Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2002, 05:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Back home for a bit

Just got back from a week visiting my parents and I am astraight into pixies, I missed you people.

My Dad is dying of cancer, he has been given about 2 months to live at the most, he had in in the oesophegus had, radiation and it slowed up but now is growing again and has spread to the liver.

He is 83 and has given up just sits there staring into space and hardly eats. My mum was pleased to have me there with her.

I will be back and forth till he passes on so don't be surprised to see me in and out a bit. No internet at their place.

I have managed to get into a few conversations with him though and I am sure Dad appreciates me being there.

Posting this as my Pixies friends are a sort of family too.

cheers

Grumble
Old 03-29-2002, 09:15 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
GG~woke up this morning, hopped onlineand was so happy to see you made it home safe and sound! Sorry to hear about your Dad..... You are surely a help to your Mom right now. It is good you are having an opportunity to talk with him and say all the things you may not have in the past. I too am in the process of dealing with the hardships connected to helping someone pass as comfortably as posible. If you need a shoulder or ear.... So glad you have returned!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 03-29-2002, 09:38 AM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Sorry that you both are dealing with such a difficult situation.
Always willing to lend an ear if needed. Feel free to pm if you like.
I am grateful tho' that you have the opportunity to say "goodbye" or to make peace if necessary with your loved one. My sister-in-law's husband, who had been dealing with an unspecified mental illness for a few years, just committed suicide last month. He never gave his family or himself the chance to do either.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 03-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Pixaholic in rehab Member

Send a message via ICQ to mindboxer505 Send a message via AIM to mindboxer505 Send a message via Yahoo to mindboxer505
damn grumbleguts.......believe me ,,,,i know how you feel........im in the same boat.....my dad in in a nursinghome from having heartstrokes and one heartattack in the past 2 years.....not much of our family is around him and he has given up to....wont eat and is just wanting to die.....unfortunately i am having to wait till june to go see him....when i call him i try to cheer him up with stories about his grandkids but i dont think it does much good...
im still trying to deal with it and the fine folk here in pixies have really helped......and do try lilith's shoulder.....she was instrumental in getting me out of my depressed mood and back here....among my friends....we all will be here for ya.....to let you yell scream cry vent some anger.......anything and anytime dude.....remember.....you're surrounded by friends here.....dont forget that......
Old 03-29-2002, 01:16 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Let me offer my shoulder/ear/whatever to all of you dealing with your impending loss... Grumble, MB, & anyone else, I know... nearly 10 years since I lost my own father (he was 83 also), followed soon after by my only brother, then my mother... just to let you know it will get better, tho you never get over it completely... again, the whole family is here to help any way we can.

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:42 PM

sorry to hear about all of your family's My father has been smoking for ever and is always sick now but is afraid to go to the doctor we all keep trying to tell him that he needs to go but to no avail. once again I'm sorry.
well they're gonna tell you that everything is just dirt
You know that women never really faint and that villains always blink their eyes, ooohhh
And that, you know children are the only ones who blush
and that life is just to die

sweet jane the velvet underground

Old 03-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Oral Freak

Grumble, it's good to have you 'home' again. My heart really goes out to you, Lilith, Mindboxer, and to Scotz too. I'm only young, and I'm lucky enough to have most of my grandparents still alive and reasonably well, as well as my parents, so I haven't had to face what you now do. I have, however, been volunteering as a pet therapy visitor at the nursing home near me for several years, and I've had numerous 'adoptive grandparents' and friends there who have passed away. I'm so glad, for your sake and for the sake of your loved ones, that you are taking time to be with them before they're gone --- too many of the people I've loved in the nursing home have been stranded there without their families visiting. I know that the time spent with someone as they slip slowly away can be torturous, especially near the end, but it's so awfully necessary. Like everyone else who's posted here, if there's anything I can do --- a listening ear, a comforting shoulder, or even a human punching bag for venting frustration --- I'm only too happy to do it, for any of my Pixies' family.

With love to you all,

--- sweetstuff
Old 03-29-2002, 02:33 PM
~Big Tease~

Im so sorry to hear that you guys are going through such hard times atm. Its sad but it seems that you guys are strong and thats what helps the most. IF ANY of you need someone to talk to anytime let me know. HUGS TO EVERYONE
Sar
Old 03-29-2002, 06:23 PM

I'm really bad at this sort of thing normally, and these pg hormones don't help at all.....

{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}
Old 03-29-2002, 09:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Well what can you say

other than thank you all for your caring, kind and thoughtful words.

They are more to me than just words, I gained the sincerity and feeling behind them and I am strengthened and touched beyond belief.

I often joke and make what i think are witty comments about things, but to be on the receiving end of such warmth is an immensely postive eperience.

My thoughts and copmpassion goes out to all the others that have had to endure the stress and sorrow of the illness of a loved one.

My heartfelt thanks to you all

God Bless

Grumble
Old 03-29-2002, 11:53 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Not much i can add here that already hasnt been said....just that my thoughts are with you grumble and if ya ever need a chat give me a yell

*HUGZ*

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!