Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 12:46 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Fund Raising

I'm going to be trying to raise some funds at work for a special event. I do not want to use any of the corporate fund raisers. I was trying to think of something peeps need/want at work or during their work day that we could make to sell. I know we coulddo a bake sale etc. But I was just trying to be innovative. Can you think of what types of things you'd be willing to buy during your regular work day?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
not just for breakfast

There is nothing better than coffee during the work day.

Maybe you could get your local grocery store of Duncan doughnuts or bob forbid SB's to donate the beans and you brew it up fresh. It only costs pennies per cups/lids and I bet you could sell a bunch!

Good luck!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

We could indeed do a coffee cart. I like that idea.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Call me FWM :)

I agree, a coffee, cake & soft drinks cart would probably do very well. A couple of ladies in the office I used to work in did this for a fundraiser, dressed up in short waitress outfits, lots of leg and cleavage showing, and they were much appreciated by all They had a lot of fun and raised a fair bit of cash as they did the rounds, too
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 PM
arOusal art!st!

Send a message via AIM to Salacious Send a message via Yahoo to Salacious
Knock a nickel off if they provide their own cup for filling. You want to be green and ecologically responsible.

Variety is the soul of pleasure. ~ Aphra Behn

Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Shredding .... maybe the local Walmart would be willing to donate a few delux shredders, and the kids could do flyers or such and set up a booth where people can bring their items for shredding ... Maybe charge $X per minute or $Y per pound of paper that will be shredded ...

I'd pay for that ... even if I had a shredder at home (which I've never gotten around to getting), it's a tedious job and if people know they can bring a bunch of labels, mail, etc. to be shredded, I bet they not only would pay, but many might even be generous in how they pay and/or tip.

On the other hand, I might be really an odd duck (I'm sure there's really no "might" about that)!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Huggable!

Have fresh flowers that employees can buy for thier own desk......

Quick call to Stop & Shop found carnations and mums range in price from .45 to .70 a stem, depending on size. You might get a better price if you ask. Or depending on the home gardens of those involved use what they have.

OR they can buy them to give to a co-worker. We found this goes over big. Make up little cards on the computer that say: Have a nice day. --From your secret admirer. -- Your doing great on that job. -- Guess who. -- Smile....etc The person can chose to sign them or not. Sell a flower with card and delivery (within same office building only) for $1.00 a stem. It's easier to sell them all in one round, and then deliver all at once. Rather then running after each sale. Write who it's to, office #, etc on back of card.

Good luck.

Last edited by Teddy Bear : 09-29-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Slut Lolver

There are two things that always sell and that is food and sex.
Since this is an office project Sex is out. Nuts are always good at parties so put some on your Coffee Cart.

Some people will buy anything if it's for a good cause.

Real swingers meet here. Free Membership

"Share your Wife so other men can enjoy her too"
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Awesome on my Own

How about seeing if you could find a massage therapist to donate a few full massages/spa treatments to raffle off, but during one day of the sales of raffle tix they could be there to give a "teaser" massage of hands and wrists if the person buys $5-$10 worth of raffle tickets. Office personnel who are at keyboards would love this, I think.

Halloween pranks common where you live? Offer people "Halloween insurance" where in the days following Halloween, you and some helpers clean up egg, pumpkins, toilet paper mess, but safety hazards of broken glass or dead animals/road kill are excuded. In high school we did this for teachers and townsfolk alike. Nov 1st through about the 4th we did the clean up. I think small houses/lots were $15, medium were $20 and Large were $25. Cars were $5. My senior year, the principal's house had the entire front yard full of smashed pumpkins, tp, and rotten eggs. It took 5 of us from the end of school to nearly 7ish to clean, wash egg off the house/windows and bag everything, but it was $25 into the class fund and it was a good time.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Yankee in Dixie

Not everyone drinks coffee, so if you decide to do the coffee cart I'd have some tea on there. Regular and a few of the more popular herbals. Maybe some cider? Especially with it starting to cool off a bit.
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 10-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Married Couple

Is there any kind of entertainment near where you live? (i.e. music shows, amusment parks, resturants, etc.) Not to give away where we live, but Branson, MO, is within driving distance for us. I helped with a benefit a few years ago and contacted several of the business up there. Many of the food establishments were willing to give, but the ones like "Dixie Stampede" and "The Jim Stafford Show" only gave to those that had tax ID numbers. If your business does, it might be something to look into. You could then raffle, or auction, them off. People are willing to give if there is a chance they could win something. And if it's some place that they really like to go to, they are willing to bid higher than they usually would. We even had donated items that people bid on. We raised a couple thousand dollars and we are a very small community. Just a suggestion.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

All great ideas. I think a raffle would be do-able and I have a massage therapist.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Yankee in Dixie

Could I borrow said massage therapist? I think I slept funny this morning (woke up and went back to sleep) because my back has been hurting all day. Anywho, other than the therapist, any ideas on what to raffle? Could get some coffee mugs......
"BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Will he offer me his mouth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his teeth? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his jaws? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes. GIRL: Again, will he offer me his hunger? BOY: Yes! GIRL: Yes. BOY: On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses? GIRL: Yes. BOY: I bet you say that to all the boys!" -Meatloaf
Old 10-03-2008, 10:43 PM

Chocolates, especially if you can mould them with a school logo or as the school mascot.

Mixed candy bags.

Sex vouchers for the Xmas Party?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtWithMe
I agree, a coffee, cake & soft drinks cart would probably do very well. A couple of ladies in the office I used to work in did this for a fundraiser, dressed up in short waitress outfits, lots of leg and cleavage showing, and they were much appreciated by all They had a lot of fun and raised a fair bit of cash as they did the rounds, too

I like that idea!

And the coffee and cakes sounded good, too.