Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2006, 12:19 PM

what should i do?

recently my fiance found religion and now thinks that we should no longer have sex until we are actually married.i guess all i can do is wait huh? i love her enough to wait but it will be hard.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:21 PM
gurly gurl

Like you said, if you love her, you will wait until she's ready.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:08 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
One of my best friends found God and apparently I am too much of a heathen to associate with now.

I would caution you that you take a serious look at the religion she has found. Is her involvement in it something that you can be supportive of? I have some friends who used to be fun wild swingers and suddenly she became Mormon. While her husband is happy she is happy it has changed their marriage drastically.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-11-2006, 03:08 PM
old as dirt

Send a message via Yahoo to JassWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
One of my best friend found God and apparently I am too much of a heathen to associate with now.

I would caution you that you take a serious look at the religion she has found. Is her involvement in it something that you can be supportive of? I have some friends who used to be fun wild swingers and suddenly she became Mormon. While her husband is happy she is happy it has changed their marriage drastically.

This is a real good point, hudguy. I suggest you do some studying to see if she's being lead away from the ugly sins of the flesh in a way that will destroy your future.

I wish I were joking.

I also know (don't ask) how apparently "normal" folk will find any number of excuses to explain their disinterest/dislike of sexuality -- it's always complex, but imo this situation calls for you to carefully examine what's going on and what it really means.

Marriage, as any divorced person will tell you, is a HUGE step and best taken when you know the outcome as well as is possible. Of course some things have to be taken on faith, but Faith can lead people in strange directions to hurt the very people they most love.

(I am by the way a religious person, or so I think.)

Good luck.
JW
Old 06-11-2006, 09:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Disclaimer: I strongly distrust most if not all organised religion, so my advice is strongly biased.

Run! Run like the wind!

At the very least sit her down and talk about what has changed in her expectations of marriage. Has it changed her attitudes about sex in marriage? Some religions have some pretty dratic ideas about sex, so it's in your best interest where hers fall now.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:03 AM

Shit yeah.

If she's changing the ground-rules now unilaterally, what else is on the agenda.

You may find that she is no longer the girl you fell for, and the love is rolling on inertia.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
I'd just like to appologise for the horrible spelling and grammar in my post.

Note to self, never post with a throbbing headache it makes it hard to concentrate.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:39 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
One of my best friends found God

He was behind the sofa the whole time, wasn't he?

Ok, on to a more serious tone:

It makes no difference if either one of you have found or lost religion, and which one it is, was or will be. The important part of the whole equation is "are your views alike?" Love is great. But part of love is compatibility, and that requires similar mindframes and the ability to understand the other's ideals when those mindframes don't fully align.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:59 AM
Everybody Stretch!

You never said WHEN you were to be married. Are you engaged with the intention to set a date at a later time? Do you have a date already? Could this be her way of making you set an earlier date or just to set a date already?

Is her religion one in which the rules to live by will change her drastically? Some religions forbid lots of things that we normally take for granted such as, music, holidays, entertainment (movies/television), sexual activity...etc. Do you know her new found religion and understand it enough to live by it with her? Or...is she making rules through interpretation that may be to her benefit only?

Lotsa questions to ask yourself hun!

Welcum to Pixies hudguy! Will you post again to let us know how we're helping so far?

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 06-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Hmm...I think a REALLY important thing to consider here is how this might affect any children you plan to have.....and remember, you may not have planned children, but a lot of religions are dead against contraception.

Would you be happy for your children to grow up instilled with the new found set of values that your fiancee has discovered. It's one thing being able to live with someone with different values from your own, but when they start teaching your kids those things, and bringing them up in ways you disagree with, you're going to run across HUGE problems.

Hell, I'd have to think twice about marrying a vegetarian, since I wouldn't want my kids to be fed on a veggie diet, and that's a minor thing compared with religion!!!!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 06-18-2006, 03:26 PM
The Lonley Writer

Send a message via AIM to the earthling 2
opps to "l"s

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginewithme
Like you said, if you love her, you will wait until she's ready.

Just my opinion.

I agree, but Lilith is also right, take another look at her before marriage, religon changes everything.