Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Accupuncture (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31285)

Scarecrow 07-28-2007 11:46 AM

My wife had treatments for Fiber Mialgia and they helped her. She went to a chiroprator that specials in pain management for treatments.

Lilith 07-28-2007 12:17 PM

Thanks. I appreciate everyone's sharing. Right now I am feeling good but I know that one wrong move in a take down and I'm in a world of hurt. My class dynamics have changed and just maybe I can work my magic and not have to get physical. I just want to be prepared if I decide it's time to give in and get help.

PantyFanatic 07-28-2007 08:49 PM

You're welcome :D

scotzoidman 07-28-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Scotz- I remember you then. So glad to have you back :x:

Upon further reflection, I'm pretty sure I was locked into a loop of pain caused by both real physical ailments, & severe depression (which was the result of some very real major setbacks - not just a case of the "blues")...as the TV ads say, "depession hurts...everywhere"...& I think the physical & emotional pains were feeding each other endlessly....with the result being I felt like I had been trapped in the dryer for a few months...

That said, I think that was why I had limited relief from the needles, & wouldn't want you to be discouraged from giving it a try if you think it might help...the pins are very fine & don't really hurt (much), & a skilled practicioner with good equipment should not cause much distress during treatment...esp. if you're already acustomed to poking yourself for the glucose meter anyway...

babybunny 08-30-2007 04:13 PM

I was thinking about this for my Fibromyalgia. However, I am scared to death of needles. My veins always bruise badly whenever they do blood work or IVs. I understand that they would just be in the skin, but because of the Fibro my skin is hypersensitive.

Scarecrow~ How did your wife do with it? Does/did she have hypersensitive skin too?

Glad to hear youre feeling better Lilith. =)

Oldfart 08-30-2007 05:49 PM

babybunny

There will come a point where you'll find out if the discomfort of having the needles is greater than the discomfort of the condition.

AZRedHot 08-30-2007 11:39 PM

I have found it largely painless. The ones in the ears, if your acupuncturist goes there, hurt going in, but then are fine, and they are always the most effective for me. Big toe's kind of tough. And avoid the "star flower" if you can--it's not a lot of fun. But otherwise, I end up napping during treatments, it's so relaxing.

Steph 09-03-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
They should be all around you. Just peek out the window tonight. :)

I wonder how long it'll take her to ban you once she logs in again?