Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Unemployed Food Critic

Send a message via Yahoo to calihotguy
yes, I thought you picked Arizona, not Carolina.
My Night Out, Part 2

"The world is a mirror which is always in our vision"
- Me
Old 10-11-2005, 05:17 AM
curvy queen

Looks like you're stuck with 7, Lix, but that's not a bad deal. What's the final verdict, how did HE do this week?

Be back later with my thoughts on next weeks picks.

LAW
Old 10-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyarmywife
Looks like you're stuck with 7, Lix, but that's not a bad deal. What's the final verdict, how did HE do this week?

Be back later with my thoughts on next weeks picks.

LAW

Myself and MCP went 7-7 this week. Catch the balls on this guy! He GLOATED that I lost on San Diego cause he knew I came back and got another pool last week to change my pick! OMG! ROFLMFAO! I just told him I am still 5 up on him and he stopped gloating. He said...I was just giving you an advantage! From now on in, he claims he'll kick my ass!

SIDENOTE: I still have time to UP the ante on the original bet. I'm gonna have him drop to his knees and kiss my shoes/boots when I win...and if I lose it'll be the same bet, but me dropping. I can UP this to a higher degree of humiliation if you could help me think of something "workplace" worthy!

Come on...spew the ideas!

OK...my picks for Week 6 thus far...

Jacksonville@Pittsburg - Pittsburg
Miami@Tampa Bay - Tampa
Cleveland@Baltimore - Baltimore
Atlanta@New Orleans - Atlanta
Minnesota@Chicago - Minnesota
Carolina@Detroit - Carolina
NY Giants@Dallas - NY
Cincinnatti@Tenessee - Cincinnatti

Washington@Kansas City - ***here's where I am split, 1 of 2 games I'm split on) What do you think?

New England@Denver - N.E.

NY Jets@Buffalo - ***spit decision here too! Got some good feedback?

San Diego@Oakland - San Diego
Houston@Seattle - Seattle

Monday Night Football
St. Louis@Indianapolis - Indianapolis
TOTAL SCORE _______

Added a new feature ^^^

What's your predicted total score for the outcome of Monday night's game?

I said 44...Got any feel for it yourself?

OK guys...let's kick ass!!!!!!!!

XXXOOO

~Thomas Dewar~

Last edited by LixyChick : 10-12-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:59 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
I disagree with you on the Chicago - Minn game, the Vikings have looked pretty bad all season.
I've got KC and Buffalo for the split games, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they're the home teams.

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Thanks Fred! I think the same thing about home teams when in doubt! Minnesota/Chicago duely noted!

Got any guesses on the final total score for the Monday night game?

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Tells it all

I think you should rethink the Cleveland @ Baltimore game, Baltimore has no offense (ranked 25) second worst record in points scored (47) behind The Texans (44) and even if baltimore can run the ball where are they going to run to if Cleveland puts any points on the board and they are forced to pass the ball? My pick Cleveland

Live Life, hearses don't come with luggage racks.
The second mouse always gets the cheese
Old 10-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Everybody Stretch!

TY Winston! I'll consider your advice carefully!

I note everyone's picks from Pixies as I do from the online sites I visit for the stats and stuff. I Love reading all of your analogies on why this team or that team has the advantage this particular week. I don't pay for my info from any site...though there are a million sites I could get much more info if I just forked over my cc number. I'm not about all that. I'm of the notion that betting football is a lot like fielding the stock market. I could put the teams on a bulletin board and toss a few darts at it (if only I could throw a dart straight...and not have it wobble...lmfao) and probably have some good choices when I was done...same goes with stocks!

My interest in this sport is solely to let MCP know I am not stupid because I have a pussy! The bonus I found in this endeavor is that I am loving the banter between some old friends and some new friends here at Pixies! It's so good to chat with you guys through this thread...and I can't thank you enough for taking up my challenge!

Hoping to hear from the other regulars soon!

Love you guys!

XXXOOO

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
With all due respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
Got any guesses on the final total score for the Monday night game?

I think I screwed up on that. I put 49, but I keep forgetting that KC doesn't score as much this year, Indy's denfense is awesome, and frankly, Indy's offense isn't amazing right now either. 35 or so is probably closer.
Anybody else?

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Tells it all

I just want to see the picture of him kissing your feet

Live Life, hearses don't come with luggage racks.
The second mouse always gets the cheese
Old 10-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I was in such a rush on Friday morning and I nearly forgot to circle my final picks before I left the house for work. Mr. Lixy was on the puter and I glanced over at the stool I keep my pool on...and there it was...unfinished!

I didn't have time to get on Pixies and check this thread for a final opinion...but I had noted what Fred and Winston had told me earlier...alongside what I already had from my online sources. The pool we get is two sided...mirror image style...and I keep one side and turn in the other. I usually circle both sides with my fnal picks before I rip them apart. As I said, I was running late and in a frenzy so I didn't get a chance to circle my side this week. I do have my original dashes next to the teams that opinions were given on.

In my mindset...I wonder if I circled the teams with the most dashes instead of evaluating each dash and who it came from. Anyway...my point is...I'm sorta guessing at my final choices here by just regarding the teams with the most dashes. I might have chosen differently Friday morning, for whatever reason, on a few teams. I'm kicking myself now for not taking the moment to circle my finality.

Here's who I think I picked...lmfao!

Pittsburg
Tampa Bay
Baltimore (though I am really cringing at this pick...we'll see I guess)
Atlanta
Minnesota (this is one I might have changed...can't be sure till Monday)
Carolina
NY Giants
Cincinnatti
Washington (another I might have changed last minute)
New England
NY Jets (and yet another I am not sure if I changed the pick)
San Diego
Seattle

Indianapolis

TOTAL SCORE 43 (I do know I changed that...downed it by 1...cause I marked that on my paper...DUH!)

OK...well I guess we'll see when I get hold of my original paper huh? Sorry for the confusion but we've had so much rain and flooding here that I barely had time for any of this tom-foolery this week.

Good news is...the sun is finally here today! It's rained for 8+ days and I am in need of some sun so bad! I'm not complaining for the rain mind you. I know there are peeps worse off than myself. I'm just letting you know that in this old house with that much rain...well she took some on and I had to help her get rid of it! It got a little crazy round here for a spell!

Good Luck on the games this week! TY for your opinions once again. Here's hoping I remembered them in my fianal choices! Don't count on that though...*giggle* I promise to be a better student next week!

XXXOOO

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh Man! I suckkkkkkkkkkk!

LOL!

OK guys...I had a bad week! I'm entitled once in a while, eh? I'm blaiming it on the rains for 9 straight days and the flooding in our cellar that distracted me! Sound good? I know...I know...I just sucked this week! My fault. I'll be more attentive and heed your words more considerably this week...PROMISE!

OK...here's what happened so far. Below are my wins and losses and my notes to go along with them...so you can see how I am following the teams (in my own little world)...

[X]Jacksonville@Pittsburg - Pittsburg...Pretty close, but bad call on my part. Lost by 6 in OT

[1]Miami@Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay...Win by 14

[2]Cleveland@Baltimore - Baltimore...Good call. Win by 13

[3]Atlanta@New Oleans - Atlanta...WHEW! Win by 3

[X]Minnesota@Chicago - Minesota...WTF??? I suck! Lost by 25. Somebody shoot me! Why didn't Minn. just stay home?!

[4]Carolina@Detroit - Carolina...Whew! Win by 1

[X]NY Giants@Dallas - NY Giants...Someone has to win! Lost by 3 in OT. Dallas ALWAYS craps me up whether I bet on um or against!

[5]Cincinnatti@Tennessee - Cincinnatti...Cinci's back! Win by 7

[X]Washington@Kansas City - Washington...again, someone has to win. Lost by 7

[X]New England@Denver - New England...Can't express my feelings! Lost by 8

[X]NY Jets @ Buffalo...NY Jets...Fuck Me! Lost by 10

[6]San Diego@Oakland - San Diego...TY guys! Win by 13

[7]Houston@Seattle - Seattle...Good call! Didn't note the win over Houston???

And that's what I jotted down last night and this morning as I got the results! Waiting on tonights game...but it can't help me this week! MCP had 11 correct...and I don't know which ones or if he has the same pick as me tonight...which is...

St. Loius@Indianapolis - Indy

OK...I'll chalk this week up to some really tight games!

On to next week...K? You guys still with me?

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 PM
With all due respect

I told you the Vikings suck. Sorry I tell you, the Steelers losing hurt. That's ok, it's one week. Walk it off. Rub some dirt in it. Suck it up. *shudder* sorry about that, that just came out.
Point is, another week is coming. You'll get him again then.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:51 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I know fred...I know! I'll listen and heed those in the know better next time. I wasn't really paying attention to much last week but the water level in my cellar! Things are better this week.

I'll post my picks either today, after work...or tomorrow after work...as soon as I finish my picks!

Thanks for all your input...*teehee* (<---couldn't resist)

Be back tonight with this weeks game roster's!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Everybody Stretch!

OK...here ya go! Our line up for Week 7 - 10/23

Indianapolis@Houston - Indianapolis
Pittsburg@Cincinnatti - Pittsburg (tell me why not???)
Detroit@Cleveland - Detroit
San Francisco@Washington - Washington
Greenbay@Minnesota - Green Bay
Kansas City@Miami - Kansas City
New Orleans@St Louis - St. Louis (should I?)
San Diego@Philadelphia - San Diego - (want the home team...but?????)
Dallas@Seattle - Seattle
Tennessee@Arizona - Tennessee
Denver@NY Giants - Denver
Baltimore@Chicago - Baltimore
Buffalo@Oakland - Oakland

MONDAY

NY Jets@Atlanta - Atlanta

Total Points of Monday Night Game...33

OK...this is my best this week. How'd I do? Tell me why I will suck again! Tell me why I did good! Ya know what? I haven't watched a game all season and this is getting addictive!

OMG...someone slap the shit outta me! LMFAO!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-18-2005, 08:38 PM
With all due respect

Like I know what I'm talking about You haven't watched a game and you're doing at least as well as me, if not better.

On to this week.
I'm giving Cincy the nod over Pitt because they're at home and Ben R is coming off of injury so I don't know how he'll do.
Philly had a bye week to prepare for San Diego....but they looked terrible the week before. I went with Philly, but that's a toss-up to me.
And as for the Chicago - Baltimore game. I don't honestly think that either team will have an offense based on how good each of their defenses are playing. I'm going with the home team again. Frankly, whoever turns the ball over more will lose I think.

Point is, you've been doing well all season.