daughter came into my room and asked, "Dad, what's Doctor Who?"

I've never watched it, but I'm familiar with it. I asked why she wanted to know.

Turns out her bf is all into it, so I told her we just might have to watch a few episodes.

I'm hoping to find out how Daleks can be so menacing when they are armed with a toilet plunger. :p

Lord Snow 05-04-2010 12:38 PM

Maybe it's a toilet plunger that's been reverse engineered to back your toilet up instead of clearing the blockage, forcing sewage to flow into your house and make it smell funny?

I have a friend that loves Dr. Who, but I can't get into it. I'll stick with Monte Python for my English comedy.

shadowsfate 05-04-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
I'll stick with Monte Python for my English comedy.

I've intriduced my son to Monte Python too, he loves The Holy Grail :roflmao:

Lord Snow 05-04-2010 04:53 PM

One of my favorites. In fact the guild that I created in World of Warcraft is called the Knights Who Say Nu.

Oldfart 05-04-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
I'm hoping to find out how Daleks can be so menacing when they are armed with a toilet plunger. :p

The toilet plunger is just a manipulator. It is the combination microwave hairdryer and anal probe that does the damage.

emptymoon 05-04-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
And who's idiot idea was it to revamp the Daleks?

I laughed when I saw them... I said out loud "Its the iDaleks!"

Oldfart 05-04-2010 08:01 PM

Daleks as manufactured by Hyundai.

Lord Snow 05-04-2010 08:51 PM

Hyundai: How Your Usual Nerd Drives An Import.....

Oldfart 05-04-2010 08:59 PM

Does that make Honda "Hold On, Nerd's Depressing Accelerator"?