Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Oral Freak

What made you decide...?

A question for all the members (well, okay, actually a couple of questions):

I was thinking about how we're able to create our personas here from scratch, something we can't always do in life. It's a neat opportunity to play out who you really are or experiment with someone you might want to be. So, that got me wondering:

What made you decide on your handle/nickname when you registered? (I.e., how does it represent who you are?)

Given that very few of us realized how active we'd become in terms of posting when we chose our handles, would you have chosen something different had you known? (I.e., do you still like the name you picked originally?)

I'll kick things off:

Personally, I picked 'sugarfreecandy' because I'm diabetic; and I also like the seeming impossibility of the image (though the stuff does actually exist)... I also go by 'sweetstuff' because it was a childhood nickname, and I think it kind of goes with the other handle --- plus although it didn't start off with any flirtatious connotations, it certainly has that potential! I think both names capture the combination of playfulness and kindness that I try to maintain in my life. (No comments as yet on how successful I am with that... ) I still like the handles, though I occasionally wonder how my persona here would be different had I chosen a different name.

So whose turn is it next? Tell me why you are who you are here!

--- sweetstuff
Old 02-26-2002, 04:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to scorpi42
well i will admit i picked mine scorpi42 for a few reasons its the handle ive used since i came on the net plus i am a scorpio sun sighn and the forty two is from the douglas adams hitch hiker books which has a funny trick of appearing every now and then
Old 02-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpi42
and the forty two is from the douglas adams hitch hiker books which has a funny trick of appearing every now and then

As much as I love Douglas Adams, 42 has nothin' on 43 when it comes to poppin' up everywhere!! As for Aquaman... well I can't say... being a Superfriend and all I must maintain my secret identity!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 02-26-2002, 04:45 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
My alter ego

Lilith~ Demon Queen~ Seductress~Temptress~ It all sounds so good!
Recently I had several friends who have been given the news that they have terminal breast cancer. I have been watching them die with regrets. I decided I was not going to have any, or as few as possible. So I quit my secure,well paying job and have gone to school (yes at my age) to get my teaching degree. In my first class Mythology I did a research project on Lilith and learned of her wicked ways. I fell in love with her. Her refusal to submit, her lack of fear of God or anyone, her seduction of lonely men in their dreams, and the fact that she has accepted blamed for all the perceived evils that us females have caused throughout history. She is immortal, naughty, independent, fierce and all that I am too. She would not have regrets! So I am Lilith and I could not think of a better personna to relate to.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-26-2002, 05:16 PM
~*Forget Me Not*~

I have always been LoveDiva4u since I have been on the net..

I picked Love because everyone should feel it once in awhile and Diva because, I am first and foremost a Lady, and in my eyes....A Diva is a Lady...(not a teen looking for cyber...lol.. )
The 4 U is simply that...for you....(must have been a lonely day when I registered it..lmao)

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 02-26-2002, 05:48 PM
Pixaholic in rehab Member

Send a message via ICQ to mindboxer505 Send a message via AIM to mindboxer505 Send a message via Yahoo to mindboxer505
Since I got on the internet, my attitude toward others and the way i react to what I felt were''strange ideas has changed.
''mindboxing'' is what i call taking my ideas, reactions and interactions and see how they affect me and the people I interact with.........505 is just a id number........
Old 02-26-2002, 06:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Irish has been my actual nickname for 35+yrs.More people in the
motorcycle lifestyle and racing&mechanical world;Know me by
"Irish"then my surname.It was natural for me to pick that name
because so many people;already;knew me by that name.
What Mindboxer said is true.When I was younger;I thought;that
if you thought differently then I did;that you were wrong!I now
realise that you might think differently then me and still be a nice
person as long as noone is hurt! Irish
P.S.Different strokes for different folks!
Old 02-26-2002, 06:27 PM

I picked mine because I would have loved to have been a bunny girl in the london playboy club in the 60's.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nubian
I chose Nubian because of my African heritage and because of my respect for the early Egyptian culture.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:14 PM

Smile Actually...

I like to mix things up a little... I have a million different screen names on a million different boards/clubs/groups. My names are usually chosen based on the interest that the group focuses on... but in this case, it's as simple as having just read an email from my hubby in which he opened with "How's my cutie pie?" and so that clicked in my mind and I went with QTPie!! I have some "fun" Yahoo screen names, such as "luvzzz2BE10", "SinWagon127", and "Your_BBW_Fantasy"
Old 02-26-2002, 07:29 PM
MuffDiver

Send a message via Yahoo to Saddaddy
The name Saddaddy Came from a Comdy Fishing Video . On the tape they were catching Large RedFish (SEABASS ,RED DRUM) . I love to Fish for the Big ones .The 62 is my Birth year . I Combine the 2 & started Using the Name On the internet . No I wouldn't Change My Handle . In Fact My Boat is named THE SADDADDY ..
Old 02-26-2002, 07:32 PM

Generic Man because self-depreciating humour is a strong point for me.

And it keeps my ego from swelling because I tend to be anything but generic.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:44 PM
Passion & Power

Send a message via MSN to Glyndwr Send a message via Yahoo to Glyndwr
I picked the nickname as Glyndwr was a Welsh hero. He is also mentioned by Shakespeare in Henry IV so I thought the name wouldn't be completely obscure. I've used other nicks in other places, especially when I first started surfing, but now I only use Glyndwr so I guess that means I'm happy with it.

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul

Old 02-26-2002, 07:56 PM
here and there

my original screen name was just based on the first past of my free e-mail address (before the @ sign)... but I was happy to be able to change it to this one...

I am still a kid at heart and for the longest time have used cartoon charters for the names my computers, accounts, domains, etc....

MilkToast seemed a good one for this board... the character is the small roach from Bloom County that was always causing trouble of some kind... the original Milquetoast is from an old cartoon stip that long pre-dates the Milquetoast in Bloom-County...

Quote:
Milque·toast
Pronunciation: 'milk-"tOst
Function: noun
Etymology: Caspar Milquetoast, comic strip character created by H. T. Webster died 1952 American cartoonist
Date: 1935
: a timid, meek, or unassertive person

though the description of the type of person only applies when I am introduced to a new group... once I get comfortable with the folks around I am the least bit unassertive

I'll have to see if I can dig up the clipping of the cartoon that made me suck a fan of the little bugger...
Old 02-26-2002, 09:33 PM

Jay has been my nic name as long as I can rember as for my persona I just try to be truthfull and respectfull of the other users and to post whenever I have somthing to say.
well they're gonna tell you that everything is just dirt
You know that women never really faint and that villains always blink their eyes, ooohhh
And that, you know children are the only ones who blush
and that life is just to die

sweet jane the velvet underground