Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 06:04 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Yes, woohoo for fzzy! An "outward" reinforcement like that just renews your commitment, doesn't it?

Of course, I'm wondering what Lil ate for breakfast--'cause I'm envious.

As for me, speaking of reinforcements, I'm wearing a skirt today two sizes smaller than what I would've worn a little over a month ago. I have a long, long way until I reach my goal weight, but every little bit helps.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 01-31-2006, 06:10 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Today the scales showed I reached the 15 pound loss mark My dress pants for work look silly cause they are practically falling off

I ate a croissant. 300 calories in one bite Breakfast is hard for me as it's a meal I'm not fond of unless it's eating really bad for me things.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-31-2006, 06:21 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

15 pounds!?!?!?! Yay! I am definitely envious now.

I have learned that I can't keep things like that in the house. Period. My son wanted cupcakes at the store the other day, and I made the mistake of letting him put them in the cart. Mind you, there are six in a package, and we've had them since Saturday...and I have a severe cake weakness. If I'm going to eat dessert, which really isn't THAT high of a priority for me, that's my weapon of choice. Well, I lost willpower Sunday night and had one. I faithfully recorded it, though--and I haven't touched them since. He has had two, and there are three left. Learning to deal with temptation like that is perhaps the hardest lesson.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 01-31-2006, 06:39 AM
~getting by~

You women are amazing! fzzy, that sounds to me a lot like 4" gone on your chest... EXCELLENT accomplishment. Lilith, 15 lbs and seems several inches also fantastic!

Thanks for the heads up on the omelet IAKG - I made one over the weekend, 2 eggs, ff cheddar, and some diced ham... all served up with a side of two slices of WW bread. I think it was a total of about 7 or 8 points but it was a weekend breakfast treat. I haven't seen the ff mozzerella, I'll have to pay closer attention next time I'm at the grocery.

Monday was a better day for me, I just tend to be busier at work and my mind doesn't as easily wonder to food. Also being limited to what I brought with me lessens the temptations. I've added salad to my daily lunch regimine and it seems to be working so far. It only takes me an extra minute in the evening or morning to throw it together in a container. It's helping my veggie intake and keeping me fuller in the afternoon.

Oh, and btw, down 8.5 lbs and down 2 more points too!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:46 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I fully understand the work dilemma, maddy. I have a stash of Lean Cuisine and similar items in the freezer at work, so I allow myself a choice instead of being "forced" to have just one option. Yesterday I hadn't realized I was out of the yogurt I keep at work, and I'd forgotten to take the celery/light dip I usually pack as a snack. It was murder! I'd had a half of a bagel for breakfast and a Lean Cuisine Steak Tips Portabello (highly recommended, btw), but that was it. Fortunately, the omelet worked just fine.

The ff mozzarella is also by Kraft, maddy--should be in the same section. If you have Shaw's in CT, that's where I bought it last. At Hannaford's last night, they had the mozzarella but not the cheddar--go figure.

I was wondering how your weigh-in went--that is so awesome!

Old 01-31-2006, 07:11 AM
is not this trim anymore!

I've seen the FF mozzarella at Shaws, Stop & Shop and Big Y. I believe I've even seen the store brand in FF as well.

What a bunch of inspirational posts! I love coming to this thread.

And it's not just because Lil's pants are falling down.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Loungin' Around

Down 4 lbs since last Wednesday...thanks to some grueling workouts and a bit more careful eating (except for the Saturday night Inidan fest). I'm not seeing much difference yet, but I have hopes....and I DID catch a guy checking me out on the bus yesterday evening.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 01-31-2006, 12:56 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
excellent girls!!! ((((hugs)))) and wolf whistles

lil, breakfast is hard for me too, but i know i should eat it because it helps with the metabolism all day. i do a liquid brekkie - ovaltine, carnation instant...they're less than 200 calories each. or slimfast (they make a low-sugar version now).

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Manwhore

Woohoo!! Great to hear you are all doing so good! :cheer:

So far I have been good at keeping to one can of pop a day on the weekdays and that's my goal. On the weekends I am trying to keep it at two a day. This Sunday I am not restricting myself on anything, however. I'm not going to make it a point to funnel Dew down my throat, but if I want one (or 4), I'm going to have it. I'll still probably only have two though.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 01-31-2006, 04:09 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Grats Aqua! Do you feel a difference weekdays?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Manwhore

I feel a bit better for it, thank you!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 01-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Wow everyone .... great job(s) ... Lil ... ((whistle)) you may have to go shopping for new ones soon .... and down 15 pounds.. How wonderful is that!!

Aqua .... glad to hear you're sticking with it ... I know kicking a particular type of soda habit can be REALLY hard!! ... (thumbs up!)

Yea Osuche ... great job ... one week down ... usually one of the hardest ones to get through is that first one ... good for you!!!

WI ... and we love having you stop by .... for encouragement and to hear on how you are doing with anything you want to report to us as well!!

Well done maddy .... 8.5 pounds less you have to carry around with you!!!

IAKG ... down 2 skirt sizes ... doing the happy dance with you ... wonderful!!!!

I love you guys ... you make it fun to be able to report ... even on days that don't go as well as I hoped.... not that this is one of those ... doing fine so far .. will report at the end of the day for how it ends up!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Learning to talk sexy

I've made it through another day ... every day I make it through in tact is a victory, I did well enough today and am grateful for it!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:44 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I think being grateful is a big part of it fzzy. I'm not just hammering myself when I make poor choices but being grateful and proud of the good choices I am making too.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-01-2006, 12:54 PM

What an awesome thread! I was on WW for two monthes and lost 10 lbs, however I didn't keep up with it, it was way too hard with school. I have recently really been trying to start it up again, but on my own. My roomate and I have "Wednesday Weigh In." We have also started Taebo every night together.

Anyone mind if she and I join this thread... I know it's a little late, but I think these success stories, along with all of you holding me accountable... is just what I need.

Some days life can be shitty , some days life can be outstanding ;
Sometimes you find love , sometimes you find fun ;

Just remember through all these changes you are you, special and unique...

Just a reminder to those who are like me and need it...