Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Personals
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2003, 12:32 AM

Favourite recipes?

G'day all pixieites, my first thread here so here goes.

What are your favourite recipes, both everyday stuff and special occasions.

My common one is a fry up a medium to large onion (diced), and some cubed meat (corned beef, roast beef, chicken or pork), till the onion is soft and just starting to brown, add a can of whole kernel corn, and a can of cream cornstir well, then whisk up 4 to 6 eggs, and add to the mix, when the eggs are almost cooked, add, some tasty cheese, taste remove from the heat and allow the cheese to melt through and stir it in, great for breakfast or as a cold side dish for salads.

For a special summer treat, get a large insulated box that you can make airtight, put a block of dry ice wrapped in a teatowel in it, and fill it with seedless white grapes, tape it shut, and leave it for 2 - 3 days, results in a refreshing "champagne" grape (non-acholic unfortunately).

The box I use is a "broccoli"box here in Oz, a foam box with a lid and no holes.

Have fun.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:43 AM

Sorry I forget to put this in general chat, but try the grapes for some summer fun, great for that tingly feeling, one girlfriend liked to mash them in sensitive places, even behind her knees, reckoned it was like a burst of soda water in feel, and lovely to lick off too!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:54 PM

1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, add 1 can water, boil, add 2 cans White Minute Rice, let sit 5 minutes removed from heat, add butter, salt and pepper. Enjoy! (I sometimes add Ketchup, its actually good)
Old 08-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Just made chicken satay today.Chicken thighs cut into strips and placed on woden skewers and left to marinate in olive oil,garlic,onion,curry powder,corriander and cumin seeds and lime juice,Grill 'em util they're done and dip in Thai Peanut sauce... Coconut milk,peanut butter,(I cheat here) lime juice, brown sugar,soy sauce and a diced jalepino chili for heat. YYYUUUMMM!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 01:25 AM

Come on, surely there's more than just three pixieites who like to cook something special.

Most people have their own twist on some popular recipe, so have a go.

Try this for a marinade, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, a good rich dark honey, a spiced mead (like wine but made from honey), and herbs of your own choice.

Make it a day before you use it, blitz it well, and store it in the fridge till needed, marinade meat for 4 - 24 hours before cooking.

Try it on venison for the Bbq.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Wanting More

I hate to burst your bubbles but there is a huge thread on Pixies recipes somewhere back!

Old 08-04-2003, 07:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Bad_Shrek Send a message via AIM to Bad_Shrek
I love Spagetti Bolognaise!

Fry 2 onions till soft, then add to packets of Minced Steak beef. Stir for 10 mins then add 2 cans of Chopped tomatoes, Beef Stock, Oregano, Chillie powder, Mixed herbs and some spices (Non that are too specific) then heat on a fairly low heat for about 2-3 hours then pour some juice from the spag bol into a saucepan add water and salt. Whack in the spagetti cook for 15 mins then serve!

Viola

Bon Appetite!

p.s. Im at home on my own for a week and there bugger all food left! has anyone got any ideas for a single guy and food? im starting to eat salad Bllluugghhhheee!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Suprise Me

Easy cake-mix cookies

1 Box cake mix - any brand (devils food, lemon & vanilla mix work the best)
1 egg
1 12 oz tub Cool Whip

Mix together - batter will be really sticky and stiff. At this time I fold in one of the following;

If I use the chocolate cake mix, I will add white chips and sometimes nuts.

If I use the lemon, I may add orange sprinkles, or yellow ones.

If I use the vanilla mix, I may add Heath candybar chips, M&M's, or Toffee Bits.

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees

drop a tablespoon ball onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet..... you can fit about 12 cookies on a regular sheet.

Bake at 350 for approximately 10-12 minutes (as oven vary, check at around 8-10 minutes. I don't let the cookies cook completely.. as the continue to cook as they cool.. (we all like a chewy cookie anyway)

Let cookies cool on sheet for only 2 minutes (any longer they may stick) then transfer onto wire baking racks to cool completely.......

(Be prepared to be baking cookies pretty much the whole afternoon with this recipie as it does make quite a few of them)

This recipie was developed at 9 PM the night before when my son told me that he had to bring treats to school the next day - and I didn't have anything to make them out of..

Old 08-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Suprise Me

Easy Chicken Burritoes (serves 6 - but is really good as leftovers)

9x13 cake pan

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 2.5 lbs)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
10 - 8" Flour Tortias
1 pkg (2 cups) grated cheese (cheddar or cobly jack mix)
Picante Sauce (any brand - I use Pace Hot)

Boil the chicken breasts until done.. use fork to pull apart or cut into chunks. Mix a little Picante sauce into the chicken - set aside.

Warm the tortillas in microwave for about 30 seconds or until they can be rolled easy.

Place a couple spoonfulls of chicken/picante into the middle of tortilla lenghtways add shreaded cheese and roll. Place into the 9x13 baking pan.

Continue until all 10 tortillas are filled.... you may not use all 10 depending upon how much chicken mixture you use.

Open up can of Cream of Chicken and put into a bowl.... fill the empty can 1/2 full of warm water and mix into the soup making a thick gravy....

Pour soup mixture over the tortillas in the pan making sure that the centers are covered. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese on the top is melted and soups sauce is bubbling.

Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. I will serve a lettuce salad with this meal and sometimes bean dip. People can add sour cream or Ranch dressing on the top too....

Old 08-04-2003, 03:07 PM

G'day Bad_Shrek, sounds like cheyanne has some good ones for you, if not try getting some thick sliced (1/4" or so) corned beef or roast beef or roast pork, dice it up dice up an onion or two, fry them till the onion is soft, add herbs, then you've got two ways to go.

1) add baked beans in ham sauce, stir on heat till thickened, serve on toast or as a side dish.

2) add several beaten eggs, get it almost till scrambled consistancy, add cramed corn and whole kernel corn, stir through till it thickens slightly, then stir in several handfuls of grated cheese, a tasty cheese goes well, serve the same as rhe first version.

I used to make LARGE pots of these recipes, and they rarely lasred the day when at home, and when I shared it with some cooks in the aussie army they couldn't get enough supplies to make as often as it was requested, and would vanish fast when served (a whole butchers tub full wasn't enough for breakfast people kept coming back for thirds fourths and fifths, the one in the army was the second version.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:22 PM

grilled salmon,, take a fresh salmon about a 4-5 pounder fillet it out , take first fillet season, with salt pepper, pinch of tarrogon,garlic,dill weed, or any spice or herb you care more, top off with alternating slices of lemon and orange(real thin) I like to put one a piece or two smoke bacon on , the top off with second fillet season to you likeing, wrap in foil with clearified butter and grill anyway,, when done simply un roll the foil and slice
Old 08-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Suprise Me

This is an easy one and can be doubled or tripled for a larger family - I reduced it for bad-shrek so it will be easier for him to make.

Cajun Baked Fish

2 unbreaded cod fillets (or your favorite fish - except catfish or salmon - must be a fresh water fish)

Place 2 fillets in a baking dish
put a pat of butter on each fillet (if it slides off it it ok... or you can sprinkle Molly McButter over the top.)

Pour 1/2 cup of milk over the top of the fish (Use skim milk if you are counting calories)

Sprinkle over the fish cajun seasoning - remember this can be spicy so use just the amount that you are comfortable with)

Cover dish with foil
Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes
Uncover - bake at 375 for an additional 10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.

(If you increase fish fillets by 2 add an additional 5 minutes for each 2 you add - example if you use 6 fillets increase original bake time at 300 degrees by 15 minutes.)

This is one way that I get my family to eat fish that is healty and not fried. The purpose of the milk is not only for a moist fillet, but it also takes out the "fishy" taste.

I serve this with asparagus, brocoli, snow peas or any other steamed veggie (with a little crunch) and perhaps a salad.......