Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Manwhore

Vibrator threat to Cypriot security

(SF)

Original story here

JOHN HIGGINSON - Thursday, May 10, 2007

An Ann Summers vibrator has been deemed a threat to the national security of Cyprus.

Cypriot military fear the British made radio-controlled vibrating love egg will disrupt the army's radio frequency and banned it from use on the island.

A spokesperson for makers Ann Summers confirmed its Love Bug 2 self love device operated by a remote control with a range of six metres, was on sale for use everywhere in Europe - except Cyprus.

In its promotional literature the company describes the device as a 'deceptively powerful matt silver love egg', later adding: 'Not for use in Cyprus.'

Military officials refused to comment on the reasons for the ban, but the government's Communications and Works Ministry said it had been a purely military decision.

A spokesperson said: 'We never even saw them, they were banned before we even had a chance to check them, but if issues of national security are at stake then that is not surprising.'

'The military does operate on a different frequency to the general frequency, but they do not share that information for obvious reasons, only they would have been able to decide what SRD's (Small Range Devices) might be a threat and what to do about it.'

Lizzie Eddleston from the Ann Summers press office in the UK said: 'It is a shame but we have to honour the request and have made it clear that the Love Bug is not for sale in Cyprus.

'We have been told the electronic waves given off by the 'Love Bug' would affect military frequencies, but we have told locals that we have a lot of other devices that are not banned which will satisfy their needs. After all, it's better to make love, not war.'

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 PM
is not this trim anymore!

They were smart to ban the devices. It's my theory that the British are at it again! They're trying to recreate the great British empire and are distributing these "vaginal jamming devices"!

I wonder if they'll be called the "East India Vibrator Company".

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:16 PM

And it looks so fun too!!! Makes me want to try smuggling!