Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Good info fred...TY!

I think I'm panicking because MCP got 12 last week (including Monday night). I ended up with 8...which isn't too bad but has made our total tally to date...

Lixy - 49
MCP - 48

I've really gotta kick butt this week!

I'm up in the air about San Diego - Philly. Philly is notorious for having a string of strong weeks and then getting over confident. It's a bit early for that now...but looks like it might be happening anyway. I'll be damned if I do and damned if I don't in this one I'm afraid!

Hoping to hear from the others this week!

Thanks again fred!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-19-2005, 06:38 AM
curvy queen

Indianapolis@Houston - Indianapolis
yes.

Pittsburg@Cincinnatti - Pittsburg (tell me why not???)
Pitt is hurting right now. Ben R. is coming back off injury, but after the shitty week they had last week, it will be hard to regain momentum. Is Ward back in?
Cincy is having a great year, sucessful record. They might be a little nervous since this is a divisional game, though, and they've been notorious for blowing those. Nevertheless, they are the home team.
As much as it pains me, i'm taking Cincy, although I'll still be rooting for Pitt.

Detroit@Cleveland - Detroit
Cleveland sucks this year. Thank God their in Pittsburgh's division.

San Francisco@Washington - Washington
true.

Greenbay@Minnesota - Green Bay
also true - did you see the asskicking Minnesota got last week?

Kansas City@Miami - Kansas City
true.

New Orleans@St Louis - St. Louis (should I?)
yes you should marc bulger is hurt, but their passing game was never that strong anyway - and their at home.

San Diego@Philadelphia - San Diego - (want the home team...but?????)
I'm saying San Diego on this too. Don't know why.

Dallas@Seattle - Seattle
duh.

Tennessee@Arizona - Tennessee
double duh.

Denver@NY Giants - Denver
I'm taking the home team - i thought they looked good against Dallas last week, even though they lost.

Baltimore@Chicago - Baltimore
Chicago. Baltimore is ass.

Buffalo@Oakland - Oakland
Suprise here. But a good choice.

MONDAY

NY Jets@Atlanta - Atlanta
Yes. Do not change this pick, no matter what.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:09 AM
~getting by~

My only comment on Green Bay @ Minnesota: don't discount the dome effect, Brett has historically played very poorly in the Vikings playground. While I'm hoping the bye week was enough to rest the team up and keep them up from a great win the week prior, that dome is deadly.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh guys! You've really given me confidence this week!

law...Damn G/F...You know your shit! Great analysis and exactly what I had hoped for when I initiated this thread! Whatever happened to Minnesota? Back when I used to watch football (in my cave, with my pet dinosaur by my side...lol!) The Vikings were a team to be reckoned with! Matter of fact, so were the Rams (they were in LA then). Things sure done gone crazy since I've dropped from the wonderful world of sporting! Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm! Thanks for taking the time hun!

maddy...I didn't know that fact! Geezzzzz...really gives me something to think about as far as poor performance due to past superstition. Now I have to ask myself...am I superstitious or am I feeling lucky? Well...am I? Thanks hun...good insight! Even though I'm sticking with Green Bay...if I lost that one I'll know why and what to say to MCP!

All you peeps have been great! I thank you again...and now, ON WITH THE GAMES!

I'm turning my pool in tomorrow morning! I feel pretty good about this week's picks. Here's my final choices...

Indianapolis
Cincinnatti
Detroit
Washington
Green Bay
Kansas City
St. Louis
San Diego (might come back and bite me on the ass)
Seattle
Tennessee
NY Giants
Chicago
Oakland

MONDAY

Atlanta (with a total for both teams scores of 33)

OK...we'll see! Teams? Don't fail me now!

Be back with results when they come in!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-19-2005, 09:10 PM
~getting by~

I'm rooting for Green Bay too, I just know that damn dome is one place they struggle.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Everybody Stretch!

((((maddy)))) Let's turn this around and keep chanting...SD, SD, SD! LOL! We can change that dome karma!!

So...found out today that MCP has 4 different picks than me this week. I only know of the San Diego@Philly game. He's a die hard and wouldn't choose SD unless they were home...and then I'm not even sure he'd do it then. It'd be tough...that I do know!

So 3 teams that he chose are a mystery...but this makes it a competition to me. I think I am ready!

WoooooooHoooooooo!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Damn that dome...eh maddy? Just noticed my oopsie (above) too! I meant to say that we should chant GB...but I guess I had the San Diego game on my mind. Prolly what screwed me on both games! Eagles did it to me again! Told ya...if I bet on um they lose...if I bet against them they win. You guys should take a cue from me on that note!

Anyway...I got 9 of 13 thus far this week. As I said...MCP had the Eagles so we know he won that one. And he said we had 4 different picks this week. Can't wait to find out his tally.

I am going to the oral surgeons tomorrow so I won't know his total till Tuesday. If I find it out earlier I'll get back here ASAP.

Tomorrow nights game seems like a lock...but I ain't discounting anything with my luck (or lack thereof).

How'd you guys do?

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 AM
curvy queen

Damn me for betting against my Steelers! And how's about that Washington game! /begin redneck accent That's what we call down hurr in the soufland a good ol fashioned asswhoopin /redneck accent out.

I see the dome caught up with Brett F. after all - suprised by this. Also suprised at how close the Dallas game was - i thought for sure it would be a blowout.

I still think Atlanta is solid for tonight. I don't see NYJ pulling it out.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:17 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I'm just glad Seattle pulled it out LAW! Round here, for some reason, Dallas is the Eagles biggest nemesis. There are a few guys at work who butt heads when Dallas and the Eagles play one another. Some guys never pick the home team unless they are in the play-offs, and that pisses the others off that they could be faithful to another team until we are close to the Super Bowl. Ya know how testosterone flies in times like that. Anyway...TY Seattle!

I didn't see the Wash. game, but I go to a site that gives me play by play (and refreshes the page every 10 seconds or so) and "watched" Washington kick ass! Geezzzzzz! How embarassed is San Fran today? 35 points? Yikes!

On to tonight's game!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-24-2005, 08:37 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyarmywife
Damn me for betting against my Steelers! And how's about that Washington game! /begin redneck accent That's what we call down hurr in the soufland a good ol fashioned asswhoopin /redneck accent out.

I see the dome caught up with Brett F. after all - suprised by this. Also suprised at how close the Dallas game was - i thought for sure it would be a blowout.

I hear you. I can't believe MN came back, but I should know better, Farve can not play in that dome. I'm kicking myself.
On to next week. (after the Falcons wipe out the Jets. It's early still, but already looking ugly)

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Well...I went to the oral surgeon's today and boy am I sore! Had molar #3 removed cause the root canal I had way back in 2002 got all shitty. The tooth was cracked and just recently it cracked again...and was near a sinus and had to be cut out. So...I'm hoping to feel a bit better in the morning cause I need to go to work, if for nothing else but to find out what MCP did.

I have a good feeling about this week. Can't explain it...I just do. We are going to be close if I don't beat him outright! I'm still one up on him from last week...so here's to keeping that good feeling!

BBS with the results! Keep good thoughts for me to make it to work tomorrow!

Thanks guys!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Everybody Stretch!

OK guys and girls...

MCP and I went 10 each this week. I'm still just 1 up on him to date. He keeps getting more and more cocky as the weeks go on. Lets get him BAD this week!

Here's the match-ups this week...and my tentative picks. Some are so close to call that I really need your persuasion. You've been great so far and I trust your knowledge more than the "office kibbitzing" or any online banter on the sports sights. OK...gimme your breakdowns!

Cleveland@Houston - Cleveland (dunno why not???)
Greenbay@Cincinnatti - Cincinnatti (hey...they're home)
Arizona@Dallas - Arizona (real close call for me...convince me otherwise...it won't take much!)
Chicago@Detroit - Detroit
Oakland@Tennessee - Oakland
Miami@New Orleans - New Orleans
Washington@NY Giants - NY Giants
Jacksonville@St Louis - St Louis
Minnesota@Carolina - Carolina
Kansas City@San Diego - Kansas City (again...real close call for me!!!)
Tampa Bay@San Francisco - Tampa Bay
Philadelphia@Denver - Philadelphia (they'll fuck me again...won't they?)
Buffalo@New England - New England

MONDAY NIGHT

Baltimore@Pittsburg - Pittsburg (no doubt!)

My prediction for the total score for Monday night's game is 35...what do ya think?

OK...give it to me and don't hold back!

*hugs*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-26-2005, 07:44 PM
~getting by~

Washington @ NY Giants ... I'd go Washington, I know the Giants rock at home ... but Washington's been kicking asses and taking names all season so far... I'd not followed them for many years, but they got their stuff together this year.

Arizona @ Dallas ... I'd go Dallas here. This isn't the norm for me, I typically bet against the Cowboys any opportunity I get, but they look to me the better team, particularly when you factor in home field.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:15 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
Arizona @ Dallas ... I'd go Dallas here. This isn't the norm for me, I typically bet against the Cowboys any opportunity I get, but they look to me the better team, particularly when you factor in home field.

Maddy is right, Dallas is the better team, and being home, I think they'll win.

Oakland / Tenn - ewww. How about they just say they played this and flipped a coin. Frankly, the same for the Houston / Cleveland game. Except I think you're right the Cleveland will win.

I think the Eagles with fuck you over again. Sorry. Dever is playing well, especially at home. Philly can't seem to run, which i think will stop them here.

And as for that SD/KC game. My gut says SD can win. My brain says KC. I don't know. I do think it's going to be very high scoring.

I don't know. Good luck.

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-27-2005, 05:02 AM
Everybody Stretch!

WOW! TY guys!

I'm keeping this pool till tomorrow cause I don't have time to sort it out this morning. I've noted all the arguments from above though...and good ones they are!

I know...I know...I am always on the fence with Philly and I never fall on their side. They are the most unpredictable team I know of!

Keep your ears open and thinking caps on peeps! I'll be back later this evening!

~Thomas Dewar~