Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to lazaruslong Send a message via Yahoo to lazaruslong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne
Besides that - it is getting in the way of my fucking!!!!!!!!!!

/me likes fucking
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide in broadside , thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- What a Ride!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:24 PM
is not this trim anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Your attitude is something that would be welcome by most smokers, WildIrish, and is one that would perhaps allow us to deal with a matter we are much less pleased about ourselves.

Those that know me understand that I'm all about sharing this world with others, and that the only way that's going to work is if we all respect each other.

We can agree on a global topic like homelessness and disagree on what to do about it while still being respectul of each other, can't we? Well, actually in the real world, no...we can't, and it saddens me. If we could, we'd have the problem damn near solved.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose
...... banning smoking in some areas like they were talking about banning people from smoking in cars here when there was kids in the car (another dumb arse do gooders bright idead)

As it should be too!

...i never smoked in the car when my kids were in it..........they had to be in the car...i put em there but i have no right put them in harms way or subject them to my filthy habit

I stinks....it makes me car sick and i was a smoker....i dread to think what it smells and feels like to a person thats never smoked...

Second hand smoke IS dangerous
Old 10-10-2005, 02:06 PM
~getting by~

I hate to dwell on the original point of the thread, but it was ... smoking bans are harmful to the health of smokers - the inability to smoke freely wherever and whenever makes smokers into chain smokers.

Last time I tried to get back to this point, Lixy added her thoughts about how she smokes during her three breaks in her workday - a cigarette in 5 minutes (2 during 10 minute breaks, and 3 during the 15 minute). All that adds up to 7 during her workday which seems to be quite long as of late. wanderingsoul made the point that since he was subjected to the ban at OSU, now that he is out of the environment he continues to chain smoke. If this were in fact the case, one could surmize (maybe not accurately) that during Lixy's non-working hours she's smoking 12 cigarettes an hour. If that is in fact the case, we need to desperately re-consider these bans and the impact they are having on the health of smokers.

Again, in my naive little world, I believe this isn't the case for all smokers. Can we all agree (maybe?) that the smoking bans that are in place are causing an improved environment for ALL people? I feel like I'm stretching to get agreement in this thread, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Last edited by maddy : 10-10-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:36 PM
is not this trim anymore!

/me peeks under your blouse while you stretch.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Mrs FussyPucker

WildIrish, I thought I was the only one who gets bugged by that!!!!!! So glad to find I'm not alone.

Moose, I have to agree with Alasse, I don't see that a parent has the right to put their child's health in danger. As a child I developed asthma when my step father (a smoker) moved into our house. It magically went away again after leaving University (where I lived with lots of smokers) and moving into my own house.

Maddy, amen sister, you've definitely got agreement from me. You're absolutely right.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 10-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
My general stance on smoking is that it's a bizarre and quite revolting habit and I've noticed that smokers are generally less environmentally and socially conscious people. For example, I'm sure the majority of people here would not dream of dropping a coke can in the street, but how many smokers will happily drop a cigarette stubb on the pavement? It seems to be completely acceptible behaviour. I've even seen my house guests and neighbours drop cigarette butts on my door step or into my flower beds in full view of me, as though it doesn't count as littering!!!!! And then they wonder why I think smokers are disgusting!

Anti-social behaviour like that does nothing to help improve my view of smokers. Smokers want respect and consideration? Then it's about time they tried to show some REAL consideration to others! Smoking outside and then tossing your butt into the street is not my definition of consideration.

Geezzzzzz......I've NEVER been that slovenly! First off...I NEVER discard anything that isn't biodegradable! Sure, I'll toss an apple core into the woods as I drive down the street or something of that nature. But I never toss anything that I know won't biodegrade!

I don't know who your friends are but ewwwwwwwww! I've never met anyone like those you say would put a cig butt in your flower bed! I've had humongous parties here and on clean-up had to pick up maybe 5 cig. butts...total! I'm betting those were the friends that ended up passing out on the lawn...lol! But then, my friends know me and know that I am environmentally friendly...and seek out the recycling bins and ashtrays when they visit...cause I provide them for them!!!!

I will never advocate disposing of a cigarette butt! Matter of fact, where I work there is a private club across the street and they use our parking lot after hours for their overflow parking. Every morning, like clockwork, I go around picking up the butts on the ground from the patronage the night before. If I left them there, no one else would ever pick them up but just complain when our smoking privledges are taken away. I know it's from the patrons of the club and not our employees because "I AM THE KEEPER OF THE BUTT CAN"! If I spy an inflection in keeping the grounds where we break clean...I'll call them on it. Once, a new guy at the job came back from break after I had gone in. Someone came and told me he put a lit butt in the butt can. LMAO at the tattletale, I knew it would have to be my responsibility to set the newbie straight. I went to his work area, introduced myself, shook his hand and asked him to please follow me. I explained as we walked that if he put lit butts in the butt can provided that it would catch fire and our smoking privledges would be under scrutiny. We walked to the sink, got a pitcher of water, and started to the door. I told him it was either this or he'd have to piss in the tiny hole to which he put his butt in. He laughed, appologized and put the lit cig. out!

If I am arriving at a store, of which I can still smoke outside as I near the establishment as far as I know, I check to see if they have a place to put out cigs. Most do but some don't and I'll never understand that! We don't smoke in the store...duh! Don't they think that of everyone who comes to their store there just might be a few smokers who will outen (<---Pa. Dutch slang) their butts in front of the store? Provide a place to dispose of the butts for crying out loud!

If smoking is banned inside establishments...or even in homes and private clubs, etc....but we still have the right to smoke outside...how's about giving us a place to outen our butts?

Or...would you all just prefer that we move to our own island?

Geezzzzzzz...I hate being stereotyped!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-10-2005, 04:25 PM
~getting by~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick

I'm not suggesting the island as a solution, but it could have it's advantages, don't you think? Enough so that I might consider pretending to smoke
Old 10-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
I'm sorry you took offense to my statements, Lixy. I indicated it was a matter of being courteous. If you are...then I'm not talking to you.

In my saner moments...when I don't feel like I have to be on the defensive for all I know who are smokers and like me...I know that! I do know that about you babe!

To all reading all my posts here...this is a REALLY REALLY touchy subject that I hate even having to try and defend! I sat here yesterday trying to put myself in the quitter/non-smoker's shoes. I tried to think from your side of the fence. I get it...I swear I do...SMOKING IS DISGUSTING AND YOU ALL HATE IT! Ever try to put yourself in my shoes? Ever wonder why such a strong person like Lixy (I'm hoping you all might think I have some inner strength) won't quit?

I won't go into that banter again...I'll just reiterate that we (smoker's) have been dumped on from every angle and it's really starting to piss us off. If you push someone long enough to bend to your will and they are resistant but give till the fairness runs out...are we sure there won't be some kind of revolt?

The cigarette comapanies have admitted to making us all the more addicted with additives. Can't some of you brainiacks (word?...and someone check that spelling before I admit into the Lixtionary...lol!) figure out a way to undo what the cig companies have done to us???? My friends daughter is a biochemist and I've begged her for a cure! She giggles at me because she understands the addiction even though she doesn't smoke. She knows what the cigarette comapanies have done. She chides me and says shes working on it. Gotta love her! Who knows...she is smarter than smart itself and she might be serious...but who can tell fore when she talks I just look at her like a deer in the headlights trying to follow her conversations on chemicals and their interaction with the body when introduced by outside blah, blah, blah and such...lmfao!

Yes Loulabelle...I blame the cigarette companies! If the warning labels back when I started smoking had said, "We want you to smoke and you'll love it for a while but soon you'll be addicted and it'll be the worst addiction you'll ever have in your life...this is our promise because we are fucking with the additives to make sure we will keep that promise to you"...I'd have never started! That's why I never tried heroin. I saw the warnings and the awful addiction in my brother and I never dabbled, even once, cause I KNEW I would get addicted to it and end up like him. Cigarettes grab you slower...and nearly never let you go! Why would I chose this if I knew? It's not a disgusting habit. Yes, it's disgusting...but it's an addiction...NOT A HABIT! Biting my nails was a habit!

Oh Gawd...this is exhausting and I need a cig!

Lixy OUT!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
I'm not suggesting the island as a solution, but it could have it's advantages, don't you think? Enough so that I might consider pretending to smoke

*giggle*

I'm askeered of hurricanes!

Maddy, I'm sorry for making you think that I don't understand your point[s]. I promise I do take heed to all words spoken on this subject.

I really hate having to try and defend smokers. I just feel that there will always be this controversy and I am on the shittiest end of this particular stick and I can't go down without trying to make others see it from my side too!

Make sense?

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-10-2005, 05:12 PM
~getting by~

Oh, I see your point... I learned long ago that I won't force a smoker to give up their cigarettes so long as they don't make me give up carbs and chocolate. I just ask that people not do it in my immediate presence and are considerate in public - which you clearly have stated you are. I have plenty of friends that choose to smoke. I choose them as my friends. I don't mind them smoking in my presence and of course would prefer they didn't have the habit/addiction but that's their's to own, not mine.

I would never claim to have been on the forefront of the bans that are in place, but I don't complain about them being in place either.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
Geezzzzzz......I've NEVER been that slovenly! First off...I NEVER discard anything that isn't biodegradable! Sure, I'll toss an apple core into the woods as I drive down the street or something of that nature. But I never toss anything that I know won't biodegrade!

I don't know who your friends are but ewwwwwwwww! I've never met anyone like those you say would put a cig butt in your flower bed! I've had humongous parties here and on clean-up had to pick up maybe 5 cig. butts...total! I'm betting those were the friends that ended up passing out on the lawn...lol! But then, my friends know me and know that I am environmentally friendly...and seek out the recycling bins and ashtrays when they visit...cause I provide them for them!!!!

I will never advocate disposing of a cigarette butt! Matter of fact, where I work there is a private club across the street and they use our parking lot after hours for their overflow parking. Every morning, like clockwork, I go around picking up the butts on the ground from the patronage the night before. If I left them there, no one else would ever pick them up but just complain when our smoking privledges are taken away. I know it's from the patrons of the club and not our employees because "I AM THE KEEPER OF THE BUTT CAN"! If I spy an inflection in keeping the grounds where we break clean...I'll call them on it. Once, a new guy at the job came back from break after I had gone in. Someone came and told me he put a lit butt in the butt can. LMAO at the tattletale, I knew it would have to be my responsibility to set the newbie straight. I went to his work area, introduced myself, shook his hand and asked him to please follow me. I explained as we walked that if he put lit butts in the butt can provided that it would catch fire and our smoking privledges would be under scrutiny. We walked to the sink, got a pitcher of water, and started to the door. I told him it was either this or he'd have to piss in the tiny hole to which he put his butt in. He laughed, appologized and put the lit cig. out!

If I am arriving at a store, of which I can still smoke outside as I near the establishment as far as I know, I check to see if they have a place to put out cigs. Most do but some don't and I'll never understand that! We don't smoke in the store...duh! Don't they think that of everyone who comes to their store there just might be a few smokers who will outen (<---Pa. Dutch slang) their butts in front of the store? Provide a place to dispose of the butts for crying out loud!

If smoking is banned inside establishments...or even in homes and private clubs, etc....but we still have the right to smoke outside...how's about giving us a place to outen our butts?

Here's the above post as seen through 'Aqua Vision'...

I don't know who your friends are but ewwwwwwwww! I've never met anyone like those you say would put a cig
butt in your flower bed! I've had humongous parties here and on clean-up had to pick up maybe 5 cig. butts...total! I'm betting those were the friends that ended up passing out on the lawn...lol! But then, my friends know me and know that I am environmentally friendly...and seek out the recycling bins and ashtrays when they visit...cause I provide them for them!!!!

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 10-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
The other day my son and i were eating our lunch along with quite a few others in a non smoking area outside the doors of the shopping centre...a smoker came and stood right under the sign and smoked his cigarette...his smoke blowing over all trying to eat...then when he finished he flicked his damn butt onto the ground and walked off.....about 10 meters away was a smoking section complete with ashtrays
(It is not permitted to smoke within 10 meters of the centres main doors...because without a word of a lie...it was like walking through a damn smoke haze to get into the place...so the Centre was trying to keep ALL happy)

By the amount of butts i see walking into the center...not many use the ashtrays provided...nor care much about the non smoking areas
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to lazaruslong Send a message via Yahoo to lazaruslong
Just do away with the damned things and everything will be so much better.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide in broadside , thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- What a Ride!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:50 PM
mystic spirit

Send a message via AIM to wanderingsoul
well once again, I am apart from the ordinary. I am the most earth friendly person I've ever met and I happen to be a smoker as well. I was more disgusted than any other time in my life when I visited OSU campus.

Not only do they have the balls to outlaw smoking everywhere but there's only an ashtray like every 3 blocks!!! Not seriously but all of the smokers I talked to were as disgusted as I am by the lack of cigarette butt recepticles. It's not a choice there, what are we supposed to do stick them in our pockets and throw them away when you get home making your door smell like cigarettes anyway!?!?!

Us smokers have been giving and paying out the ass, all I'm asking is for nonsmokers to be willing to give a little as well.