Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Erotic Stories > Interactive/Role Playing Stories
User Name
Password

Old 01-29-2003, 02:46 AM
obsolete

Lightbulb The Water Cooler

Gather round!

I might be the new bad gal on the block but I believe we need a thread like this for all of us to share and get to know each other.

Make yourself at home. Curl up on a sofa or in a chair. Grab a stack of pillows and sprawl out on the floor. Jump naked on a trampoline. Do whatever it takes for you to feel comfy.

This is a place for all of us to share our thoughts. Ask and pose questions. Offer ideas. Get feedback. A place to share words and feed inspirations. Or simply a place where you can cum to read. (Who knows, you might be inspired to start a role play of your own? )

No idea or concern is too small or trivial. Everyone was new to role play at one time. You can't learn if you don't ask.

The most important thing to remember is that this forum is a playground that belongs to all of us and role play is all about having fun. FUN! FUN! FUN!

Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2003, 11:45 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
The purpose of this thread is to give our role players a place to hash out characters, story lines, or just share ideas. Feel free to post questions, suggestions etc.

I will pose a question first........ If SRP story has several characters (say 5 or more) do the participants usually discuss the story line's direction? or is the spontaneity part of the fun?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-31-2003, 09:20 PM

Location: Definitely being a Quicker-Better-Stronger Pick-Her-Upper
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
The purpose of this thread is to give our role players a place to hash out characters, story lines, or just share ideas. Feel free to post questions, suggestions etc.

I will pose a question first........ If SRP story has several characters (say 5 or more) do the participants usually discuss the story line's direction? or is the spontaneity part of the fun?

Hello, Howdy... Lilith and MoM ,

Well, Lilith to answer your question, it's quite difficult in practice... in theory the thread starter is the GM (Game Master) the main Director of the plot. Or it could be someone who is chosen by the thread idea originator, and it's stated for example "This is .... Thread, I'm starting for him/her".

Usually in RP (Roleplaying) there is something called an OOC (Out of Character) Thread, where characters are given a name, attributes and/or background/history. The outline or usually the basic premise of the story is given by the GM. Then there's another new thread which actually the Story thread. The OOC is used to discuss plot ideas and characters. But as far as I can see, we might not want to clutter the first page with too much OOC, although I personally prefer OOCs. If a thread starter does not prefer a separate OOC, the the character's name, attributes and background history can be under the heading OOC:... and then in the same post IC(In Character) for his/her entrance.

A basic plot is always good. A growth from the basic premise. So in this case, too many cooks will not spoil the broth. I've ideas, but I do know that someone somewhere has a better one. So I'm not above "borrowing" their ideas, with their permission of course . The same can be said for sponteniety. Its like an orchestra, one conductor and may players to make the music work.

Hope that answers your question (long winded as it may seem)

I'll be doing the first kind, where there are separate threads for OOC and IC. Maybe you can see the difference more clearly.

Have a great day, boys and girls, and MoM...

Z
Old 02-01-2003, 12:26 AM
Vampyre/ Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Prophet Reality
Cool

This is a great idea, wish I would have thought of it myself. BUt glad that someone has. As for me Lilith I usually swapped PM's with the other writers of my RP's to gt an idea of where they were heading, or we talked outside of Pixies. I know that my presense has dimished of late, but I would love to get into another good RP. So if anyone wants me, please let me know.

Old 02-01-2003, 11:38 AM
obsolete

My 2¢ worth...

In my experience, the more players in a role play, the more chance of the original premise going astray (sometimes in a bad way) if the writers don't interact or at least post to an OOC thread. Personally, I prefer to discuss in PM, IM or group chat whenever possible.

I agree with Z, in that the originator of the thread normally has a premise and usually some sort of an "outcome" in mind as well. If all the players are aware of this, they can develop their characters accordingly. That's not to say it should be a scripted play, with no side stories permitted or with a plot so rigid that there isn't room for innovation. Far from it.

If the story is set in an "era", all players should be aware that there are no cars in medieval times or color TV and microwaves in 1930's. If it's a murder mystery, then the players shouldn't lose sight of that. If it's "modern/realistic", then we wouldn't expect to see magic and fairies or dragons if that were not part of the original intent.

Every player doesn't need to know every little plot twist that's coming. Seeing what the other players develop character and plot-wise as they write is part of what makes the whole group roleplay exciting.

I would LOVE to see a couple of good group stories begin. Ideas, anyone?

Prophet... Welcome back to Role Play. The stage is wide open, all that's needed is the play and players.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:06 PM
obsolete

A few concerns:

Quote:
Originally posted by Boogieman
Perhaps only registered members should be able to reply!?!?!?

This was in response to an unregistered person replying in a disruptive way to a role play. I have to agree with Boogieman.

I've been reading through existing threads since I first came to Pixie's and I've seen a good story disrupted more than once by a non-registered poster. Why NOT require that someone be registered in order to post in this forum? It wouldn't hurt and it only takes a click of a button to "make it so".

What about not being able to edit a post after two hours?

I understand not wanting posters to be able to delete their posts. (I've seen it happen where someone got a bug up and deleted posts from within a story line. ) However, for those of us who see something later that they didn't notice at the time of the post or for those times when you would like to change a description or undo something that you started with but is no longer viable... I, for one, would like to be able to have some control over my creative (or not) efforts.

And yes, there will be more!

Questions? Opinions? Ideas? This thread is for all of us... even if you've never written in a thread but have something you want to discuss or see discussed.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:51 PM

Location: Definitely being a Quicker-Better-Stronger Pick-Her-Upper
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is in great spirits and health.

I'd like to take this opportunity to throw out an idea that I have.

Has anyone here played the MS game called Crimson Skies? If not, it's ok.

This is the basic premise that I've been thinking of. A band of pirates/treasure hunters who uses an airship (much like the Zeppelin) as a mothership. And from the mothership, comes little airplanes that go in search of treasures on some forgotten island or the darkest-deepest jungles.

I haven't got a plot yet, but this is the basic premise that I've. So need input from interested players, suggestions, ideas and such. In addition, I would like to meld fantasy with history, like the era of the great airships and searching for the lost city of El Dorado or Machu Pichu...

Thanks

Z
Old 02-06-2003, 10:24 AM

By way of introduction, I'm an old friend of Maid. We've posted together on several different sites.
So following her sage advise I find myself among the 'Pixies'.
I've been Rping online about three years and will back up all that she has said here.

The larger and more complex a thread is, the harder it is to manage unless it is conceived to be more or less free style posting without a great deal of structure.

I personally do not like everything laid out and plotted before hand and find a bit of the unexpected to be one of the delights of this form of literary interaction.

Unregistered posters are a plague and a requirement to register first would be a very good move.

I often go back an edit posts after they're up for awhile. Maid and I both post to a site that has no 2 hour deadline on editing and as far as I can see there has been very little problem with that.

Zircon, I'm familiar with the game and think it would make a fine RP.

Nice to meet you all!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:37 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Welcome ariosto! For the time being you can always contact me if the 2 hour edit limit has passed......I can fix things for you. Originally there was only 1 member's story forum. We have only fairly recently divided it into RP/Interactive and Stories and to be honest, very few have used this forum, so it was not necessary before to have members registered. Plus I can always remove posts that seem inappropriate. Sometimes I need a shout out to spot them I look forward to reading all of your endeavors and feel free to contact me if there is anything you need.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Vampyre/ Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Prophet Reality
Cool

Welcome aristo to Pixies. Glad to see someone else that I know from the other sites.

Old 02-24-2003, 11:02 AM

All right! Some stuff I might be able to sink my teeth into.
Zircon, anytime you wanna start that thread we/ve discussed on here let me know.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lekov
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith

I think when you get multiple people in, an ooc discussion thread is a must. It's also my experience that some people are just familiar enough with one another (like my wife and I), that very little discussion is needed to keep going with one another. Many times too, I see certain people will discuss ideas privately, and prod along the others for spontaneous reactions to a formulated situation.

Btw, howdy all. Blame Maid and Wench for my appearance.

Fantasy Fiction: Chalgyr's Domain
On-line Fantasy Roleplay: Kingdoms of the Lost
Old 03-10-2003, 05:49 PM

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself. Newbie at the Water Cooler. I recently met Maid of Marvels in another site through Tibvo - in yet another site. So? I'm shopping around. *smiling* Hope to join you in the games.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:54 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Welcome Chloe! Seems Maid and Tibvo will have plenty of writing partners here!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-13-2003, 04:13 PM

You could say that! Maid of Marvels was after me for quite a while to get me here. I was looking for a new place to spend some time too so the timing was right!!