Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fast>>>>>>>>>>>> (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7189)

xanne 05-18-2002 11:00 PM

Yeah!!! :p :p Thank you Lilith :D :D Love those choc fishes

MilkToast 05-18-2002 11:00 PM

Quote:
MT~ Can I come live at your place?

and
Quote:
MT ~ my next project!! But in the meantime, can I come live with you too?

I guess I better start cleanin' this place up... wohooo! I'm having guests :p

But.... y'all do NOT get to borrow the laptop! :D

xanne 05-18-2002 11:02 PM

Awww, MT, please......pretty please......:D :D

Do I at least get to sit in your lap? :D ;)

MilkToast 05-18-2002 11:23 PM

Xanne... if you're sitting in my lap I'm pretty sure you can also borrow the laptop ;)

Grumble 05-18-2002 11:32 PM

Cable is Years away from here. :( Melbourne and Sydnet are just starting to have it installed so sleepy old tasmania will get it around 2010 My phone line is near a radio transmitter and about 4 km waay from the exchange so even though I have a 56k modem I have to slow it down to 33600 else I will get booted all the time <sigh> its hard in the outposts of civilisation

Oldfart 05-19-2002 12:12 AM

Kim 05-19-2002 07:25 AM

I recently upgraded to 14.4 kbs from 9.6.... Cable would be a dream!

Lilith I would recommend you now discover the newsgroups with your new found speed (if you haven't already) :)

Dominatra 05-19-2002 11:06 AM

Don't know how I would live without my DSL ---- so nice to be able to fly through the net AND talk on the phone!!!

Irish 05-19-2002 01:41 PM

Lilith---I have had a cable hookup for some time now!I had AOL and was fairly happy with it but at the time;I was semi-retired and
doing temporary(mainly Manpower)work.If I was online;they couldn't call me;because my line was busy.That meant;because they have a contract to meet;that I lost alot of work!Our TV is cable connected ;anyway;and the company(MetroCast)has an
Internet connection;so I changed internet services.That way;I;can
be online and my phone line isn't tied up.I changed for convenience&neccessity!I don't notice any difference in speed.
Irish
P.S.It's more expensive but I can get those work calls so it really
isn't.

Saddaddy 05-19-2002 01:52 PM

56k ...Some areas around here(within 40 miles) are starting to get Roadrunner Cable hookups ,but atlas it will be a while before my area has it.....

Irish 05-19-2002 08:28 PM

Saddaddy---One of my sons-in-laws ;works as an installer; for AT&T;formerlyMultiMedia,formerly Continental Cablevision.It has
changed names;so much;that I can't keep up with it.They install
the Roadrunner system.He works out of the Portsmouth/Dover
area.If that is in your area;let me know.I might be able to help you out!I think Roadrunner is a better systemthen I have.My area
Rochester/Barrington is under contract with Metrocast.That is why
I have it.Any changes; that I have made;have been done; on the
sly;by my son-in-law! Irish Triumpht@metrocast.net

vgavoy 05-19-2002 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xanne
Awww, MT, please......pretty please......:D :D

Do I at least get to sit in your lap? :D ;)

Xanne, that position makes YOU the laptop!!! ;)

BTW, I have cable modem at home and T1 at work. All the lovely pictures come up in a flash!!!

danziggy 05-20-2002 03:12 AM

sadly i only have 56k but am looking to upgrade soon!!

xanne if you are the lap top can i borrow you....i need my fix...i promise i will let you go when i have finished :D honestly :D

jay 05-21-2002 09:41 AM

56k for me but am goig to a satilite cable modem can't wait

vampeyes 05-22-2002 07:19 PM

I have dial up and I am fiending for more speed so I am going to break down next month and get the cable line :D