Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 11:29 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Hiring Help

I have never wanted, needed, or had the funds to afford to hire some help with the weekly/bi-weekly chores such as dusting, sweeping, scrubbing etc. Now I face the need so I am wondering what to look for in a person who will be asked to take care of the things I can't. Should I go with a cleaning service with a nationally known brand name or look for someone locally who is an independent contractor?

Has anyone had any experience hiring someone or having had someone do this sort of service in your home? Is anyone here a house keeper/ janitor/ cleaner and can give me insight on what to look for, or expect?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-30-2006, 11:38 AM
gurly gurl

I've never had this done, but I have several friends who have it done on a weekly basis. A friend of mine made perfect sense when she said she works all week so why should she spend all weekend cleaning. She has this person do the major cleaning that takes more time. I believe she uses a small local company.

Before when I was working we considered it, but never happened.

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
A company (small or large) would be your best bet....you then have a 'someone' other than the individual cleaner to complain to if you are not happy with their service....stipulate exactly what chores you want done and when...and work out the price

Any person you are hiring....honesty is the biggest requirement...specially a cleaner who will be in and around places normal work contractors would not be
Old 04-30-2006, 05:51 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that I will call a few places to see what their procedures are for hiring and getting bonded and insured.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-01-2006, 02:20 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
how about the kid of family friends or a neighbor?

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 05-01-2006, 03:24 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

So far I don't know of anyone in my neighborhood etc who could do it but I will search that avenue too!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Just a word of warning hiring friends or family....if it doesnt go well it can cause problems

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Carpe diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharni
Just a word of warning hiring friends or family....if it doesnt go well it can cause problems

True...and you will have to explain the dungeon.

Of course with a cleaning company, you may encounter some converts.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:20 PM

We tried an independent contractor and she did "okay" for a while, but had to be told EVERYTHING, in excrutiating detail. We switched to a national company, Merry Maids, which is a division of ServiceMaster, who is a major provider of commercial janitorial services, and they clean the bank where I work. They seem to work out a lot better because they usually send two of them and they check up on each other and the area supervisor pops in on them on occasion.

On the other hand, my parents have used the same independent lady to clean their house for more than 20 years and she has become more like one of the family than anything else.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:09 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Larger companies have a good support network. There are more supervisors and more cleaners available so it's less likely that your house would go unserviced due to illness. Unfortunately, larger companies can be less selective in their hiring practices than a small, independent service. Smaller companies have more interpersonal service but you run the risk of getting a dope that thinks "anyone can clean a house". I've only had exposure to corporate janitorial service but one thing that is applicable to both is: CHECK REFERENCES!!!!! Very important. Check the company and then tell them you'd like to meet the person who'd be cleaning your house, and that you require references from them as well.

I'd do it, but I work nude.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:17 PM

I started out letting a friend do it....that sucked because she turned lazy and wouldn't do things quite the way I asked no matter how many times I reminded her... she even had the nerve to call me anal. Next I tried a local small company...I noticed I sometimes couldn't 'find' things. At first I thought I had misplaced them but to date they still haven't showed up. I ended up going with a larger bonded company...that way if anything ever gets 'lost' or broken they will replace it. Plus they do drug testing and back ground checks. Anyway, good luck on your search.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:36 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Thanks for great input. I hope to get the process started as soon as school lets out.

~>My Scribbles<~