Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Loungin' Around

**Gulp**

How do you work up the courage to do something really difficult? Something that you know you gotta do, but just aren't sure you have the guts to finish?

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 03-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Just me.

Probably depends a bit on what the situation is. But, for a serious situation, I count a lot on prayer and my faith to help guide and strengthen me. I also depend a lot on my wife and family and good friends for encouragement and support. Those are probably my most reliable and best "courage enhancers".

I also try to research the situation so that I feel like I know all I can about it and will be informed on what I'm doing. The better informed, the better prepared. The better prepared, the less nervous I tend to feel.

Not sure if that helps, but we'll keep you in our thoughts, osuche, if you're facing such a situation. ((((( HUGS )))))
Old 03-26-2008, 05:48 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I'm going through something right now at my work. I have been trying to get the balls up to approach my principal regarding a change. I just can't do it especially now that they told us that if you don't have tenure, you don't have a job basically. So this morning I emailed her and set up an appointment to meet. It corners me into doing something, into having follow-through. Otherwise I kept finding excuses to *not* go have the talk.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Loungin' Around

I have no problems standing up for myself when I'm in the right - but I'm changing job plans mid-stream and I'm not ery good at asking for forgiveness.

Karma can be a bitch sometimes, and I'm afraid she's going to come and bite me in the ass.

How is it that something that is so right is so hard to do? Oh well, to the victor goes the spoils.

<sigh>

Here goes nothing.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 03-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
I have no problems standing up for myself when I'm in the right - but I'm changing job plans mid-stream and I'm not ery good at asking for forgiveness.

Karma can be a bitch sometimes, and I'm afraid she's going to come and bite me in the ass.

How is it that something that is so right is so hard to do? Oh well, to the victor goes the spoils.

<sigh>

Here goes nothing.

(((osuche)))

Call me if you need moral support, OK?

Good luck and be brave.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Loungin' Around

OK. Done. It wasn't easy, but the guy told me he understood. That I needed to do what was best for me.

I still feel about 2 inches high, though.

(((((Lilith))))) - it's amazing what good people can accomplish through communication. My hope is that your principal will see your value...and will work with you on finding a solution that will keep you at the school. Explore the possibilities - there might be some great opportunity around the corner!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
OK. Done. It wasn't easy, but the guy told me he understood. That I needed to do what was best for me.

I still feel about 2 inches high, though.

(((((Lilith))))) - it's amazing what good people can accomplish through communication. My hope is that your principal will see your value...and will work with you on finding a solution that will keep you at the school. Explore the possibilities - there might be some great opportunity around the corner!

((((osuche)))) and ((((Lilith))))

You two could use some mudslides. I've been known to play a pretty fair cabana boy....

Old 03-26-2008, 07:32 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

The problem with doing a good job is that you become indispensable.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-27-2008, 02:37 AM

It's knowing that you're good enough to clamber back up. Uncomfortable, but doable.

I did that when I resigned last May after 14 1/2 years at the one joint.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
it's a sign of your character that it hurts you to let others down, even if it is to please yourself.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Like Lilith, sometimes when I don't want to do somethign that I need to, I end up easing into it until it's just too late and way too much hassle to back out of.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Well I screwed up the courage and even though things won't be changing in the immediate future, I was given some assurances I needed. No pain, no gain I guess.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Yea for both Osuche and Lilith .... it's not easy to do such things and doesn't it at least feel great that you don't have to face the dread of the situation anymore, it's behind you now....that's what I usually have to remind myself in order to get myself in geer to deal with difficult things... thanks for the good example and the reminder!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Messenger

During my time preaching The Fuck™, I have found myself in many strange situations. It is during those times that I remember that I serve as an example to my brothers. It is a tenet of The Fuck™ that weakness shall become strength, and the brotherhood gives me the strength to continue.

Amen

Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 03-28-2008, 09:53 AM

you did what you had to do....and good for you for doing it....

it was hard for me to tell the guy I used to work for I was leaving after 14 years, especially since I have known him my whole life...but eventually, I just sucked it and did it - turns out, it was quite liberating in the end....

Don’t let the hardship of the past, take away from the joy of the present