Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Yankee in Dixie

Seems like a silly question, but wouldn't it be a better idea to not add a dressing to the salad? Personally, I'm not fond of anything on my veggies.

Also with salads be sure to stay away from iceburg lettuce specifically. Though using baby spinach instead of any lettuce is the best idea from what I've been told.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
... as for snacks (merely a joke btw) I cannot stand almonds, and they seem to be a snacking standby....any other suggestions?

Both Macadamia and Cashew nuts have lower carb counts than do peanuts.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:41 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I love walnuts too.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Runs with Scissors

Send a message via Yahoo to gigi
Cashews are good...I like them in some low fat chicken salad. Adds a delicious crunch.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 PM

One diet that I have used with success is the Atkins Diet. On it, I lost 20 lbs. last year, from June up to Christmas. Over the holidays, I’ve put 8 lbs. back on, but I’ll be restarting the diet on Sunday. During 2013, I hope to re-lose that 8 and lose another 20.

One downside to Atkins is that it is less convenient than some others, as there’s a lot of cooking from scratch, as processed foods almost always have too many carbs in them.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Runs with Scissors

Send a message via Yahoo to gigi
Had a delicious lunch today of garlic hummus, with grilled zucchini planks, jicama, carrots and pita bread. Yum yum yum yum!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I made a great breakfast that was easy to do and I am really trying to make sure to eat breakfast.
1 Natures Own 100 calorie english muffin
1 egg poached (microwaved in a coffee cup with a TBSP of water for 45 secs)
1 tsp Helman's Light Mayo
Franks Red Hot Sauce

It was very tasty and even with my coffee and 1/2 & 1/2 was under 300 calories. The english muffin is super high fiber but I think adding an apple or some fruit would be a good addition. I am trying to find tasty quick breakfasts because I get to work before seven and don't get lunch until 1.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 PM
~a little bit naughty~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith

Pita have you ever made your own balsamic reduction? It is super simple and cuts down on the amount of oil I add to salads but it is still calories.

The only reduction I've ever done is when I make my balsamic pork chops and I reduce the sauce down until it's thick and yummy.

@Lord Snow, I'm not that fond of dry salad greens, so I lightly dress them. I never use iceberg lettuce because it lacks nutrition and flavor. I usually use a mix of baby spinach and spring greens, or at the very least I use romaine.

My go-to salad dressing consist of:

2 TBS of the most expensive Balsamic I'm willing to pay for.
1/2 TBS of extra virgin olive oil
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 to 2 finely grated garlic cloves
1/2 tsp of light soy sauce
1 tsp honey
lots of fresh ground black pepper

This amount gets tossed in a large bowl of mixed greens and whatever veggies I feel like having. It's split between my husband and I so there isn't a ton of dressing on my salad to really worry about and the flavor is so freaking good!

@ Jseal, I tried Atkins and failed miserably. I am working on uping my protein and getting some of the whole-wheat carbs more under control. It's just so easy to grab a Kashi bar or some Wheat Thins if I'm really busy at work. I did take me a couple of Cuties today and snacked on them.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Not there yet.....

I had a delicious Chocolate & Peanut butter Vi shake for lunch! For breakfast I thru in some frozen grapes, strawberries & blueberries into my Vi shake... about 200 cals!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Yankee in Dixie

Healthy food

I saw this article, and while it's not diet food I figured this might help those trying to live healthier. Which I think is the main spirit of this thread.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Today I am experimenting with making my own bread. I have made bread often but this is a new recipe that is cooked in a dutch oven. If it turns out I want to start trying out a variety of flours and herbs. I hate the texture and taste of low carb/calorie bread so I am trying to make my own healthy alternative.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM

There are a heap of "new healthy" seeds like Chia which may bulk out the bread.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM
~a little bit naughty~

I taped the start of the Biggest Loser last night and this morning watched half of it while on the elliptical. Nothing like watching a bunch of puking, morbidly obese people getting screamed at by Jillian Michaels to make me step up the pace. I had a great workout!

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Starry-eyed Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaKyttn
I always loved salads but could never stand undressed ones. The italian place in town (yes I live waaaay out in the boonies)makes a great house dressing of black pepper, lemon juice, fresh garlic paste, and a wee bit of olive oil. I add salt when I make it at home but I consume a LOT of salt though my bloodwork always looks good.

My go-to snacks are usually citrus. "Cuties" ( which I think are clementines) Grapefruit and if theres nothing else oranges.

My biggest workout stumbling block is that I work night shift. With an hour commute each way and no parks or gyms on the route. It's difficult enough to get motivated to go to work as the sun is setting or when I know my sweetie is in bed warming my side for me when I get in.

I've also found that collard greens is a great "filler" for me since I love them and I can eat a serving and feel full for 6-8 hours.

Since I work on my feet 12 hours a night I should lose weight. I'm back up to where I was 6 years ago after managing to lose with LS. Marl is killing me with the chef skill. I lost weight when I had to eat my own rotten cooking. At least he hasn't noticed or seem to mind.

Heres to the new year ladies and gents.

I envy you.

Kyttn
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Mrs. WI has been battling sugar issues, health concerns and weight fluctuations for a few years now and was told last March that because her numbers weren't going anywhere she was being put on insulin. It was finally enough to get her attention and realize that if she didn't do something that worked FOR HER, then she was going down a slippery slope that she would probably not be able to get back up.

She spilled her story to a coworker that tuned her in to a program that specialized in clients with sugar issues and she started following it the week before Easter. Since then, she's lost 85 lbs. Her blood pressure is normal; her cholesterol is normal and her blood sugar levels no longer classify her as having diabetes. It has taken consistent effort and attention, and when she strays from the program...she either doesn't lose, or she gains. She's not at her goal yet, and it appears that the last 15 lbs are going to be the most difficult to drop. She's trying desperately to get back on track and she's battling boredom & routine. That's a difficult battle for someone with adhd, because routine is like a four letter word to her. She struggled over the holidays and has picked back up with the intent to get to her goal and begin the maintenance phase.

All I can suggest is this: If what you are doing shows signs of working...use that as inspiration to keep doing it. That's what I tell her. "You know it works because it has worked up to this point. When you follow the program, you lose weight." And if it's not working, then walk away from it and find something else.

Good luck to all of you and remember...you're beautiful people.

And be sure to photo-document your journey.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.