Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2001, 09:24 PM

To all of you guys.

I have tried to leave that place behind but some how it just seem to keep croping up. Tet was terrible and since I was in the CB's alot of people do not realize that we spent so much time in country.

We were attached to the 3rd Marines Div. at Red Beach and worked the whole I Corps area.

I left many, many friends over there and I have tried to go to the Wall a couple of times to see if I can put some kind of end to it, but I can't even get close to it with out falling apart. It still Hurts!

Most of the time I manage to keep it in check except when I get close to that Damn Wall.

DIVA!

thanks for the humor I really need a laff, Please keep it up!

Well I'll get off my soap box now, Thanks again to all of you.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:09 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

sad_sam:

Not here.

PM me.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-12-2004, 07:04 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

BUMP!

The day after our gathering place was unavailable is not too late to acknowledge the men and woman that have stood for the call of their country.

The motivation and politics that calls and sends is not the subject, but the people that answered and went. To ALL of those that lead the way, that stood beside me and that follow down the hill today……… I salute you for this Armistice Day, Remembrance Day, Veterans Day.

Proof positive that we just don't learn. :bang:

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-12-2004, 07:10 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

At his weekly staff meeting, kleclere was honored yesterday...but was a little surprised that, out of his group, he was the only veteran. Regardless, thanks to *all* of you.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 11-12-2004, 08:19 AM
slightly daft bugger

There are no words that I deem worthy enough to offer to those who have given so much, so freely. I can only say thank you.

Charlie Mike
Old 11-12-2004, 08:23 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
i'd like to thank all our men and women in the armed forces, as well. it is a thankless, difficult and sometimes horrible job. whether you realize it or not, you are truly a special breed. *flashes all the vets with a big grin* THANK YOU!!!

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 11-12-2004, 04:41 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Thanks seems insufficient but it's all I have to offer so thank you.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-12-2004, 04:57 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
I love you all for all you gave and continue to give to keep this country free!
Old 11-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Manwhore

My apologies for being a day late, but to all you veterans, please accept my sincerest Thank You.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Huggable!

((((((((PF, dv847, sad sam, Irish, Lushboy29, kleclere))))))))

On this day of remembering and honoring the brave men & women in the armed forces,
Thank you ((((ALL))))!!!

I went to the wall in DC several years ago. It was an extremly emotional experience but I'm so glad I went!! Go with a close buddy if you can. It will give you a little sense of closure and hopefully a little peace. *hugs* teddy
Old 11-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Still can not go to the wall.

Thanks guys and gals

USAF
Old 11-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Huggable!

((((((Scarecrow)))))) Thank you !!!
Old 11-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Suprise Me

Our school had a community program to honor our veterans yesterday...

At 1:30, students were dismissed from class and instructed to go to the auditorium. When they arrived, about half of the auditorium was filled with members of the community. Students who were to play in the band made their way to the stage and took their places. The chorus students also made their way to the stage to the risers. All of this happened without a sound, no goofing off, and no hats on heads and outbursts.

Once all were seated and everyone in their place, the president of the student council very politely welcomed everyone. She then announced the presentation of the colors, everyone stood up without prompting, and 7 very proud veterans in full dress uniforms made their way into the auditorium with the lead vet carrying the flag. He walked up the steps and secured it into its holder and they all saluted and very smartly turned about and made their way to where they were to sit...again, all of this happened in total silence.

Once the veterans reached their area, the senior class president led us in the Pledge of Allegiance. Then the band played God Bless America, suddenly the audience started to sing along - students as well.

We all sat down, and a young woman was introduced. She graduated from our high school in 1990. She served in the Army and just recently returned from Iraq. She gave a very moving speech of what she experienced and why she felt the desire to go through such horrific events. She also explained, the best she could through a poem she wrote, how she was able to do the things she was ordered to do. Not because she wanted to do them, but because she needed to do them for something she believed in from the depth of her heart - freedom. She finished reading her poem - again, all in the auditorium were respectfully silent, and as she left the stage she had to walk by the flag. She stopped, did a little step to allow her to face the flag, and saluted. The walked to her seat and sat down.

I looked around and noticed many of the old vets, I guessed from WWII, had tears streaming down their cheeks. Needless to say, I had to swallow hard and blink my eyes to gain my own composure.

After that, the announcer asked that all of the vets in the audience to stand - there must have been at least 50 of them. Then she asked them to, one-by-one, announce their names, branch of armed services and what war/conflict they were in. Even though they didn't know that they would be doing this, each one took their turn and spoke in clear tones that everyone could hear. One after the other, no one missed a beat and there were no silences in-between. Those men and women served from WW II to the current conflict…

Again, there were no sidebars, no misbehaving students, and no disrespect shown to anyone. After the last veteran announced his history, the audience - many with tears streaming down their cheeks stood up and gave each of them a standing ovation....this ovation lasted a good 5 minutes.

As we all took our seats, the chorus started with "Battle Hymn of the Republic", and again, the audience, without invitation, sang along.

It was announced that the vets who presented the colors were going to go outside the auditorium and 21 gun salute. Then, our band director placed Taps...

They came back into the auditorium to complete silence and a standing audience. As they took their seats the audience did as well. Then the chorus sang the National Anthem...and as soon as they finished the vets went up to the stage and got the flag and with solemn faces marched to the back of the auditorium.

The student council president then dismissed us. I was at the back of the auditorium and watched as people walked by the vets. Many shook their hands and told them thank you. What I didn't expect - oh, cynical me, was for students - as young as 7th grade to make their way to the veterans and shake their hands and say thank you. By the look on their faces, they didn't expect it either. Many of them choked up a little bit, but like good soldiers held their composure.

As the web master/unofficial historian/marketing person of the school it was my responsibility to record all of this on film. I was able to zoom in on people and experience what they were feeling through the lens of my camera. There were many times that I had to just put the camera down because I was overloaded with my own emotions, much less the emotions of those around me. What made this even more remarkable to me was the way the students (those who I feel at times don’t appreciate anything) acted and reacted to what was happening around them. As I made my way out of the auditorium and through the crowd of students heading back to the classrooms, I marveled at their solemn faces. This was an amazing experience for me, and I am sure for many others in attendance.

So, after this long entry – I want to THANK each and every one of you who served. I appreciate - because of what you did and experienced - that I am able to “do” and “experience” FREEDOM each and every day.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Just want to enjoy life!

The words "THANK YOU" just don't seem to be no where near enough, but I guess it is the least we can do for those who served, and gave their all if necessary, so we can all be free and enjoy the life style we take for granted because of those that served in the past. And to those who serve now to keep it that way.

THANK YOU!

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised
Old 11-13-2004, 05:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Red face

Scarecrow---I know,what you mean!I have always considerded myself,one
of the roughest,toughest people that I know,but I don't think that I
could emotionally handle,the wall.It would bring back too many memories of good people,that I knew.I still try to change the subject,if it arises! Irish