Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
it's all just poop on my toothbrush

have you heard that your kitchen sink has more germs than your garbage? that your cutting board is a petri dish of e coli, salmonella, giardiasis, rotavirus, hepatitis and other sundry and fun to pronounce life threatening diseases? that you'd be better off snagging that carrot you jut pared and rinsing in the toilet before you eat it? that 99% off all homes have mold? that every time you flush the potty you spew fecal matter all over your house? that your bed really does have bugs?

do you care?

personally, i am sick and tired or hearing about it. the news bombards me with it. the chemical companies try to scare me with it. the talk shows dramatize it. they show you close-ups of germs and viruses that make them look like an army of amoebas coming with their little cilia (or whatever they are) waving like so many sabers. i’m dizzied by the myriad products out there that are made to disinfect it all. there is one for your kitchen and one for your bathroom and a different one for your food and sponges that “resist” germs and laundry soap that kills bed bugs.

i feel like john stosslel, but c’mon, gimme a break

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 07-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Not there yet.....

wyndhy, you can share your bug with me anytime!!!!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 07-08-2005, 10:29 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I have heard theories that all the antibacterial things we use and pour down our kids throats out of fear of germs and infections is causing us to actually become less immune, there by causing the exact opposite result. Could be bullshit, who knows.

When I heard the thing about if you don't close the lid on the toilet before you flush the germs can fly out like 938425734985392752397523987 feet... I decided I was just doomed and would have to learn to live with it.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-08-2005, 10:39 PM
pixie of the wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I have heard theories that all the antibacterial things we use and pour down our kids throats out of fear of germs and infections is causing us to actually become less immune, there by causing the exact opposite result. Could be bullshit, who knows.

When I heard the thing about if you don't close the lid on the toilet before you flush the germs can fly out like 938425734985392752397523987 feet... I decided I was just doomed and would have to learn to live with it.

i think there is a huge amount of truth in that, lil.
not to mention all the health risks from inhaling bleach and bleach alternatives.
oh yeah...and i just found out that i prolly have teflon in my blood.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 07-08-2005, 10:43 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

OMG...noooooooooooooooooooo

Good thing you are not a bird and not get back up

Did you know plastic wrap puts bits of plastic somethings in our food when we microwave it too?

Tupperwhores can usually tell you the common bugs found in boxesof food in peeps cupboards too. Better buy some fancy $$$ containers to keep the bugaboos out

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-08-2005, 10:45 PM
pixie of the wood

nah...i like a little crunch to stay in my cereal even after the milk makes it soggy

Old 07-08-2005, 11:00 PM

Your toothbrush is for me to POOP ON!

DAM THE MAN!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:03 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

omg *snort* omg

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-08-2005, 11:03 PM
pixie of the wood

triumph!

Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Awesome on my Own

Since my Microbiology courses, i have been a nut about food safety, and bathroom cleanliness. My favorite disinfectant is a solution of 10% bleach/90% water left to air dry on sprayed surfaces. Rather than buying Lysol and other disinfectants, the bleach water is more economically feasible and works just as good or better than Lysol.

I have gotten on Mayhem's nerves every now and again with my "biology thinking" as i tend to get almost obsessive compulsive about cleaning the kitchen and bathroom.

I ALWAYS ALWAYS shut the top lid of the toilet before i flush, as it cuts down on the aerisolization of tiolet water by 75%. That is 75% less poop water on my toothbrush.

i could go on and on, but i know that i tend to get bored with long posts, just remember not all bacteria is bad....if you like it, Eat Your Yogurt!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Awesome on my Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbad
Your toothbrush is for me to POOP ON!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:08 PM
The Resident Drunk

Send a message via AIM to waltaja Send a message via MSN to waltaja Send a message via Yahoo to waltaja
i figure, hell i've lasted 22 years with a poopy toothbrush. i can probably go another 22

"You are like a hurricane. There's calm in your eye. And I'm getting blown away, to somewhere safer where the feeling stays. I want to love you but I'm getting blown away"
-Neil Young, Like a Hurricane-
Old 07-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Banned

I think the antibacterial soaps and the like are helping the bugs of the world get stronger. Superbugs! EEK!

I'm with Lizz & use bleach for most chores.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Lost without a compass.

Send a message via Yahoo to Mercury_Maniac
Turpentine
Old 07-09-2005, 03:13 AM

Family history credits my great-grandmother with the typically depression era attitude of "if you really needed it, they wouldn't have to advertise it." I agree that it holds for a lot of the cleaning products out there, it's classic scare tactics. First they have to teach you that there's a problem you hadn't noticed, then they have to sell you the solution. Marketing, mareketing, alas all is marketing .

I'm a big believer in challenging my imune system. The sickest I ever saw anyone was a friend of mine who had her first bout of flu in her 20s, the year the flu shot her doctor/daddy gave her didn't work. Girl damn near died...I got the same bug, and was back on my feet in a couple of days. Then again, I'm the sort of person who thinks that low grade fevers have a purpose and shouldn't be treated unless they spike. And that the best treatment for most passing illnesses is to turn out the lights and go to sleep until it goes away. Definately not a doctor's daughter .

There's a reason the nastiest new bugs are being found in the cleanest places in our sanitized world....if bugs can breed in hospitals, we have to admit we're not going to win the war. We have to learn to fight the battles that matter, fight smarter not just more and not just everything. Basically, if you're not getting sick...your house is likely clean enough already.