Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Made in England

It's been picked up for another season....
Old 05-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Causer of Unrest

I don't think they spent enough time with him on his own, and by the end of the season, everyone's back to the old cliched relationship crap, totally killing the premise and negating the title itself. Is it so impossible that anyone would evolve for the better come the end of the world? I thought Todd would be the one--he seemed like a good guy--but now he's headed down the same insecure, yucky path as Tandy/Phil. I liked the new hot Phil. Tandy/Phil is such an unevolved babyman that there is no universe wherein he should get the girl. I'm not even sure he should get lunch. We're pretty much ready to leave him in the desert ourselves, and probably won't watch the 2nd season.

Also, I live in Tucson. The desert they're in is not Tucson, but New Mexico, which bugs me every time. If you're going to shoot it in NM, why not set it in NM? They have referred to nothing Tucson-specific thus far, beyond the name, so it wouldn't have been a problem to be in ABQ or some such. And this is a big damn town--800K in the city limits, about a million in the metro area. Why do they all have to live on the same cul de sac? One house per block would have them close enough to help each other out, and far enough to have their own adventures.

My photo threads...

Latest: Cool April Morning

XXXII XXXIII XXXIV XXXV XXXVI XXXVII XXXVIII XXXIX

Stories
Thank You, Come Again / Robyn's Roommate / Seamus, Charlotte, and the Showgirl / God, It's Good to Be Queen

"I walk with my head held high and naked in the sun, claiming these streets for myself."--Jonatha Brooke
Old 06-10-2015, 06:50 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRedHot
.....The desert they're in is not Tucson, but New Mexico, which bugs me every time. If you're going to shoot it in NM, why not set it in NM? ......

So true RH. The people with the script and camera never seem to talk to each other. The movie The Deer Hunter was suppose to take place in Pittsburgh but was all shot here in Cleveland because it "looked more like a steel town" to them. Then just a couple years ago they made Kill The Irishman, about one of our local wise-guys but shot it all in Detroit.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world