Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2004, 08:22 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
<=== Energy ===>

I have kid's court today...sometimes when I leave, I feel weighted down by the negativity and bad karma that I am exposed to there. Wondering if you ever have experienced a place like that or had to spend time around people who just give off bad energy? Does it cling to you for the remainder of the day? Is there something you do to rid yourself of the bad vibes?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-27-2004, 08:48 AM

Lilith,

Your involvement in their lives reduces the degree to which those children are deformed. At the end of the day, remind yourself that their lives are better, or at the very least less bad, because of you. You have helped them, and that is virtuous.

While virtue may not always be satisfying, think of the alternative while you clean your psyche with one or more of the offerings from the “Simple Pleasures” thread.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Banned

I've got some negative people in my life and find that talking about it helps. I've also been trying to realize that they're really not worth any energy.

Sometimes you're going to feel weighed down with things but I find taking the dog out for a run is the best cure for clearing my head.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:10 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

I've got negative people in my life and find she keeps talking.

(I'm going to have to get a dog )

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 01-27-2004, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PantyFanatic
(I'm going to have to get a dog )

$5 and he's yours! I'll even accept American currency.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:33 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

LMAO-

You'd fight the third reich alone if you thought they wanted him.

(and WIN!)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 01-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Heil!!
Old 01-27-2004, 12:58 PM
It wasn't me!!!

Send a message via MSN to musketeer
It got like that in my last job and I was self-employed. The negativity bad attitude of the people I was providing a service for ground me down so much I ended having suffering from depression. I didn't realise at the time it was work causing it but once I realised I quit what I was doing and started working elsewhere and things took aturn for the better. I still have my ups and downs but on the whole life is alot better.
if not an escape from life?
Old 01-27-2004, 01:20 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Lately my mailbox has been pissing me off, but today I assaulted the mailman and I feel much better.

You know where else I get down in the dumps? At the grocery store. I always get happy about going shopping until I get there. In general, I'm a happy person who makes the best out of each situation, but some of those grumpy peckerheads pushing you out of their way with their carts are enough to make even a sweet and lovable guy such as myself over the edge. You know what...NO! I'm not gonna excuse you! You want the #$!!%&# mayonaise, you can wait for me to move! And don't even think about chasing me up the aisle and then when I pull over to let you pass...you stop right in front of me and sit there picking your ass & looking for the only kind of salad dressing your prissy ass can tolerate out of a mile of other sweet vidalia onion's ones! Damnit...now my blood sugar is up! I gotta go look at boobs and calm down!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:23 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
i always get real bad karma everytime i go to get my son from his fathers. i dread going there and feel swallowed by the negativity torwards me as soo as i reach the door. i just wish there was a neutral place to get him.

~nikki
Old 01-27-2004, 01:28 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally posted by nikki1979
i just wish there was a neutral place to get him.

~nikki

Is Connecticut near the half way point?

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
I've never been to anything like a Child's Court...... Yet! In my job though, being in people's houses every day and seeing the conditions in which some of them live (sometimes through choice, sometimes not) DOES get me down, some days.

And, it's the kids. Many of our clients have children, usually more than one, and the conditions these kids have to live in almost defy belief. One of my colleagues has EIGHT clients (out of 31 on her caseload) who have one or more of their kids "in care". I only have one, but she's had FOUR children over the years, all of which have now been adopted...... and who knows if they're in a 'better place'?! There's a LOT of other stuff we see, on pretty much a daily basis... too much to really go into here.... suffice to say, it sucks.

As to how I deal with it, well..... occasionally, it's very difficult. Mostly, though, I've reached the stage now, after nearly 17 years doing this, that I can "switch off" when I leave the office and put it out of my mind. Now & again, that's impossible, which is where Team support comes in..... helps ALL of us to put things into perspective, even if just a little bit. The general concensus in MY workplace is, that's how we HAVE to deal with it...... we've all seen those who can't manage to switch off "burn out".... and that's when WE need the help!!

I hope no-one who reads this thinks of me or my colleagues as callous...... it's just the best way we've found so far of dealing with what can often be very traumatic circumstances.

DM
I only own my mind
Old 01-27-2004, 07:32 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
dm383 I understand...and I am dealing with many parents who have mental issues so I understand right where you are coming from.

After sitting for 3 hours for several other serious cases, I had to point out that I believed the defendant in my case was high on crack and inebriated (can't violate his rights)After asked if this was the case and the judge being unable to understand his slurred speech, he was given 20 minutes to do a UA and breathalizer and court was continued.

On a much more positive note...I was getting up from my county commission meeting about the Walmart issue, and when I stood up to leave my skirt (which has long slits up each side) got caught in the new folding chairs. I turned to see what had a hold of me and proceeded to flash my ass to the entire board of county commissioners and the county's attorney

For every dark cloud....

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
I want to know what you're feeling......there are somethings you cant hide....I want to know what you're thinking...

Sorry, energy always makes me think of that song
Old 01-31-2004, 06:29 PM
Scottish Angel

I have a great support network!