User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
Is it time to get up?

are you content?

Old 05-17-2006, 04:53 PM
gurly gurl

I have to agree with being satisfied.......there are definately some things I'd change and NOT do if I could do things over in my life, but my mistakes are what have made me the person I am today. My life is really great right now, I couldn't ask for more.
~~~~~~~
Satisfied
People who score in this range like their lives and feel that things are going well. Of course your life is not perfect, but you feel that things are mostly good. Furthermore, just because you are satisfied does not mean you are complacent. In fact, growth and challenge might be part of the reason you are satisfied. For most people in this high-scoring range, life is enjoyable, and the major domains of life are going well - work or school, family, friends, leisure, and personal development. You can draw motivation from those areas of your life that you are dissatisfied with.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Is it time to get up?

well oddly, dispite having a rather fragile relationship, i am pretty content.

one reason i suspect is i have great faith in most people... i let go of arguments instantly... i see positive things even when things go wrong. It just happens to be the way i am. Having watched the program on TV tonight i can't help realising how lucky i am to be like this.

Of course it may not last! Quote this back to me if everything goes tits-up!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alspals69
... well are you?

alspals69,

Yes sir. I am.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Is it time to get up?

mr jseal sir... i'm pleased to hear it. i want everyone to be happy!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:23 PM
is not this trim anymore!

When I start to feel discontent with my life, I take stock in what I've got and I'm very thankful for the great blessings that have been bestowed upon me.

Do I want more? Absolutely! But not having it doesn't cast a shadow over my true appreciation for what I do have.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:26 PM

WildIrish,

^^^ You got it right there sir! ^^^
Old 05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Truely satisfied? Not a hope in hell!

I wanna go back to school, but cant afford it *L*
I wanna lose weight, but i aint got the willpower nor motivation
I wanna travel overseas, but money again is an issue
I feel like i'm sitting here and life is just passing me by

But do a dislike what i have? Not a chance! I love my kids (generally *LOL*) and i love my Bilbo (generally *LOL*) and i wouldn't swap em for the above chances regardless (generally *LMAO)
Old 05-17-2006, 06:41 PM
~getting by~

pssst....Alasse, come play with us in Pixies Power... that might help with the second thing on the list.

Like Alasse, I'm not satisfied either. I have a lot of wants, but wouldn't trade most of what I have or have done. I just know that there is more that I want out of this life yet... maybe that's part of having something to look forward to? But I know generally I'm not satisfied, but am working on it.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:37 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

For once in my life, I feel as if I am on the edge--but in the most positive way possible. In the last couple of years, I have made *tremendous* strides forward in accepting both myself and my past. I have a job I like (a lot, most days at least), two children I wouldn't trade the world for (even when they're less than perfect), great friends (the kind who accept me for my faults as well as my positive attributes) and a man who both loves and respects me (a combination I'm not sure I've ever had).

Like many others who have already posted, of course there are things I want--materially, emotionally, etc. I think it's almost human nature to strive for something better. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm content in my life as it is now. Happy? Yes. Content? Getting there. Plans have been in the works for nearly a year now, and they're slowly coming to fruition. I can see the future in front of me--and it gives me something I've never had much of: hope.

I'm not exactly sure what will occur once I DO have everything I wish for, but I'm excited about finding out. I'd like to think the inner peace I'm learning to cultivate and the feeling of fulfillment I glimpse more often than not now will become standard features on a daily basis.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 05-17-2006, 08:02 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
…. Instead, they could describe what happiness meant to them in their own words, without relying on already preconceived categories.
And what the opinion poll revealed intriguingly was rather different from what many psychologists tell us about happiness…..

How novel.

We will discuss this OldFart.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Loungin' Around

I'm not taking the quiz.

I'll admit that I tend to think contentment is the enemy of dreaming big and getting better in your life. I *am* pretty content -- I have a husband who loves me, a nice house, a job that is somewhat challenging and rewarding, and I go to one of the best schools in the world for what I do. That's a great life.

Do I want more? Yes. I want to have my own company, and I had a networking meeting about just that today. I want to be more fit, and to lose some weight (thus Pixies Power). I want more time with friends. And I want MORE SEX. LOL

So no, I am not content. But I am very happy, an dI am headed in the "right" direction -- which for me doesn't mean contentment.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
pssst....Alasse, come play with us in Pixies Power... that might help with the second thing on the list.

It wont help....i'm afraid i need a big scary personal trainer who will drag my ass out and make me do it...add to that a personal chef and yep then i'll succeed....but as yet again i cant afford that it aint happening

I've been dieting off and on ALL my life...and i'm sick of it...if i get fat and die..its depressing even thinking about it...so i dont i just live each day as it comes
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 AM

PF

Over a beer at Niagara.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:44 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

...or over Niagara in a beer barrel

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world