Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Lil ... it does tend to be a mindset change as well as a lifestyle change doesn't it?!?!?

Kaelynn ... glad to have you join the group ... I don't think anyone here has set a starting date to be part of the thread .... we're just glad to have others joining in ... or for those who don't want to join in, but want to add some supportive comments or suggestions, love to have all of those ... so welcome to the thread, looking forward to hearing your thoughts and comments.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:47 PM
~getting by~

Okay, I can officially attest to WW being a success - it's been about a month and the changes I have been making are gradual but they are sticking. Okay, you might argue it's only been a month, but I can honestly say that I have not been this conscious of the choices I make of what to eat .... EVER!

Today at work I was feeling hungry and reached in my drawer to pull out one of the 100 calorie packs of Honey Grahams. I ate the first two and thought - this is not what I want for 100 calories! I sealed them back up with a roll in the pack and a staple and grabbed my apple instead for about 50 calories and ate it.

I'm finding a myriad of other changes too...

I wake up earlier in the morning to ensure that I get my breakfast ate and lunch packed without much of a hassle.

I find an extra spring in my step and my posture better as I'm gaining confidence.

I've started making me 'pretty' and have re-introduced makeup into my life as a daily routine rather than special occassions only.

I'm not trying to cheat the system.

I'm learning to like fruits and vegetables as they are low calorie, low fat, and packed with all the good things I'm supposed to put in my body.

And I think most importantly - I don't feel deprived.

I don't know if it's a direct reflection of WW or not, but I'm also finding I have better control of my emotions. I can't help but think at least on some level eating better is helping this.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:56 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Kaelynn~I definitely second fzzy's thoughts. Welcome!

maddy~I don't know what to say, really. I honestly can say many of the same things as you, although I'm not sure I would've said them quite so elequently. As far as your emotions, yes, that could be a reflection of a more stable blood sugar level, but it sounds to me as if the visual progress you've seen has just stablized your confidence more than anything. Any weight loss program is a lifetime choice--it's a change in lifestyle more so than a deprivation system. Congrats on realizing that so early on and doing those things you need to do for success. ((maddy))

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 02-01-2006, 07:22 PM
~getting by~

Did I mention I have two bags of m&m's that have been on my dining room table for about a month un-opened? I haven't even been tempted to figure out the calories and what a serving is yet. I honestly would never have thought I could have this much control over food.

Thanks for the kindness IAKG.

Oh and... ummm ...

Kaelynn - welcome! I look forward to hearing your progress!
fzzy & Lilith - excellent realizations. We certainly have to think in the moment more often in life.
Aqua - Glad you are sticking to your plan and finding you feel better.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:09 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I went out with the ladies and avoided the temptation of drinks but replaced it with dessert I have no earthly idea how many calories I ate but I know it was ridiculous and now all I feel is bloated and disappointed.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Lil, as I told someone close to me recently, the thought that I'll never have a piece of cake (my particular dessert weakness, when I have it) again for the rest of my life is ridiculous. Diabetes or not, it would take an awfully strong person to totally give up sweets/carbs/whatever for the next 60 years.

Tomorrow is a new day with new possibilities for different choices.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 02-01-2006, 10:19 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

My sugars are still in good shape and I'll get back on track manana!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Made it through another day successfully ... YEA!!! I've not had problems keeping inside of my calorie limits this work week .... I do so much better when my day is structured and I don't have the time watching all of those food commercials and near the food source ... but don't get me wrong, I long for the weekends during the working week!!!

I had to go to the Farmer's Market tonight ... had to get some cards ... one of my best friends birthday is next week and needed to get a b-day card in the mail to her .... the Market has a really great eclectic selection of cards (though they are also a bit on the pricy side - worth it as far as I'm concerned). While I was there, I also got a salad and some low sodium shaved deli turkey - I love their deli turkey and a meal replacement bar in a flavor I haven't seen before ... I totally steered clear of their bakery ... toooooo many treats that I love reside in that area and I knew if I looked at them, I'd be toast (or maybe more appropriate ... I'd be carmel brownie)
Old 02-02-2006, 06:25 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Great job, fzzy, on whipping temptation's ass, so to speak. I am just so proud of everyone who's posted in this thread. Not only has progress been made, but when little "blips" come along, everyone here seems to handle them in an appropriate, positive manner. We rock!

Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 PM

So I have been trying to exercise really hard, yesturday I went on a 2hr walk and did an hour of Taebo, I was so exhausted...

I am so bad with eating breakfast. I find myself sitting here starving, cause I haven't eaten yet today.

Anyone know any suggestions on how to keep yourself eating healthy all day?

Some days life can be shitty , some days life can be outstanding ;
Sometimes you find love , sometimes you find fun ;

Just remember through all these changes you are you, special and unique...

Just a reminder to those who are like me and need it...
Old 02-02-2006, 07:31 PM
~getting by~

My suggestions might be difficult in the life of a student.

To the best of your ability plan ahead and be prepared. Always have a bottle for water with you. Stop at a fountain to fill it up. Keep healthy snacks in your book bag when you head to class or the library. Make an effort to have breakfast. It doesn't take long to eat it and it will kick start your day. Even if it's a bowl of cereal while you are drying your hair. Don't deprive yourself - make good decisions and eat appropriate proportions. And don't punish yourself when you do splurge - just get back to your "routine" asap.

This is my typical weekday routine:

Breakfast - a bowl of Kashi with skim milk. Combined with some water to take my vitamin. When I get to work I'll have something additional - yogurt or a piece of fruit.

Lunch - frozen meal (lean cuisine or smart ones) - I tend to pick these up when they are on sale 5/$10 or buy 2 get 3 free, etc - and any variety of the following: piece of fruit, salad with only 2T of dressing, sugar free pudding, sugar free jello.

Dinner - something that I've prepared in advance. I do my cooking on the weekends for my dinners. But tonight I wasn't in the mood for "that" and made a quick omelet instead.

Snacks - chex mix, fruit, sugar free pudding, sugar free jello, lowfat cottage cheese, smart ones deserts, skinny cow bars, a couple of cookies, etc. I try to keep each snack I have to 150 calories or less (3pts).

Don't eat after 8pm. I think you said you work nights - don't eat more within 3 hours of going to sleep.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:12 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Much better day food wise but the stress is piling up. I need to find some way to relax.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-02-2006, 09:24 PM
~*Geeky Girl*~

Lil, when you figure it out, let me know, because that, I believe, is one of the biggest issues I face.

Went to the gym after work tonight and met with one of the trainers there. I was clued in on that whole mystery "target heart rate range" thing, which is nice, because I now better have an idea about where I should be and what the possible results from staying my range might be. It was another day of eating at my desk, though, and while that forces me to be good and eat one of my Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones/other type of meal, there's not a great deal of relaxation that way.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Way to get the exercise in Kaelynn ... I'm still in the VERY VERY gradually adding movement into my days ... have a long way to go, but when the knees are shot to heck, it is a slow building process ... i do try to do arm type exercises on and off through the work day and stretching exercises ... At work, it's quite a hike to get to the restrooms .... going outside and then around 3 sides of the building to get to them ... before starting my better eating, etc., by the time I'd get to the restroom my back and knees would be aching and I'd be wheezing like crazy ... always prayed that no one else would be in the restroom cause I didn't want to be embarrassed by the heavy breathing ... Now, no aching back and knees and by the time I get into the stall, my breath is fine still ... wooo hoooo!!! (I know, I know, such simple things make me happy!)

Lil ... I wish I had a good stress reliever for you .... they say exercise is good, but since I've never been one to de-stress with exercise ... I wouldn't dare recommend it ...

Maddy, you always share good sensible suggestions for keeping with things, thanks!

Personally, I tend to use up a few extra of my calories at breakfast (during the week) mainly because I don't usually take a lunch break so what I eat is usually something really easy .. quite often it's a meal replacement/protein/ energy bar and then again tend to eat more in the evening, it all ends up being in my goal calorie range, but I'm not sure I'd suggest doing it that way to someone else. I can say that if they work for you, you might want to keep a couple of the energy-type bars in your back pack for those times you run out of energy or get hungry and aren't someplace that would be easy to get a healthy snack/meal. I know one person who puts her lunchtime salad in a zipper plastic bag, some meat in another one and her dressing in another, then she puts the meat and dressing into the bigger bag that her salad is in and shakes it up for an instant salad meal.

IAKG .. thanks, it helps me a lot to know that each night I am going to report about my day ... when i slipped last Friday, it was such a tempting thought not to report it, but I knew that would be a choice that would only lead to further slippage .. even worse then the overeating was ... so I gritted my teeth and admitted it .. mainly having to admit it to myself in writing ... I find it is very helpful for me. I'm also glad though that everyone in the thread deals in a positive way with those choices here and there that they wish were different. thanks guys!!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 05:43 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

By being honest here we are actually just being honest with ourselves. ((hugs))

~>My Scribbles<~