Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2004, 07:23 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Scent~imental Value

Do you remember what perfume/cologne your mom/dad used to wear? I was thinking about this because of Mother's Day coming up this Sunday.

I can remember buying her these gallon size Jean Nate' bottles, and her wearing White Shoulders and Charlie.

My dad always got British Sterling, English Leather or Old Spice. He was a firefighter and either of the 3 would have probably made him combustible

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-04-2004, 07:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to huntersgirl
OMG!!! I hadn't thought of those scents in a long time! Looks like our parents liked the same things, Lilith!

My Grandmother wore Channel #5 and then some lavender fragrance that I don't know the name of.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Never say never, but if you do it's okay to change your mind~me, I think
Old 05-04-2004, 07:36 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Re: Scent~imental Value

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
.... He was a firefighter and either of the 3 would have probably made him combustible

LMAO

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-04-2004, 07:38 AM
Banned

My mother used to wear Chanel No. 5 until me and my sister convinced our little brother to drink some. What brats!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:42 AM
1 of 8,029,150,258

What a shock. ------^

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Banned

And what a shock that you replied! Back in the box, PF!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Not there yet.....

Didn't really pay attention to parents cologne's...

I do remember kneeling down in church as a kid and an old lady going to communion was standing in the aisle next to me. I remember thinking that her perfume was strong enough to knock a guy out!!

The next thing I remember is that I was laying on the sidewalk outside and people standing over me fanning me...

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 05-04-2004, 08:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation

To this day,Brut for men,makes my wife think of skunks.Years ago,
we had a dog,that continually tangled with skunks.Until we could
give him a bath in tomatoe juice,we used to soak him in Brut.Many
of my relatives,gave it to me as presents(Christmas,B-Days,etc)so I always had an abundance! Irish
Old 05-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Multi-Sexual

My dad doesn't wear anything, and my step mom can only wear chanel 5, though she hardly ever wears that, either. She has extremly sensitive skin, and almost everything makeup wise makes her break out in hives.

My mom wears about 15 different kinds, all the time.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
OMG... Jean Nate, I'd forgotten about that one. But ewwww, White Shoulders, I can almost taste the stuff. My mother must have swam in it. I've always hated it. A few years ago, a friend gave me a bottle as a gift (not knowing how I hate it), and I had to laugh, but I NEVER opened it.

I had a boyfriend in high school who wore Brut. To this day I hate the stuff. I'd go out with him and my whole closet would reek of it for the next week. Didn't anyone know the meaning of the word "subtle"?

I've tried very hard to find a fragrance that is uniquely my own and that doesn't gag anyone.... lol

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 05-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Keeping warm

mom is crazy about chantily and white diamonds

dad wears mountain frost from bath and body or santa fe
Old 05-04-2004, 11:31 AM
Huggable!

My Dad wore Aquavela.... (probably spelled wrong) or something by Gilette, forget the name.

Mom mostly wore Lily-of-the-Valley, I think from Avon. But she wore other things too, I can picture the bottles on her dresser but not what brands they were. Pretty bottles, all different shapes. Do ya think she bought 'em for the bottles look or the scent?? Mom also had an old fashioned atomizer, I think thats what it was called. She bought it in an antique store. It had a rubber bulb attached to a bottle that you squeezed to spritz the perfume on.

One gram never wore any scents, lotions, make up, etc... very allergic.

The other gram wore Jean Nate once in awhile but mostly some rose stuff. And she wore lots of it!! We'd go shopping in the '5 n dime' store and I swear you could smell roses 3 aisles over.

Scent can trigger some powerful memories. Grams been gone for a long time but I smelled her roses in the grocery store a few weeks ago. The little white haired lady in front of me had it on and probably just as much of it!! I stood there remembering. It was nice. I told the lady I liked her perfume, that it reminded me of my gram and she patted my arm and said 'thank you dear'. Just what gram woulda done..... made me teary eyed. Damn rose perfume!! If you've ever smelled it, it's really very strong and overpowering, really kinda yucky. I love it on little old ladies. But you'll never catch the stuff on me!!
Old 05-04-2004, 12:38 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
my mom has about 50 different bottles on her dresser. i don't remember one scent in particular but i do remember watching her get ready for a date with dad and she'd let me pick out which one she'd wear. i also used to make little concoctions out of them in the bathroom sink and add anything else i could find, shaving cream toothpaste, whatever. i was quite the little mad scientist.

my dad smells horrible though. he wears very cheap stuff. i don't know how it doesn't melt his skin but it is N-A-S-T-Y. i feel like barfing just thinking about it.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 05-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Let's have a shave party!

Dad was Brut 33 and Old Spice

Mom was various Coty products.

(When I wear a little, it's usually Aramis 900)
Old 05-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Multi-Sexual

wyn- I used to do the same with the bathroom supplies. One time, it caused the concoction to kind of smoke a bit, and I was all proud and showed my parents, who promptly beat my ass, and grounded me from playing outside for like a month.

That is a lesson I remember very very very WELL.