Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Site News > Site Announcements
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 09:33 AM
Just want to enjoy life!

Kim, you have done a wonderful job on this site, but sometimes things happen that we do not have controll over, I'm sure that this is one of them. In deepest appreciation I thank You for the work that you have done to keep this site up and running. Also is there something we can do, like someone else take it over as to the personal reasons, or what would it cost to make it a pay site? Please PM me as per any details as to what if anything can be done. Again Thank You for the time and effort you have put into this site for all of us, and to all those who have helped with it. It was an enjoyable experiance to have had the oppertoonity to have met and shared with everyone here. I now bow my head in sorrow.

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
E. E. Cummings

My Pictures

Picture requests

As Promised
Old 07-07-2003, 10:11 AM
Damnit Boy!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Bardog

Don't know what to say.
I do agree with Casper there just has to be a way to keep this site going. Damn sure gonna miss all the crazy people here. When is the last day? Will all of the post be archived somewhere to read at a later time?

Kim
I would like to ditto everyones comments about all your work and efforts to make this place what it is. It is truly a very unique and special spot on the web.

To all the mods
Thanks for your work and dedication also. You guys have had done a great job. It's not easy to make this many members play nice and get along but y'all always kept a cool head and made tough decisions to keep the peace.

To the other members
Thanks to all of y'all for being the carziest bunch of pervs ever assembled. I usually don't post much but there is no way I can tell all of you how much I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Even though I wouldn't know most of you if I met you on the street I think of you all as close and dear friends. I have learned so much from all of you and laughed my tail off at some of the nutty going ons.

Truely a sad, sad day that came wat to soon.

Bardog
Old 07-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Kim, I've not been here long, but I have marveled at your wonderful site. Thank you for making my brief stay so enjoyable, and thank you for all you've done to provide such a fantastic site that so many people think of as home. I wish you all the very best..... thank you again.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 07-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Hey all,

Well thanks for all the messages and offers. As for accepting donations I am unwilling to accept money from anyone towards the running of the site, as then I would feel indebted to them and the site turns from a hobby into a business, which is not what I want.

My idea is for a "mini-Pixies-Place" to remain. The Java chat room will be here indefinitely and so it will remain a chatting "hub". In additon I wish to add a message board again, but there will be no pictures.

In addition, and for those who want to help, if someone were to make a new site (primarily the forums), of a similar quality and ethic to Pixies-Place then I could "push" members towards that forum/site - a sort of affiliation between the two places.

Regardless these forums will be around until the end of the month!

Thanks, and this is very hard for me too!
Kim
Old 07-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Suprise Me

I feel the same as all of those who have posted before me.

((((HUGS)))) to Kim.

Kim, this has been a wonderful place for me to go and to learn about myself. I am totally grateful to you for providing a place for me to do that.

Many of us are very willing to contribute to keep the site up and going. Many of the members have talents that would enable the site to continue. Is there a possibility for a meeting of somesort where this could be discussed, planned, and possibly set forth? Is there a way that the reigns could be handed to someone else? I for one am willing to do this, as I am sure others are as well.

Please consider this request from a very grateful member.... members.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Insatiable

Unhappy rabbit weeps.....

Old 07-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Devilishly kinky member

Send a message via Yahoo to Devillishgirl
Old 07-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Scottish Angel

Best wishes to Kim
Hope your future is bright and filled with love
God bless to all the wonderful folk out there
Thanksxxxxxxxxx
Old 07-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Am I really here?

Send a message via ICQ to dadaist Send a message via AIM to dadaist Send a message via Yahoo to dadaist
If I knew of a place that could do hosting, I'd try to help in a transition area. Heck, if I had my own bandwidth I'd set up my own Linux box for public use, but I don't.
Very sorry to hear the news.

I've made my e-mail publicly accessible if anyone wants to contact me off the site.

-John
Old 07-07-2003, 11:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Angry

Kim---I just want to say "THANKS"!As you have,probably,gathered
,I'm not much of a "joiner".I'm a fairly,secretive,person,that doesn't open up to many people.Here I felt at home wiyth the people.I truely felt as if they were my FAMILY and I could open up
&talk about anything with them.I guess all good things must come to an end!As you know,I am fairly computer illiterate,so starting a site,is out of the question.If I can help,just yell.I have
some private e-mail addresses.If anyone has any that they want to send to me,mine is Triumpht@metrocast.net Irish
P.S.Is this mo. it?
Old 07-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Failed voyeur*

Send a message via Yahoo to T-S
What level of bandwidth per month does the site use ?
Old 07-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

*wipes away tears*

Can't believe this is happening, but thank-you Kim, and everybody else here, too. I owe this place and the people here so much I don't know where to begin to express my gratitude, my love and my sorrow.

Lou
x

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 07-07-2003, 12:10 PM

Unhappy

Kim, I am really sad to hear that this site is going to be shut down. I second Casper's motion. I am more than happy to chip in financially. And if there is anything I can do to help, although I am not really computer literate, I am more than happy to.
Thank you for giving us such a wonderful community together. And I wish it would not end this way.

I came here around March this year, it isn't a long time but I feel this is like a family to me. And I will really sad to see this gone before I can really know each and every one of you.

For those who like to contact me. Please feel free to email me at erc25@hotmail.com or erc24@yahoo.com.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Not there yet.....

OH NO! Say it isn't so!

Yes I've lurked and laughed and sometimes even chipped in a thought or two. As a rule i don't " get into" the hard sites........... this one I really enjoyed and checked into often. Most everyone semmed nice and "normal" except maybe Aqua!

Thank Kim.... Lilith.... Sharni.... and any others that helped keep this site running and fun! Good luck and keep us posted on any new location you move to.

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 07-07-2003, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation

Coaster---I don't want to end with an argument,but I think that
you will find that,almost all,pixies members think that Aqua is a
great guy.Obviously,you have done mostly lurking.By the way,I'm
saying this as a STRICKTY hetrosexual person,as I think any long-
time member,will tell you.That's one of the thinds that always was so nice about Pixies.The members are non-judgemental!
Irish
P.S.Sorry!I'm reverting back to my"enforcer"motorcycle gang ways!
Closed Thread