Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2006, 03:08 PM
old as dirt

Send a message via Yahoo to JassWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
One of my best friend found God and apparently I am too much of a heathen to associate with now.

I would caution you that you take a serious look at the religion she has found. Is her involvement in it something that you can be supportive of? I have some friends who used to be fun wild swingers and suddenly she became Mormon. While her husband is happy she is happy it has changed their marriage drastically.

This is a real good point, hudguy. I suggest you do some studying to see if she's being lead away from the ugly sins of the flesh in a way that will destroy your future.

I wish I were joking.

I also know (don't ask) how apparently "normal" folk will find any number of excuses to explain their disinterest/dislike of sexuality -- it's always complex, but imo this situation calls for you to carefully examine what's going on and what it really means.

Marriage, as any divorced person will tell you, is a HUGE step and best taken when you know the outcome as well as is possible. Of course some things have to be taken on faith, but Faith can lead people in strange directions to hurt the very people they most love.

(I am by the way a religious person, or so I think.)

Good luck.
JW