Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2004, 11:03 PM

Gay Marriage Question?

Here is a discussion I was kicking around in chat this morning and I wanted to get a larger opinion on the subject.

If a man and a women get married under the laws of a state where a gay marriage is illegal, and then one or the other gets a sex change is their marriage still legal?

I am feeling a little velklempt *cough* Pass it around a little and discuss *LOL*
Old 05-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Multi-Sexual

I don't think I'd ever thought about it, but I would presume that yes, they'd still be married. They were both born opposite sex, and married as opposite sex. What happens from there is no business of the state, I would think.

We live in Michigan, where same-sex is still outlawed. A week ago, an older women came to the door, and wanted me to sign a petition stating that I, as a citizen of Michigan, am oposed to same-sex marriage. She further stated that while it is currently illegal, we should be protected from some "radical" judge, such as the one in California.

I told her I had no interest in signing such a petition, and further stated that if she and I were allowed to be happily married to a partner we love, who exactly are we to tell others they can't do the same.

I told my friends about it later that night, and one said that I should have told her I didn't want to sign it, but to hold on while I go and ask my girlfriend if she wants to.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Serious Member

Would the State even recognise the new sex of the the person?

If not - then they would consider the couple still married.

Is that a Catch 22?

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Learning to talk sexy

One of those legal issues.... I don't know the answer, but I do know that many who go through sex change operations, have to go through a legal process in order to change various things like the sex listed on their driver's license and even amending their birth certificate.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Just me.

Went out to web.ask.com ("ask Jeeves") and there are a variety of answers to the question. Not entirely clear how many are legally binding except within the framework of churches and how they have elected to deal with this issue.

The question I asked was: "Is a marriage valid in the US after a sex change?"
Old 05-29-2004, 08:48 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Currently a family is seeking to legally change the legal sex of a person who was murdered. The person lived as a woman but was legally a male. This is the first case of trying to have a legal sex change posthumously.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Now that is INTERESTING Lil!!! Love to hear how that turns out (knowing the legal system, it should be a few years before they get an answer, but still a fascinating story).
Old 05-30-2004, 09:12 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Well, the state of Virginia hasn't voided the legal marriage of a couple friends of mine, the original male partner of which underwent a transition to female.

So, in at least one case, the answer is "yes".
Old 05-31-2004, 05:20 PM

But the thing is, sex change operations aren't really sex changes.

Sure you can get your dick cut off and have a hole scooped in there but you'll still be a man (minus you're penis and balls) . Your DNA and every one of the trillions and trillions of cells in your body will always contain the XY chromosomes if you're a man or XX if you're a woman.

Not being phobic but you shouldn't be allowed to change your sex on you're certificate unless a genuin clerical error has been made.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:48 PM

Donkey x - - - If you accept your statement then a person who changes their sex can never get married to the same sex he/she was originally and the one sex type they so want to be married to? (may be?)

Is it then against the law to get married if you are a sex change recipient that wants to marry your original sex? I have no clue? But if it weren’t true, then what would keep a gay couple from just lying and changing one of their legal sex types (no operation) on some sort of form?

What sort of proof do you need to change your sex on your driver’s license? A doctors note, cause shit anyone can print one of those up.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:08 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Some people have more than 2~ XYX I believe...what sex are they????

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas