Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2003, 06:42 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
$$tix$$

I just paid what I considered to be alot of money, $85 a piece, for concert tix in completely crap, nosebleed seats. The decent ones were $150 each.

What's reasonable for tix? What's the most you ever spent? Who did ya see? & Was it worth it?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-15-2003, 07:16 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Paid $60 a ticket for those same-type seats to see the Eagles in concert last summer...it about *killed* me to pay that much, and the only reason I did is because my sister and I took my mother for her birthday. Well, fortunately they had the really huge screens, since we were up and to the back right of the stage...and fortunately, the concert *was* worth it. I know some people who just paid $125 for the cheapest seat to see Billy Joel and Elton John in concert. I don't think I could do *that,* no matter how awesome a concert it was.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 04-15-2003, 07:29 AM

depends on what one is willing to pay for an evening of entertainment. We've paid $50 for Garth Brooks & $97 for Tim McGraw or as low as $35 for Terri Clark. All shows were worth it, in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:32 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
I used to pay a bunch. Most I have ever paid was Eagles a few years back and paid about $80.00. But then I discovered Ebay, and found a guy I trusted there. Just bought Pearl Jam tickets from him for $21.00 each and cheapest they were through ticket-master was $39.00.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:26 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

LMAO~ Skipthisone and IAK Girl!!!!!!! They were Eagles tix!!!! Coming to my little ole town in June!

So glad IAKGirl you thought it was worth it! It better be awesome

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Wanting More

Just 3 weeks ago I had spent $36 for Tori Amos tix, 5th row...but after taxes and all that extra crap, ended up being $48. While I'm still a little pissed it was that expensive, Tori live was well worth it. But I don't think I'd pay that for any other concert...it'd have to be someone fantastic...or else I'd need to be rolling in the dough to plop down cash like that again.

Old 04-15-2003, 09:03 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

BCG~ I paid $40 for Elton John a couple years ago and felt that was a fortune

This is an anniversary gift or there is no way I could have done it either!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 04-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Wildland Fire Fighter

The most ever was $75 a seat for BB King.
I try to stay under $55 a seat.
Had a chance to see Reba, but not at $150, no way.
Jethro Tull is on tour this summer if you are interested.

Pixie's Wildland Fire Fighter
Find'em HOT and Leave'em WET!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
I could have sworn when I saw that Eagle's concert they said they would never tour again ????
Old 04-15-2003, 10:30 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Apparently the are opening for Cher in 2083

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 04-15-2003, 10:52 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

LMAO @ Skip and Lilith. This is apparently their Farewell Tour...supposedly...who knows. Yes, Lil, very much worth it. Not many I'd pay that much to see.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 04-15-2003, 02:10 PM

No-one comes this far out except Gene Pitney and he was worth it.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Gene Pitney is still alive?????

Oops! I digress again!

I got my very first credit card back when the earth was still cooling. I heard that Billy Joel was coming to the Tower Theatre. I called for 2 tix. Lady said, "That'll be $150.00". I thought......Holy shit, that's really pricey! But I wanted to try out the new card and I wanted to treat (the ex) as a surprise. I said OK! She did her fingerwork and took my card number and came back in a moment and said, "Your total is $318.00 (with tax) and then there is the service charge to the ticket agency. I said, "WTF are you talking about? You said it would be $150.00. How'd you get to over $300.00"? She said.........."Oh no miss, you've misunderstood. One ticket is $150.00". I said, "Tear up that order right now....so I can hear you doing it"!!!!!!! She did! I said, "Billy Joel would have to give me a gold piano to get me to pay that price for tickets", and hung up. Never did see Billy in concert!

Most I ever paid for a ticket..........$43.00 per tix (really great seats) for Aerosmith at Hershey Stadium, last summer! And I don't regret it at all! Least I ever paid without going for free.......$9.00 per tix......The Spectrum (1972), Ten Years After......ok concert!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 04-15-2003, 06:42 PM
Wanting More

Billy Joel and Elton were just in town together last week and the ticket prices cost an arm and a leg, over $100 for the nosebleeds even...I still cannot believe it sold out! I'm sure the concert was amazing, but still...think of everything else that could've been bought for one night with them on stage.

Old 04-15-2003, 06:58 PM

Hmmm....it was around $60 for decent tickets when Mark Knopfler came through town, but I don't think there's such a thing as a bad seat at Red Rocks, and the show was just amazing. I forget how much it was for Aerosmith (with Cheap Trick opening), but pricey. Generally, I like to pay in the neighborhood of $30 for a well-known act, $15-20 for a "cult following" national act, and generally no more than $7 for a local band.

"It felt like Flynn."
--Master Control Program, Tron

"Know what I mean, know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Say no more."
--Eric Idle, "How to recognise different types of trees from quite a long way away", Monty Python's Flying Circus