Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2004, 03:54 PM
gurly gurl

Yeah, just saw the news and was worried about you Lilith. Mr. IWM said "well Tallahassee is feeling it now"..... hope you're safe!!!

No more wet t contests lady!
Old 09-05-2004, 04:10 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I have the next door's branches rubbing the main power line to my house. That's why my lights are blinking...It's gonna come down I fear. Ugh!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Pixie's Wild Rose

My thoughts and prayers are with you all...

PF your map idea is fantastic, thank you!!!

*hugs & kisses*
Old 09-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Banned

How strong are the winds, Lil? I think your little guy is the sweetest for worrying about the animals.

The only time the dog didn't like being out for a walk was several years ago in Newfoundland when the winds were 140 km/hr. We're a rock in the North Atlantic so the ocean tends to temper it for us. We get extreme winds but they're blown out to sea more often than not. (PF is going to kill me for trying to explain the way I think of weather without his assistance )
Old 09-05-2004, 04:48 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
How strong are the winds, Lil? I think your little guy is the sweetest for worrying about the animals.

The only time the dog didn't like being out for a walk was several years ago in Newfoundland when the winds were 140 km/hr. We're a rock in the North Atlantic so the ocean tends to temper it for us. We get extreme winds but they're blown out to sea more often than not. (PF is going to kill me for trying to explain the way I think of weather without his assistance )

No clue Steph...this is just the tiny baby squalls. Suddenly I realize all the things I should have done, bought, prepared. There is nothing at the grocery store but hotdogs buns. No soft drinks nor batteries, nothing useful. Most of the ice has been purchased. I started trying to freeze milk jugs and tupperware containers filled with water, just in case.

Currently my kids are playing scavenger hunt.....Find me anything that we can use if the power goes out, the one who finds the most stuff wins

What is so very freaky is that it comes in bands, so it's crazy, then calm, crazy, then calm. My birds are going nuts and the dogs are hunkered down in their dog palace (most people build dog houses but not Mr. Lil ), the cats are being cats and basically unphased by it all

We'll be fine but I don't do well without creature comforts, must be the Domme in me. My idea of roughing it is a hotel with no room service

If we get a nasty one I'll try to take pics too! ((((((((((much love))))))))

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned

It's not the first time I've been impressed with your parenting/teaching inventiveness.

If I had kids right now, they'd be on a hunt for roaches (the mary jane kind ~ I just found a stash of them. Yes, I know I should be childless!)
Old 09-05-2004, 04:55 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

*knock on wood* If I told my kids to hunt roaches...they would hopefully get the fly swatter......and they'd have to go outside to find them!!!!!!!!!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 09-05-2004, 05:15 PM
whitetiger74

lilith i hope every goes as good for you as it has for us here
we lost power but got it back ........ so we have been greatful ..... but i am still alittle nervouse cause after it passes to the gulf it is supposed to regain streghth and we as still in it path ........... I WISH YOU THE BEST as i do everyone ............. please let me know how everything turns out ......... the pictures i sent were the worst so far .... if it gets any worse from here it will be to dark to take anymore Pictures ......... STAY SAFE LILITH my prayers go out to you and your fam..........
Old 09-05-2004, 05:28 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

TY whitetiger!!!!! ((hugs))

I just talked to Summer...no tower power but she is a smarty and has a generator! For her she said Charlie was worse but that this thing is boring the hell out of them. She had some minor water damage but otherwise all is ok!

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 09-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Pretty Damn Amazing!

Send a message via MSN to PashkinThePanther Send a message via Yahoo to PashkinThePanther
Sitting here after a cloudless late summers day (no wind about 75F), I cannot help but TRY to imagine there conditions that some of our brave Pixieans are facing. And I can't. I see the coverage on the news but its one thing to see it, another to face it. Here in the UK we very rarely have to think of winds over 100mph so to all of you who have survived, thank the deity of your choice for it.

Hurricanes have interested me for years, probably because I never have to face them, but seeing the pix and reading the posts brings it home how awful they are.

Stay safe everyone in Fla, and hope Ivan misses you. Two in the space of a week would be too much to bear.

Concerned...

MY LIVEJOURNAL

It's Me & Myself in graphic detail!

Pixies' Eminent Astronomer & Meteorologist at Hull & East Riding Astronomy Society
Old 09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
gurly gurl

It's a comin' this wayyyyyyyy

Just went and made room in the garage to bring my car in...and brought the outside furniture inside the garage too.

What I'd give to be in let's say WASHINGTON right now! ah, what the heck, let's go to Hawaii
Old 09-05-2004, 05:52 PM
~a little bit naughty~

I am back. I lost my internet for the last few hours. Not the power though. So I got lots of things cleaned that have been neglected. Like my hall closet.

We are worried the storm will come back to hurricane force and whip around and get us from the back side tomorrow. Not sure yet what will happen. I know we have to now worry about our friends in the Panhandle.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 09-05-2004, 05:57 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Glad you are safe now Tess! My mom is south of Tampa and just heard all the transformers go POP!!!!! blacked out, in a tiny house with 14 people, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs, and 2 birds.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 09-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Missing the Angels

Glad to hear peeps are still ok. Will say more prayer's till it's all done. When this is over if anyone knows of anyone that needs some help, I've got girl's clothes and shoes for a girl. Size 4-6x, would be happy to send them at my expense of course. Would rather they be used where needed, then sit in the back room at the Goodwill's here. PM if needed.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:31 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

It's dark and I can't really see outside anymore but I can hear the trees, they actually sound like the ocean. Except when I hear the cracks and the thuds It's barely drizzling. They've made all the people just south of me evacuate and are opening many of the schools as shelters. I think just the ones where they have generators.

~>My Scribbles<~