Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Then we went to "Penn's Landing", named for the founder of Pennsylvania...

click on the link below to learn about William Penn...

About William Penn ...

It's just a "wee" way over the Deleware river to N.J., and the ship you see is now a maritime museum just across from Penn's Landing.

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Self explainitory...

Just have to say...until Memorial Day, there isn't much going on at Penn's Landing. During the summer months there are concerts and air shows and it's quite a treat when the Tall Ships come into port. We were just happy for a warm and sunny day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me and ian at penn\'s landing.jpg (27.8 KB, 296 views)

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Another ship docked at the Penn's Landing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the schooner galena at penn\'s landing.jpg (43.4 KB, 278 views)

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Sooooooo...then we headed back home to beat the Philly rush hour traffic. We sat around the picnic table again, to reflect on the day. Mind you, this was after Ian had his first bite of a Philly cheesesteak for lunch! Ahhhhhhhhh.....ain't nothin better than an Amoroso roll holding the gem that is Philly's heart!

Then, we went out to dinner at a local "pub" and had the best meal of the trip (though, I'm hoping Ian will say his best meals were my personal cooking). Hubby and I talked with some friends who came over to our table, after their meal, to meet Ian. The owner even made a rare appearance at our request.

We went to bed after an exhausting day, so that we could wake refreshed to make the airport in the time alotted for check-in. Ian's plans called for us to be at the airport 1 1/2 hours before flight time! Little did we know...check-in was easier than getting into Independence Hall (only took 15-20 mins. after figuring out we couldn't use the computer)! Makes one wonder, where's the priority...don't it?

Here's a pic during our ride to the airport...

A Breathtaking Sunrise........................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the ride to airport may 1, 2004.jpg (8.2 KB, 312 views)

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Everybody Stretch!

I kept taking pictures as we rode along...and this is the last one of Ian's trip to our place! I just couldn't take a "goodbye" pic...so I'll finish this thread with a sunrise!

**Mamma never liked "goodbye's" Ian...and she instilled that in me! I'll not ever say "goodbye", but leave this open in case you want to come back for another round of "Americanizing...(word?...it is NOW!)

*hugs and kisses*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunrise taking ian to airport.jpg (9.9 KB, 321 views)

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-02-2004, 05:55 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Lovely tribute to a great visit Lixy!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Everybody Stretch!

TYSVVM Lilith! It was a visit of a lifetime and I'm so glad I could share some of it's highpoints with my extended family!

*sniffle*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-02-2004, 06:06 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Cool OMG

DON’T LOOK IAN!

I’m glad you had such a grand time hun, but did you have to take him to the bell? Ian, being a fabricator, has to be laughing at our American craftsmanship. Who else turns something that broke with the first use, into an icon? Now I’ll have to try and show him we CAN do something right. (What a job I’ve got ) lol

Just kidding

Thank you so much Lixy and Mr. Lixy for showing both Grumbles and us, not only the sights, but the meaning of friends and being a real Pixie. Both become more meaningful when combined and shared.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Take me for a ride

Wonderful pictures. I envy him having a gracious hostess like you. Thank you for sharing. It seems you all had a great time.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Huggable!

Lixy,

What a terrific thread!! Its looks and sounds like you enjoyed Ians visit as much as we did.

The pics are great. TY for posting them. If you don't mind I'm going to copy you and post "Grumble in RI" pics. I was waiting for him to post them but I didn't realize he's not had a way to.

TY again Lixy!!

teddy
Old 05-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Quote:
Originally posted by LixyChick

As to the coins on Ben's grave, I'm not sure hun! We speculated that folks just wanted to leave a part of themselves there and thank Mr. Franklin for his contributions to our current comforts. But to be honest, we were clueless of the significance!

Not to be a know-it-all, but thought maybe I could shed some light on this for you....

Ben Franklin wrote and published Poor Richard's Almanac. Lots of our proverbs are taken from there. One of the most famous of Franklin's proverbs was "A Penny saved is a penny earned."

I'm assuming that would be the reason for people leaving pennies on Ben Franklin's grave.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-02-2004, 09:48 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Awwwwwww Lixy, that was sweet what you said there at the end. thank you for sharing this with us! I'm so glad you all had a good time!
Old 05-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Nice to cement friendships!
Old 05-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Re: OMG

Quote:
Originally posted by PantyFanatic
DON’T LOOK IAN!

I’m glad you had such a grand time hun, but did you have to take him to the bell? Ian, being a fabricator, has to be laughing at our American craftsmanship. Who else turns something that broke with the first use, into an icon? Now I’ll have to try and show him we CAN do something right. (What a job I’ve got ) lol

Just kidding

Thank you so much Lixy and Mr. Lixy for showing both Grumbles and us, not only the sights, but the meaning of friends and being a real Pixie. Both become more meaningful when combined and shared.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Feckin...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell him of all the faults of our forefathers! Gezzzzz oh Pete, PF!

Not only did the bell have a crack in it...but, it wasn't the first and only bell fabricated that had problems! Oh shit, now look what you made me go and do, PF!

OK...here's the real story of the bell and the tolls it took!

The Bell[s]

BTW hun...I didn't see him laugh...but he could have when I was all in awe over the bell! I got all goose-pimply and my nipples got all..................um................never mind! Suffice it to say...I don't think he laughed out loud at us!

*hugs*

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 05-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Everybody Stretch!

one-trick pony...So glad you enjoyed! It was Ian who graced us...but then, I know you can tell that from the thread! TY for the compliment! *hugs*

Teddy...sweety honey!...Ian may have another idea of how to post his trip, but I have never proclaimed to be patient and he did mention how much he hated my mouse (so I put on an old style mouse while he was here, and hated it...lol!)...so he could peruse the site. There was no way for him to upload his pics to my puter...and I could do mine...so I did...in hopes that Ian wouldn't mind me jumping the gun! He told me so much about his visit with you and your family...and I can hardly wait for the pics that you two have to share! *hugs and an extra one to let you know, I now know the love that is Ian* I'm sure, whatever you decide to post...Ian will love it!

SS...*bear hugs*...Good Gawd sweety! You are such a doll to remind me/us of that fact! Of course! That has to be the reason behind the pennies! TY for getting my back and remembering that info! *hugs again*

CGT...*blushing* So glad you appreciated the sentimental part! TY for such a sweet compliment hun! Glad you enjoyed the trip! *hugs n hugs*

fzzy...It was...it was nice to cement! So glad you came by! *hugs*

~Thomas Dewar~