Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
is not this trim anymore!

<<<----- has been called a knob plenty of times!

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:39 AM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
get back on topic! ^^^

knobs! very nice touch on any repository, lil. especially ash, a nice and heavy, hard, strong and stiff wood. excellent bending qualities.

don't forget pre-drilling a hole is necessary before you can screw the knob.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 09-08-2005, 11:56 AM

oops...sorry wyndhy!

/me quickly diverts people's temporarily misguided attention to his pre-drilled knob

I've found that it's not the size of the screw that makes a knob effective, but the quality of the knob itself. My advice to anyone out there shopping around for knobs is to get the best one you can afford. I've yet to hear of anyone that's regretted that choice, whereas I've experienced firsthand the disappointment of having to abandon a cheap knob for what should've been acquired originally.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Manwhore

Yes, surely you want to a knob that you can grip firmly since it needs to endure a lot of tugging. Some people like to have knobs that are purely for decoration but I feel if you're going to take the time to screw it in, you should get as much use out of it as you can. Knobs can can if various widths, lengths, and styles so you should try out several different ones to see which will fit with your trim the best.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 09-08-2005, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
Some people like to have knobs that are purely for decoration but I feel if you're going to take the time to screw it in, you should get as much use out of it as you can.

Excellent, excellent point!!!!! You know how those things go...if someone sees a knob, they're gonna pull it! It's human nature! Thank you for pointing that out!

Old 09-08-2005, 03:32 PM
pixie of the wood

true, true. don't think you have to go out and get the biggest knob you can find. i would even suggest buying plain wood knobs and enhancing them yourself. after careful manual work, like applying some latex, the knob will ususally look bigger.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Manwhore

If you are really good you can add ridges or 'ribs' to the sides of the knob with careful application of the latex.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:50 PM
pixie of the wood

which would not only enhance the knob visually but really give it some tactile interest, something for your fingers to feel and explore as you pull on the knob.
nice suggestion, aqua!

Old 09-08-2005, 05:20 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
back to the pre-drilling.... I have heard and think it is an excellent idea to have two drills at the ready. Just in case the first one doesn't do the trick.

For me, knob choice is very difficult. narrowing my selection down to just one seems to be an impossible task. Why pick up just one knob when it's better to have several on hand. A varied selection will ensure that you always have the right knob for the job.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Manwhore

Definitely Lil... and it's always good to have an extra tool on hand.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:37 PM
pixie of the wood

and don't forget clean your tools well with oil.... a clean tool works much better than one covered in scum from the last time it was used

Old 09-09-2005, 01:18 AM
Banned

The writing in this thread is superb. Kudos! I love the deadpan writing!!!

Where is Lixy to help with the sewing renos?

I would love to join in but I don't my knob from a hole in the ground.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:53 AM
pixie of the wood

deadpan? my dear, i have no idea what you mean. if you have a repair question, just ask. no need to be shy.

i gather you have some sewing questions. here’s a tip i can offer about sewing. needles, the steel implement used to pierce through the fabric, will slide in much more easily if you remember to coat the tip in soap. keep a bar handy when using your equipment.

to thread a needle, first dampen the thread. to do this, draw an inch or two into your mouth, rolling your tongue around it. if you’re using a particularly thick thread, like a cord, this may take time and several licks. keep your lips pressed firmly around the circumference while drawing it from your mouth. this will draw off excess moisture and, in case someone is watching you get it wet, you won’t leave those unattractive tendrils of spit dangling from your chin. now you simply slide it through the hole. take an extra moment to carefully line up both needle and thread so that the insertion is smooth. if the thread bumps into the side of the hole, it will bend and leave a kink that you will need to smooth with your mouth again. you may have to attempt several pokes before you accomplish an insertion but do not be discouraged. with practice, you will soon learn to achieve insertion on the very first try.

some people prefer to use a thimble as protection against pricks, i find that this impedes your ability to really feel each thrust of the needle through the fabric and you can't be sure that the insertion goes exactly where it should. besides that, i personally like the feel of a prick every now and then.

i hope that helps, steph.

Old 09-10-2005, 04:53 AM
Awesome on my Own

another suggestion on the care and upkeep of your knobs, be sure that you polish them regularly. I like to do the spit shine method best.

And another handy tip, for those who enjoy using power tools, be sure that you have plenty of fresh batteries, or a couple on the charger. You wouldn't want to lose power before you get the job done.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:32 PM
pixie of the wood

right now, i'm waiting for the stripper to start working. soon i'll have to get my hand tool and really dig into all those cracks and seams. can't wait to see where this project leads.