Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 05:08 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
bump cause i'm sendin' out the info
bummer lixy ...but we won't hold you to anything if you wanna give it a shot anyway.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
i do think if we pick anita blake or the merry gentry we shud do them in order they are awsome books i luv em but u need the back ground well hell if the ann rice ones are picked same goes , wether we read a whole series at a time or not jus tin order over the course

~nikki
Old 01-10-2005, 05:47 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I personally am not really interested in reading the same old type of stuff. While the Evanovich and Hamilton stuff is great fun, it's more like serials than literature that causes me to have to think (and I like them as an escape for that reason). I can read a book and talk about what I read but I was hoping to read books and learn by talking with others about how they perceive them. For me the idea of a book community/club is to spread my wings, move out of my comfort zone. Also I think choices should reflect our entire population of participants, books of interest to either sex.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
pixie of the wood

exactly what she^^^ said.

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 01-10-2005, 06:07 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I have also seen book clubs where members take turns introducing everyone else to a book. And they lead the discussion about that book because they are more familiar with it. Maybe that is another way of including a variety. But it wouldn't work if people are not willing to wade through eachother's choices. *shrugs* Just throwing things out.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Pixie since 9/3/2001

Now I like that idea ^^^

Oh and sign me up for the sleep over

Old 01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Manwhore

While I like the idea of the sexy books (i.e., Anne's Sleeping Beauty series), I am also hoping this will get me outside the box of books I normally read. I'd also have a hard time explaining to Mrs. Aqua what I'm doing with a saucy romance novel.

I think we've got some good ideas for how to work this and I really appreciate wyndhy and Chey spearheading the drive to get this going. Bring on the nominations poll!

Oh, and I always sleep naked

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Suprise Me

I like the idea of reading something different too. Something that would promote discussion and take me out of my box. I went to http://www.randomhouse.com/index.pperl and clicked on readers resources. In that tab there is a list of different genres that open a page with a book list. You can click on a title and there are group guides for discussions. Many of those catagories and books listed don't "pigeon hole" a reader by interests or gender but allow for many interests.

An example of this (non-fiction) catagory:

Tuesdays with Morrie
An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/...790592X&view=rg

I think using the Random House site as a guide, we can either go down the member list alphabetically or by birthdays and that person would pick a book out from their list (there are lots of them) and then we can use the discussion guide provided which would be available to all of us by a link. That way, the book is new to them too, and they don't have to "lead" a discussion and come up with questions for thoughts to ponder. The only thing that would have to be decided upon (by the group) is how far ahead to read and when to meet for either live discussion or threaded discussion on the blog, There each person can talk about anything that struck them about the book and ask any question they may have in additon to what is on the guide.

I think that the members who expressed an interest in the book discussion have varied interests and most would be willing to explore other readings. I would hope that each would be willing to pick up a book that they normally wouldn't read and take the plunge into something different.

In addition, most of the books listed can be found at the local public library if a person didn't want to invest $$$ into purchasing a book that they may not want or ever read again. Many of them are also available as e-books that can be downloaded at a very reasonable price.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions?

Old 01-10-2005, 07:13 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

One of my fave books! and I love the idea of everyone making a best choice from a list whether we vote or a selection is simply made.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 01-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
Oh, and I always sleep naked

I was hoping you'd say that

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 01-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Suprise Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
One of my fave books! and I love the idea of everyone making a best choice from a list whether we vote or a selection is simply made.

I love the book too, and had often wondered what other's perceptions would be. I think that Tuesdays With Morrie is an individual book - meaning that each person will probably take something away that is different from someone else only because the life that they live is different. There are many selections similar to that on those lists.

What I like about the Random House site is that there are already discussion questions specific to the book. No one would have to read ahead in order to anticipate what to talk about. Makes it easier. There are also links to download the book as an ebook, audio book, or a place to purchase if someone wanted to. Easy, easy, easy...

And if we go down the list alphabetically by nick, each person would have the ability to pick something out in turn. Easy...

One of the stipulations that we could have is that everyone has to read the book naked.. and when there is a live discussion, you must be in the buff

Sound good???

Old 01-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyanne
One of the stipulations that we could have is that everyone has to read the book naked.. and when there is a live discussion, you must be in the buff

Sound good???

I almost always read in the buff, but considering I could only participate in the discussion while at work... well, that might not work out so well.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 01-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Suprise Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
I almost always read in the buff, but considering I could only participate in the discussion while at work... well, that might not work out so well.

LOL - as long as we can visualize you reading your book naked that would be ok.. Hey!!! New thread idea... members can take pics of themselves reading in the nude..

Old 01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Huggable!

Please add me to the list of readers. I may not keep up but will check in when I can.

As far as reading nude..... Can that wait til warmer weather? New England in Jan. just isn't a good time for that. brrrrrrrrrr!!!

I've never slept nude but with so many sexy, hot bodies to cuddle with it sounds good to me.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:03 PM
pixie of the wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I have also seen book clubs where members take turns introducing everyone else to a book. And they lead the discussion about that book because they are more familiar with it. Maybe that is another way of including a variety. But it wouldn't work if people are not willing to wade through eachother's choices. *shrugs* Just throwing things out.

i think that is yet another excellent idea, lil (what do you come up with when you actually think about it...scary ) so ...we can use random house, or something similar, to help spring-board discussion ideas and go through people's suggestions alphabetically-by nic, not book - 'cuase people may not wanna give out b-days. it will free up the time that we woulda needed to wait for suggestions to come in and votes to be cast.

and teddy--put on a robe if you're cold hun...just leave it a bit open in the front