Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Made in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardbits
But, but, but, but I don't wanna be separate from Mayhem... *pouts and crosses arms like a petulant child*

Here you forgot this!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardbits
But, but, but, but I don't wanna be separate from Mayhem... *pouts and crosses arms like a petulant child*

I was waiting for that!^^^^^^^^^^

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
The people responsible for 911 weren't Iraqis -- most of them were Saudis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...-2004Jun16.html

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-08-2005, 04:12 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/...l/chapter12.stm

(1) (ii), (iv), (v), (vi)

Not, of course, that this will change any established opinions.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:08 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
I’ve also been biting my tongue at a few places on our board CGT. I’ve been reluctant to make a post because I don’t want our special place to turn into a pissing contest, as you once mentioned before. These events DO effect all of us in our real life, and while Pixies is our place to separate ourselves from the BS of the real world, it also is the place we have come to know and care about REAL people in a REAL way.

I feel that this topic would be better suited in another place, like the “George Bush can Bite my Nonexistant Nuts!” thread where our maddy had the courage to reasonably state her opinion. While I have to run at this minute, I will share my thoughts there until I feel that honest concern and reason has left. Then I will have to turn off so we can keep, at least THIS place, separate from the mayhem that’s out there.

My feelings didn't belong in that thread...... I am an American Patriot. I believe in my country and my leader in my country and what he's doing to protect my ass. NOT in the POLITICAL party who happens to be the leader at the time. I believe in AMERICA. Good luck everyone.
Watch your backside.........These people will die in the name of their holy one.....will you?

YM me if you care to stay in touch. Adios.......

Last edited by cowgirltease : 07-08-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:15 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/...l/chapter12.stm

(1) (ii), (iv), (v), (vi)

Not, of course, that this will change any established opinions.

OMG I didn't read it all yet but they refer to the term "sexed up" if nothing else about it got my (short) attention.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-08-2005, 05:56 PM

cowgirltease,

I hope the above does not mean what I fear it does, but if it does, then let me, in parting, leave you with an excerpt from Lord Acton:

"Liberty is not a means to a higher political end. It is itself the highest political end...liberty is the only object which benefits all alike, and provokes no sincere opposition...The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern. Every class is unfit to govern... Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. " [emphasis mine]
Old 07-08-2005, 09:25 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
jseal,
here's a quote about power that i like....
"Power dements even more than it corrupts, lowering the guard of foresight and raising the haste of action." ~Will and Ariel Durant

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 07-08-2005, 09:47 PM

wyndhy,

Yes'm. It seems to fit.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 PM

The way I see it...the is no gray area when dealing with terrorists. Either you give in to their demands and hope that it will end there or wipe them and anyone who may rise from their ashes off the face of the planet otherwize someone will always be pissed off at something that we or our government does or says.

"There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers or principalities; it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril, we can never surrender.

The future is all around us, . . waiting in moments of transition, to be born . . in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

DAM THE MAN!
Old 07-08-2005, 10:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbad
The way I see it...the is no gray area when dealing with terrorists. Either you give in to their demands and hope that it will end there or wipe them and anyone who may rise from their ashes off the face of the planet otherwize someone will always be pissed off at something that we or our government does or says.

"There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers or principalities; it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril, we can never surrender.

The future is all around us, . . waiting in moments of transition, to be born . . in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

I have to say that I agree!I can only think of one saying:
If you don't stand for something,You'll fall for anything!
I've stood for something,that I thought was right,for my whole life & I'm not
going to change,just to be "Mr. Popular"! Irish
Old 07-08-2005, 10:34 PM
curvy queen

[QUOTE=IrishI've stood for something,that I thought was right,for my whole life & I'm not
going to change,just to be "Mr. Popular"! Irish [/QUOTE]

Even if you found out later that you're opinion, even though it seemed correct at the time, was completly wrong?
Old 07-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Weedscreamer

Something slightly different....I just got an email from my friend in London. She and her family are okay.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:40 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Glad to hear it Mae...I'm still awaiting news from a friend but I am pretty sure I'm worrying for nothing.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Weedscreamer

Thank you. Her husband and one of her sons was on the other side of town...thank goodness.