Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Everybody Stretch!

真We're Having A Heat Wave...A Tropical Heat Wave...Literally真

This past week's thermometer has fluctuated so drastically...I'm gittin freaked!

The Farmer's Almanac said January will be more like "Januly"...but I am used to sub-zero climate by now. I've never gone by the "almanac" and yet it seems they are on to something this year.

YIKES! I'm sceeeeered!

If it went from 7f a month ago...to 16f a week ago...to 39f this morning...to 59f right this minute...and is going back to 17f by Sunday, with a wind chill factor of 7f...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I'm cumming...er...coming or going!

How's your weather?

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Rainy, cloudy, foggy and/or gloomy... it doesn't snow here, doesn't get cold enough unless the sky is clear. The extremes for the low and high during the next 7 days is forecast to be 34-63.

Did that make sense?

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 01-13-2005, 07:12 PM

weather here ?

cold here in the UK, gale force winds, freezing at night, just makes me wana cuddle up a bit closer

Old 01-13-2005, 07:14 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
we're in pa, too and today was awesome!...we got to go to the playground :jump:

the craziness doesn't bother me...just goin' with the flow

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-13-2005, 08:29 PM
~getting by~

It's been crazy here as well... In North Texas we have seen 40-50 degree shifts in weather every 4-5 days. I'm not coping well with it being 70 one day and 30 the next. We are supposed to have highs in the 50's the next ten days, and I'm looking forward to it.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to campingboy
Clear. Local blowing snow in open areas early this evening. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 this evening. Low minus 32. Extreme wind chill minus 46.

Those temps are in C, but at that temp it does not make much of a difference - it is just cold.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Oh, 71F for the high Thursday-by Friday afternoon, the expected temperature will be in the mid-30F.

Everywhere I've lived, I've heard the phrase "If you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes. It will change".

Around DC it's true.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:36 AM
Everybody Stretch!

We've got rain...we've got wind (possible tornado strength even)...we've even got some out-of-season thunder and lightening...and we've got cold coming just behind this storm, so it might all freeze! Eeeeek!

Munch? I'm ready for that cuddle!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Missing the Angels

South Dakota is not as cold as where Campingboy is, but it's pretty dang cold right now. It's -9 with a high expected today of -6, woohoo. Overnight low tonight -22. Of course I did'nt factor in the dam wind chill so add 30 or 40 to those numbers. I don't mind actuall temp, but I really hate the wind. Least we did'nt get the snow we were supose to so the wind can't make ground blizzards. Is it May yet??
Old 01-15-2005, 03:02 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Went from temps in the 70's here thurs to below freezing tonight...& to top it all off, somehow a gas main got busted on the southwest side of town, & some may not get gas service back for the whole weekend...luckily I'm not in the affected area, I'd be totally screwed...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

We had a high of 63f on Wednesday, with thunderstorms and a flood warning. The flood warning ended at noon on Thursday and we then had a severe winter storm advisery start. Thursday afternoon we had around 3 inchs of snow and the temp dropped to 9f overnight and everything froze. As the water went down you could see ice rings around trees and poles, some of them a couple of feet of the ground. And we are sending that your way so have fun.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Jimminy Crickets!

It's 3f here this morning...with a wind chill factor of -6f...and I know it's colder elsewhere in the states.

Ohhhhhhhhh...I can't help but turn my thoughts to the homeless people in our state...or anywhere for that matter...in times like these! We are on a high alert to check on our elderly neighbors, and the authorities are trying to get all the homeless into shelters. We don't have any homeless around my neighborhood. It seems to be prevalent nearer the larger cities like Philadelphia and Allentown. It's so sad to watch the news and see a homeless man refusing help or refusing to be taken to a shelter...but preferring to sit on the air vents for the restaurants...on the sidewalks of the city.

It's hard to even believe that in this day and age...and considering where we live (the USA), that there are still homeless people!!!??? I wish this human condition could somehow be eradicated. It's hard to sit here, in the warmth of my own home, and not feel helpless and sad about it. Habitat for Humanity is my own personal saving grace. I know the good that they are doing to help the homeless and those who cannot afford proper housing. It's all I can do, from my little part of the world right now. Donate funds and time...and hope and wish we could house the world!

Well...as usual...I've digressed. Keep warm everyone (in the cold areas)...and check on those friends and neighbors that might need assistance!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Mama Mia!

It was in the low seventies a week and a half ago, and this morning it's 10 damn degrees. I have every heater in the house going and it's still chilly in here.

{{{{Lixy}}}} I know it gets a lot colder in PA than in TN, so just pull someone up for a cuddle and stay inside as much as possible

It's a BOY!!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:44 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie7788
It was in the low seventies a week and a half ago, and this morning it's 10 damn degrees. I have every heater in the house going and it's still chilly in here.

{{{{Lixy}}}} I know it gets a lot colder in PA than in TN, so just pull someone up for a cuddle and stay inside as much as possible

(((cherry)))...TY hun! Soon as Mr. Lixy gets home...that's just what I'll do.

Speaking of which...POOR POOR Mr. Lixy! He works outside and believe me...when he gets home...we cuddle!

Also, I just heard that we aren't as bad off as some around the states. In Duluth, Mn it was -54f just a few days ago. Today it's said they are actually having a heat wave of -1f! Holy shit!

Keep warm (((cherry)))!!!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 01-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Weedscreamer

It was 61 here yesterday, and supposed to get up to 65 by Friday. The Rio Grande is starting to look like the Rio Mud Flats, again.