Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2002, 08:28 AM
Working Stiff

I haven't been to that many either, but my very first was John Denver when I was about 5 or 6. My all time favorite is Aerosmith tho, seen them 4 times.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:19 AM

i dont exactly remember who i saw first, but the best concerts i've seen we're, billy idol, sting, inxs and the pretenders.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:56 AM
Addicted Member

scotz.........Wooooooohooooooooo! TY, TY, TY!!!! I ain't as crazy as they all say I am after all! (OK..shaddup! Nuther subject, I know!)

I was sitting alone at home about 5 months ago and I was watching VH1. They had a "Where Are They Now" thing on and I almost fainted. They were talking about Fanny and I couldn't believe it. I had almost forgotten about them.....(cept that I can't find the delete button in my brain so it was stored way back in the archives)..... I need you to do a verse or two from "Charity Ball" because as soon as I read that song title I started getting flashbacks of the concert. They opened the evening and they got a standing ovation. All the stuff in between is a blank cause as I stated I was only 12 and I was in awe and amazed at just what happens outside the little world of my neighborhood. I do believe that VH1 mentioned that one of the band members was related to someone more famous and it could have been Suzie Quatro but I am not sure......(This is why I need to delete some useless info. in my brain.....to make room to store more necessary stuff like this.......What do I need to remember the books of the old testament now for?.....LOL!)

As to The Guess Who...........I was right up front because as I said, I won tickets from a local radio station and they give out only the best tickets. If you have never seen the Spectrum in Philly, they have a baracade in front of the stage to prevent people from climbing up on it. It was a dance concert (outlawed now because of all the trampling deaths at concerts). Philly concert goers are fanatical! I saw Steven Tyler kick a guy square in the face to get him off his feedback amp once....but again, I digress. Yes......The Guess Who had 5 members in the band at the time. Maybe it was just before BTO. I never saw BTO but I did see Ten Years After and Mott the Hoople and David Bowie and Mick Ronson and Ian Hunter (together) and Aerosmith (10 times....Wooohoooo Eros!....We have that in common...Best concerts I have ever been to too!) and Black Sabbath (when Ozzy was originally with them) and Alice Cooper and Van Halen (David Lee Roth) and Jeff Beck and Frank Zappa (hated it) and Ozzfest 97 and oh.....I even got dragged to a Hall and Oates concert once (OMG, I must have ran out of drugs at that time!) and.......well....there are a lot more but back in those days it's lucky I can remember any of them, if you get my drift!

Anyway, so sorry this has run on and on but I could talk bout this stuff for hours! Oh........I already have...teehee! Lemme know scotz, if you remember any of the lyrics from "Charity Ball". Guess I could look um up on a site but this is much more fun and I don't get any pop-up ads here either........LOL! TY for airing the fact that you knew Fanny too.....I think most people that I have asked didn't want anyone to know how old they were or something???

*kisses*
Mrs. Lix
Old 08-03-2002, 12:32 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
YVW, Mrs. Lix...if Guess Who had 5 members, that means Randy had already left...he was replaced by 2 guitarists whose names seem to be in a lost brain cell...I got to see Bachman-Turner Overweight...oops, I mean Overdrive in June '72, just before they started hitting it big, along with Charlie Daniels Band at the same stage of his career...Foghat was the reason me & my buds were there, & the assholes didn't play...recently heard a local DJ who was at the station promoting the show at the time relate his memories of the backstage action, seems Foghat didn't care for the crowd, leaving BTO & CDB to debate over who would go on first, which led to Randy & Charlie scuffling, weighing in at 200-300 lbs. apeice, with scrawny lil Coyote McCloud (the DJ) getting between them to try to break it up...well, I think it's a funny image...
Another set of brain cells gone AWOL on the words to "Charity Ball," Hell it's been 30 years since I heard it, & I didn't know there would be a quiz seem to recall the chorus going something like...
"Dance...ooo...groove...ooo...move...to...Charity Ball!"

and the only verse I remember went

"Get the musicians ready,
& get them good & hot,
Good & hot, oooo,
Dance to the music
& give it every thing you've got,
you've got my number..."

Now you've got me wanting to hear it again, guess I'll have to check out my fav download sites (shh, don't tell the recording industry)...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:08 AM
Addicted Member

scotz......Test....Test......1,2......1,2,3,4..... .....LOL!

Did that help jog your memory? Sorry bout the test but if you get a link I could listen to please PM me or post it here. Thanks hun!

*hugs n wiggles*
Mrs. Lix
Old 08-04-2002, 03:41 PM
~figment of imagination~

My very first concert that I attended was ....
...... don't laugh .....
Donny and Marie Osman!!
They opened for some lady with extremely long hair (to her feet/maybe Crystal Gayle?). I can't remember her but I do remember Donny. I went to this show with my folks.

Now the first concert that I went to on my own free will was The Sisters of Mercy.
-Summer
~ me! ~
Old 08-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
Testing, 1, 2...can ya hear me now?

Mrs Lix, the history on Fanny appears to be very thin, & the availability of their music even worse, but I found this link that confirms & clarifies some of our memories...

http://www.aurealm.com/fanny.htm

apparently, none of their music has been released on CD yet, except for a live album...and the download site I was going to(recommended to me by Lilith, if I remember correctly) appears to have been shut down by RIAA

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.