Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 06:06 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
yup....spicy

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Carpe diem

Lil, I’ve noticed the same thing re the slowdown here…not quite as many fun and dynamic threads, but I assumed it had probably always been cyclical with ups and downs (mmmm…actually I like those !!!)

Two things have reduced my time here…first, just seem to be super-busy lately, but probably more significant has been the decline in the number and variety of people in chat…the lively banter there helped me to get to know people as well as being a lot of fun…consequently I visited the threads more often.

But here's to a renewed spirit here.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Awesome on my Own

I tried getting into outworld chat last night, but i couldn't get it to work
Old 08-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Larger Than Life

DB I did
Old 08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Not there yet.....

yep yep........ doesn't Lil look tempting!!!!

I spend more time outside during the summer months... house maintainance, gardening, hiking & biking. I'm sure i'll be around more when it's cold outside.......

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I also have a prob with my timing, as far as when I can be here...my present situation as semi-retired partially disabled old homebody only leaves me the daytime hours (US CST) to browse the way I'd like, when most of the good people here are working or sleeping...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
I spend alot less time here than I used to. Largely because Denny and I live together and we're so busy with life, family, and each other. Partly, and this is being honest, because I oftentimes feel a bit snubbed.

Please don't beat me up for that comment. An honestly asked question deserves an honest reply.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 08-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Loungin' Around

((((((flutelady)))))) ~~ I always love to see you post, and I kick myself for not being able to meet you when I was visiting the Bay Area (pre-move)

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 08-30-2006, 07:16 PM
A Little of Both

There have been comments like Flutelady's made before and the answer always seems to be "well you only have yourself to blame because if you put yourself out there people respond." To some degree I agree. But I've heard this exact same complaint from not only the occasional dropperbyer but also from some long standing members who have decided they no longer felt comfortable here because they didn't feel as if anyone considered their participation important..... They don't feel like one the "popular people"...... their threads were never responded to when they DID make the effort..... or even they felt like when they did express their opinions on other's threads that if they didn't go with the norm they were either ignored or picked on.

Myself I sort of agree. But not to the point that I've left. In conjunction with my now way busy Mommyhood I don't feel as comfortable here as I used to. 1. A lot of my friends don't come here anymore and 2. I think I've also been put off by the cliquish feeling that has slowly developed over the past few years. That may be in part due to the fact that a lot of regulars have become more infrequent.. so the other regulars tend to stick more together. But then we're back to why are people not here...

On the whole I've always loved the concept of Pixies and still do. I've met some great people here. One thing that also may be an issue is the whole new "picture posting rules" that scared me off for awhile. I didn't know what was safe so I didn't post pics... which usually leads to not as many people talking to you.... (sorry but it's true) My only real complaint is yes it's great to have a big fan fare welcome newby posting frenzy. But when that same newby does post...take a look at it and respond. That encourages people to continue on here.. make more posts... respond to others posts..make Pixies their home. I'm actually more concerned in keeping our current people than attracting new members. (that comes with happy members)

I know I'm treading shark infested waters by elaborating on Flutelady's post. And making my opinion known. But as she said.. Lillith asked an honest question. I'm being honest.

Okay.. now I'd like to end on a happy note so um... everyone into the hot tub!!!!! ***grope grope***

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles

Old 08-30-2006, 07:33 PM

Don't be put off.

All are equally important here, though you may not feel it sometimes.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:06 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I thank you for your honesty.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-30-2006, 08:31 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Like I tell my kids you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. I am hunting solutions. Does anyone have suggestions for anything fresh and new?

I think the people who have made suggestions such as everyone taking time to start a thread about something they find interesting as opposed to waiting for material to be provided make a lot of sense. Yes, threads bomb. Someone bumped an old poetry thread of mine that had almost nil responses previously. Part of being a community is bringing things you are interested in with you. It's like a less nude version of show and tell. Of course we appreciate the nude version as well.

I guess what I was hoping for was suggestions and ideas as opposed to criticism. But I put it out there and well ya get what ya get.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-30-2006, 09:29 PM
A Little of Both

Sometimes addressing problems are a part of the solution.

But... the last thing I want to do is step on toes or go against the general flow/ opinion here...so I digress. I'm just in a tell it as I feel kind of mood... and I've been looking for a outlet for that opinion for awhile now. I didn't mean to insinuate I don't appreciate what goes on here. I was actually looking to help make it better.

Fresh and new... I'd love to see more focus on the erotic stories. Maybe a challenge... or contest... or author of the Month.... to spotlight the tallented members we have here. (Maybe have people nominate authors that have posted new stories with in the last 30 days... then have the mods choose the Author. (or even a small group of interested Pixies) Maybe that author gets a big post with links to their stories all set up for people to check out and comment on. This would encourage people to post stories.. which generates comments.. which generates conversations.. which maybe means we make some friends. And friends are good.

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles

Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 PM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
One thing that I think a few people have mentioned, but not put enough weight on, is the new picture regulations. I think that what draws many people in are the pic postings. With the new regulations, fewer people know what is ok to post, and regulars who used to post picture a lot no longer do, perhaps because of a lack of options creatively. I think, also, that we've had fewer new people posting pictures. I'm not sure why this is, but I think that it's true.

As for suggestions about how to fix this... I'm not sure. It's not like we can change the regulations. Our fearless leader knows what's best for us. But yeah... I don't know.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 08-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
This morning as I sat here at Pixies alone, completely alone. I was shocked and disheartened to see I was really alone. No members, no guests.

(((Lilith)))

Here we are!!!