Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
tastes better too

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-22-2009, 08:02 PM

I have a corn popper I bought years ago, pops the kernals in hot air.

It's more economical than using the stove, and you can use the dry stuff

instead of styrofoam when sending stuff.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I still have my air popper, buried in the corner cupboard somewhere. Oil-free popcorn is prob better for you, but like most things, "good for you" & "tastes good" don't co-exist in the same universe. But using dry popcorn as packing material is an excellent reminder tho'...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:38 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I love air popped with grated cheese on it! Yum!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-23-2009, 11:09 AM

Lunches for work

One of the things I use to spend a ton of cash on was lunches. Over the years it is amazing how much even going out to eat at a "fast food" restauraunt can add up to.

I went through many different things trying to find something worth eating that I wouldn't get overly tired of for my lunch. I work nights so my lunch ends up being in the middle of the night so it is a bit different than others lunches. Anyway I found one of the most inexpensive lunches was a can of soup and some crackers.

You can get the "off brand" soups from Wal-mart usually around $1.50 a can. The tops are pull tops so easy enough. I just take one can, some crackers in a baggie, and a bowl and spoon to work and it is pretty good meal. Thankfully we have a microwave that works well for that.

Other ways to save I have found is:

Gathering coupons from the sunday paper and taking the time to read the food adds and actually plan going to more than one store. It helps if you have a selection of grocery stores that are close to one another. By doing this alone I have saved on average of 30 dollars out of a 60 dollar visit to the grocery store. It is kind of a hassle at first but you get use to it. It is most effective if you go when they give double value to the coupons.

I also buy groceries that makes alot of servings such as chili, spaghetti, etc and buy the inexpensive freezer containers and portion it up to take for lunch etc.

Not sure any of these helps as I am single and you have a family to take care of but figured I would share nonetheless.

Sincerely,

Zeph
Old 05-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Insatiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Tell me your secrets...

Two words: Sam's Club.

High quality, good deals to be had if you know what things cost.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Tons of Fun - squared!

Send a message via Yahoo to MommyMaggie
Remember to clean out the kitchen - often.

If you go to Sam's club but don't use all of it and toss it - not a good thing.

However, if you really are going to eat that 5 lbs of pine nuts more power to ya!

I suggest cleaning out the kitchen right before a trip - serves many purposes...you know what you have, you have the visual of what you tossed and any sort of preplanning is amazing

I'm huge on coupons too, but they can be a hassle.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:07 AM

Walk a neighbourhood (not your own) with your walkabout phone. When your phone rings, because by chance you share a frequency, answer it and argue with the person on the other end, unless it is a Morman or salesperson, in which case you immediately accept all offers.

You hang up and immediately ring MommyMaggie, asking for all things IKEA related because you're not paying the bill.

Did I mention that retirement's fun?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 06-03-2009, 01:55 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
we are effin broke and doing anything we can to spend less. i need a job, like now. i want to start up a licensed preschool but the reconstruction schedule is making everything impossible to plan. perhaps a night job. yikes. new boobs may need to wait. ah, well. cestpool la vie.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose

Last edited by wyndhy : 06-03-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Awesome on my Own

Mayhem & I've been living frugally for the last 2 1/2 years so it has become pretty much a way of life. We do the usual buy in bulk, grocery sales, veg garden, pack sack lunches and the like. We cloth diaper Baby Mayhem. (cloth has come a long ways from pins & rubber pants) We use cloth napkins & kitchen rags. Plus I make my own laundry soap-8 gallons worth for about $2. Line dry when I can, vent the dryer into the home when it's cold out to save on heating. Summertime around here there are a lot of free community family oriented events like parades & swimming & library reading clubs. We "rent" movies from the library, or do net flix, rather than paying for dish PPV movies. Eventually I will start making our own bar soap, canning & pickling our own veggies, and baking bread. I love 2nd hand shopping, & searching for a good bargain. I'll think of more later but this is all my phone will let me type out.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:41 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Recipe for the laundry soap please???

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Awesome on my Own

I need to tweek the recipe a bit as it is a bit watery, like cut the 3 gallons of hot water requirement at the end and see if the ultra concentrated version works as well...I'll make some either today or tomorrow and report back to ya. ...I wish my phone would let me make the list out with bullet points so that it is easier to read, and that my characters per post are limited, what I will do is post the ingredients and equipment needed in one post and the directions in another.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:50 AM
Awesome on my Own

Ingredients and Equiptment

*1/2 cup Arm & Hammer WASHING soda (not baking soda) *1/2 cup 20 Mule Team borax * 1/2 bar of Fels Naptha laundry soap (grated finely) *4 quarts water *3gallons very hot water *1 large pot *1 long stirrer *1 over 4gallon bucket *1 old cheese grater for the bar soap *1 funnel *Several containers to put completed laundry soap in, but avoid the laundry jugs with spouts, as they tend to clog *a ladle to help spoon the new soap in funnel, or an extra set of hands to help pour it
Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Awesome on my Own

Directions

Heat the 4quarts water, grated bar, borax and washing soda over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soap is melted. Let cool for about an hour. Stir in 3gal hot water. Cool and add to containers. Use 1/2cup full per large load. Has a light lemony scent, but if scent is your thing a splash of essential oil in each batch could be added. The borax, soda, and bar was found in the laundry aisle at my nearest hy-vee grocery store, but wal mart does not carry 2 out of the 3. Also, for me, as the soap was cooking, there were a few fumes that made my eyes water, so good ventilation whilst its on the stove might be a good idea, however afterwards there is no fumes, and my sensitive skin peeps have had no reaction : )~~~< The cost for soda and borax was less than $4 a box, and the bar was less than a $1. So for this recipe I can make 86 gallons for $15, but i am gonna try the ultra concentrated version and let ya know