Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2004, 09:19 PM

Slut is a judgement made by people who don't have the right.

Dammit, everything I was going to say has been said.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Stiff Member

I am, yes, I am!

I can't get through to her 'cause it doesn't permit
But I'm gonna give her everything I've got to give.

I hear your sweet voice calling
out my name
As I stare from a six foot cell
And from beyond I heard the words
Deceptively Yours
Old 04-02-2004, 06:52 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I agree that 'slut' is just a label and shouldn't exist, but it DOES exist.

If you are prepared to fight against that label, and accept the limitations which it will inevitably bring, then carry on the way you are. Because there will be guys who may not want to be with a woman who has slept with lots of other people etc. and there will be girls who'll talk behind your back etc.

I'm not saying that they are right to judge you in this way, but you WILL be judged and your life will be affected if you carry on the way you are.

You may not FEEL like a slut, you may not even think you act like one, but if other people think you act like one, then you will be treated like one. This means men using you for sex (which may be fine now, but when you meet someone you fall in love with, you may feel differently) and women not wanting to offer you the friendship that everyone needs.

If I were you, I'd also examine the way your behaviour has changed so radically since your split with your long term boyfriend at the beginning of the year. Might it be that you're using sex as a way to boost your ego after your break-up?

Just some things I think you might want to consider.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 04-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Jumpin' Jelly Bean

*Slaps raven18*

No, that wasn't a slap for being a slut, it was a slap to wake up! You're one of the hottest things to hit Pixies, babe! You come along and I temporarily disappear, damn, bad timing.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:50 AM

go for it sweety....your only young once....those that criticise are only jealous
Old 04-06-2004, 04:26 AM

Thanks everyone....
Old 04-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Lost without a compass.

Send a message via Yahoo to Mercury_Maniac
i'm definitely jealous!!
Old 05-11-2004, 10:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DayDreamer
Re: am i a slut?

Quote:
Originally posted by raven18
Just had a convo with someone.... and I dont know... maybe I'm just a slut :-/

bc of some of the stuff ive done.....
like sleeping with 7 guys since feb 14
doing a threesome
being horny alot
other stuff...

I kinda feel crappy right now....

[yes i do use condoms and everything]

http://test3.thespark.com/sluttest/
I am your WolfSpirit
Old 05-11-2004, 10:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rdw97
I don't like the word " slut " either. As long as you protect yourself, I don't see a problem. Keep exploring your sexuality, it's healthy.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:08 PM

Re: Re: am i a slut?

Quote:
Originally posted by DayDreamer
http://test3.thespark.com/sluttest/

I believe I got 49% on that
Old 05-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Bumping My Way Thru Pixie

Send a message via Yahoo to tuddy
Re: am i a slut?

Quote:
Originally posted by raven18
Just had a convo with someone.... and I dont know... maybe I'm just a slut :-/

bc of some of the stuff ive done.....
like sleeping with 7 guys since feb 14
doing a threesome
being horny alot
other stuff...

I kinda feel crappy right now....

[yes i do use condoms and everything]

Well whatever u r - I think u r one of the sexiest women on lit. I don't think your a slut (unless u want to b) but u r a highly sexed lady.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Anthony_K Send a message via AIM to Anthony_K Send a message via MSN to Anthony_K Send a message via Yahoo to Anthony_K
Guys and dolls...pardon me for getting myself into the briar patch on my first day on this board....but I have a fundamentally different view of the word "slut" from most of you.

I know that in the conventional sense the term is highly negative, degrading, and insulting...but in my own sex-positve, progressive, pro-woman philosophy, the term "slut" is used only in the most affirmative, most positive, most delightful meaning: as a woman who simply likes sex a lot more than conventional mores allow her. Just because you happen to like a little variety in your sex life and that you love the feel of a cock or pussy does not make you one bit a "slut"...unless you want to embrace the word with defiance and self-worth. It simply makes you a normal woman with a larger than life libido. As long as you are happy with your sex life, it shouldn't really matter what other people think, since no one else knows you better than you.

Raven, whether you embrace or reject the word for yourself, don't let those haters and losers get to you....as long as you treat yourself and your partners with respect and get the maximum pleasure out of what you do, you should be fine. If they can't handle who you are..well, fuck 'em.

(I know..bad pun..LOL)

Anthony
Old 06-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Anthony, while I understand that you're trying to turn the word around to have a positive meaning, by giving a woman a label, based entirely on her libido is negating the point.

Women are sick and tired of being judged on the basis of their sexuality (whether for the worst or best).....we just simply want to be women, and for the most part, our sexual drives are all pretty similar to each other so why on earth single out some women who are perceived to have higher sex drives than others and label them 'sluts' (even in a good way).

Also, if we are going to have a 'positive' definition of the word slut in the future, how are we going to work out who that applies to? There are women out there who go along having lots of sex with lots of different people, for entirely the wrong reasons (showing no respect for themselves and certainly gaining none from their partners)......if we label these women sluts and say it's a good thing, won't it simply encourage them to go on behaving in an emotionally destructive way?

My comments earlier on in this thread, were directed at someone for whom I am concerned, as I'm not sure her motives are as clear cut as she thinks. I remember when Raven18 was on this site as a virgin despite being in a serious relationship with someone. They split up and she then lost her virginity to someone else, and has continued to have sex with several different partners since then. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but to me this smacks of a vulnerable and somewhat insecure person, trying to find some self worth by being 'popular' with the boys since her serious relationship ended. Unfortunately, I fear, that far from finding self worth and popularity, her vulnerable state is being taken advantage of by silly boys who want to experience sex without having to care about the person they're having it with. I can guarantee you those guys are not telling their friends about a wonderful sexually liberated woman who's in control of her life and her destiny and who's delightfully sexually open, they're telling their friends 'See that girl over there, I fucked her the other night, she'll do anyone'. That doesn't smack of mutual respect and appreciation to me.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 06-21-2004, 07:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Hi Raven,

We have chatted a few times and you have wonderful qualities. You have a high libido but you are true to yourself and you also can have a long and exclusive relationship when it means something to you.

I despise the word slut and I know Wicked Wanda likes it but thats her thing. She is a wonderful free spirit.

You dear Jacky are a very naturally sexy woman enjoying sex to the full. You are not doing anything wrong if you are being true to yourself and that is most important not old victorian bible belt predjudices.

I respect you, like you, enjoy our friendship and love your spirit and refreshing attitude.

Hugs
Ian
Old 06-21-2004, 10:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Anthony_K Send a message via AIM to Anthony_K Send a message via MSN to Anthony_K Send a message via Yahoo to Anthony_K
Quote:
Originally posted by Loulabelle
Anthony, while I understand that you're trying to turn the word around to have a positive meaning, by giving a woman a label, based entirely on her libido is negating the point.

Women are sick and tired of being judged on the basis of their sexuality (whether for the worst or best).....we just simply want to be women, and for the most part, our sexual drives are all pretty similar to each other so why on earth single out some women who are perceived to have higher sex drives than others and label them 'sluts' (even in a good way).

Also, if we are going to have a 'positive' definition of the word slut in the future, how are we going to work out who that applies to? There are women out there who go along having lots of sex with lots of different people, for entirely the wrong reasons (showing no respect for themselves and certainly gaining none from their partners)......if we label these women sluts and say it's a good thing, won't it simply encourage them to go on behaving in an emotionally destructive way?

My comments earlier on in this thread, were directed at someone for whom I am concerned, as I'm not sure her motives are as clear cut as she thinks. I remember when Raven18 was on this site as a virgin despite being in a serious relationship with someone. They split up and she then lost her virginity to someone else, and has continued to have sex with several different partners since then. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but to me this smacks of a vulnerable and somewhat insecure person, trying to find some self worth by being 'popular' with the boys since her serious relationship ended. Unfortunately, I fear, that far from finding self worth and popularity, her vulnerable state is being taken advantage of by silly boys who want to experience sex without having to care about the person they're having it with. I can guarantee you those guys are not telling their friends about a wonderful sexually liberated woman who's in control of her life and her destiny and who's delightfully sexually open, they're telling their friends 'See that girl over there, I fucked her the other night, she'll do anyone'. That doesn't smack of mutual respect and appreciation to me.

I respect and acknowlege all of your points, Loulabelle, but my intent wasn't to label all women with high sex drives as "sluts", nor was it to deny that many women do go into sex for the wrong reasons and get taken advantage of by men.

My point was simply that many women who are knowingly and consiously sexually assertive do inherit the "slut" label and redefine it in a positive way. In a way, it is similar to women who have taken the word "bitch" and turned it into a word of defiance and strength. Do you think, for example, that Annie Sprinkle is being degrading to women when she titles her series on her discovery of her own sexuality Slut Goddess 101??? Or the authors of the anthology The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Sexual Possibilities, from which I got my own definition of "slut"?? (BTW, their definition also includes men as well as women.)

Since I am new to this board, I have no reflection of Raven's sexual history, nor will I go into that, since that is not my business. But I must ask; what credentials do you have to make such a psychoanalysis of her??? And how can you claim to represent all women; while imitating that I represent all men??? I speak only for myself, and my opinions reflect my own personal philosophy..nothing more or less.

And I really do disagree with your base analysis as well; just because Raven might have been a bit less successful with her emotional relationships doesn't mean that she is neccessarily simply "sleeping around" due to lack of "self-essteem" and "self-respect". It seems to me that your analysis is based more on your preassumed biases about women wanting "emotional stability" while men just want to fuck and leave...in short, the classical conventional antipathy towards overly sexual women who don't match your personal beliefs.

Of course, you have every right to your views, Loulabelle; I simply am exercising my right to disagree with them. Most women may indeed be similar in their sexual lives; but that doesn't mean that we must deny and stigmatize those few who don't follow the trend. They are as capable of self-worth and self-respect as any other woman.

Like I said, probably not the best way to introduce myself to this board....but I had to comment on this.

Anthony