Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Everybody Stretch!

OK...forgot to ask what the guy's pick was in tonights game. Doesn't matter much cause I'll still have him by 1 if he wins and I lose tonight...LOL!

I did the "gloating dance" for him as soon as I saw him this morning. Gawd, I love that dance!

Oh Yea! LAW...ty for your interest in input. I'll post here when I get the pool and pick my picks and if I haven't seen a post from you I'll PM you to give you a heads up! TY for the offer hun! *hugs*

I guess I just need some reasoning to go with all my stats! As I said, I don't watch the games but I do delve into the schematics and make reasonably educated picks! I really would like to learn why a team is doing good or shitty. Yeah, that's it! In a short synopsis I'd like to learn (from you guys) why you think team A or B is doing good or not. Could they do better this week (any given week mentioned) or do the odds predict that they will lose. Ya know...stuff like that!

Thanks again everyone! Glad to see the replies!

P.S. LAW? I should be telling you that I feel YOUR pain if it's true that you defecate football! OUCH! LMFAO!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Manwhore

All I can add is I know VERY little about football, the teams, and who is good at what.

So can we just get some more sexy pics of you in a Eagles Jersey?

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyarmywife
Girl you are in luck, because I happen to live, sleep, eat breathe and defecate football - and i feel your pain. If you want to PM me your picks for some analysis, i'll be happy to help you out. I understand what it's like to be a chick in a male-dominated world...sucks the big one alot of times.

LAW

I can't speak for every guy, but I love a woman who wants to watch sports with me. Of course the guys who don't are idiots.

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Not there yet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
OK...forgot to ask what the guy's pick was in tonights game. Doesn't matter much cause I'll still have him by 1 if he wins and I lose tonight...LOL!

I did the "gloating dance" for him as soon as I saw him this morning. Gawd, I love that dance!

Can we see it too????????? You don't even need to wear anything!!

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 10-04-2005, 05:51 AM
~getting by~

*kicks dirt* If the Packers could have just one more injury the entire offensive line might be a pick up team of scraps.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Got last nights game too...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

So, I am 8-6 this week. I'm rather pleased with that! I'll find out later how "pig guy" did. Oh geezzzzzz! That's not nice, huh? I'm trying to think up a nickname for him. One that doesn't stoop to his level and yet get's the point across. Got any ideas?

Also, I can still up the ante on that bet...so put your thinking caps on peeps. I know you can help me come up with something appropriate for the workplace with a "put-in-his-place" kind of twist to it!

Aqua? Look below! And did I mention I that you don't have much to contribute to a thread like this? You're my kinda guy!

That's exactly why I know sports as well as I do Fred. I'd watch with my ex's because it seemed they liked it when I did and they had this little condecending way of explaining it to me (like it was rocket science), which I absorbed like a sponge. And, they had all this "free time" to watch every sporting event that came down the pike. To this day I can't figure out how to free up that much time to sit and just watch TV all day. *shrug* Must be the magic of sports!

Wish I could figure out a way to show you Coaster. Till then...think of Eddie Murphy doing the step-up/step-back/step-up as he brags to his childhood friends, "I've got an icecream...I've got an icecream...and you can't have it...and you can't have it". Of course I shouldn't use that dance or example because it is gloating and we all know Eddie drops his icecream while doing that dance...LMFAO!

Sorry about their loss Maddy...but your post is really insightful. Another injury last night? Philly's full of them too! So early in the season...I'm worried about McNabb.

I'm a bit under the weather today so I didn't get my new pool yet...and won't get it till tomorrow. I'll be back to post my picks and get some feedback on or about Thursday! Thanks everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back McNabb.jpg (18.4 KB, 212 views)

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
So, I am 8-6 this week. I'm rather pleased with that! I'll find out later how "pig guy" did. Oh geezzzzzz! That's not nice, huh? I'm trying to think up a nickname for him. One that doesn't stoop to his level and yet get's the point across. Got any ideas?

MCP -- male chauvinist pig?

The MCP card was/is also the name for the Newfoundland health card. I digress.

Like you, I lived with a guy who could spend all weekend watching sports -- hockey, baseball, football, NASCAR -- sometimes all those games in one weekend! Fun!

Unlike you, I've been lucky enough that the MCPs I've known don't think they're sports experts because they have penises.

Can't help with football, alas. I don't know a pigskin from a foreskin. Wait . . . surely there's a better analogy out there!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
MCP -- male chauvinist pig?

The MCP card was/is also the name for the Newfoundland health card. I digress.

Like you, I lived with a guy who could spend all weekend watching sports -- hockey, baseball, football, NASCAR -- sometimes all those games in one weekend! Fun!

Unlike you, I've been lucky enough that the MCPs I've known don't think they're sports experts because they have penises.

Can't help with football, alas. I don't know a pigskin from a foreskin. Wait . . . surely there's a better analogy out there!

ROFLMFAO! Oh Steph...I knew you'd understand!

I'm diggin' MCP...and intend to use it from here on in! Even to his face. And when he asks what it means I'll tell him, "Oh hell...even a chick can figure that out...pfffffft"! LMAO!

PMP@last analogy...and pounding on the floor as I roll all over it! Baaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Everybody Stretch!

OK...here's my picks for Week 5

Gimme some input *WEG*...and then give me your opinions of my picks (good/bad/undecided) too! TY!

Seattle@St. Louis-I picked Seattle. Seemed the stronger of the bet even though St. Louis is at home this week.

Tampa@N.Y. Jets-I picked Tampa Bay because...um...duh!

New Orleans@Greenbay-Bobbing back and forth on this one. Greenbay is pretty desparate at this point and they are home. They NEED the win and might just fight for it this time round! However, New Orleans has been trying to give it's city an uplift and now they are truely an away team as opposed to being a home team in an away situation (due to Katrina). Hmmmmm...I could use more opinions on this one. I did pick New Orleans...but it's too damn close to call!

Baltimore@Detroit-I wanna say Baltimore but I am leaning towards the home team. Baltimore has a weak advantage to me in this match-up. What do ya think?

Tennessee@Houston-Tenn. is in the top ten...but I am leaning (once again) to the home team advantage and have chosen Houston *ducks rotten tomatoes*

New England@Atlanta-Can't go the home team advantage in this pairing. N.E. is kick ass and I chose them...hands down!

Miami@Buffalo-Ain't real cold yet and this one is a toss-up to me, even though Miami is currently in first place. It's still so early in the season. I picked Miami. Tell me why I shouldn't!

Chicago@Cleveland-I took Cleveland. Good vibes here (and the stats didn't hurt).

Inndianapolis@San Fran Cisco-It's Indianapolis...of course!

Carolina@Arizona-I picked Carolina...the stronger team even though they are away.

Philadelphia@Dallas-Does Philly still have it or are the odds against them in Dallas's backyard. Never liked betting this match-up! I did, however, have to pick Philly!

Washington@Denver-Toss up here. Could go either way. I picked home team advantage for the closeness of the pair. Please Denver...don't fail me!

Cincinnatti@Jacksonville-Am I wrong in thinking Cincinnatti might get a reality check in this game? I can't trust my gut so I took the fave...Cincinnatti!

Monday Night Football

Pittsburg@San Diego-I gotta notion that Pittsburg will do it. This is a questionable notion though!

OK peeps...how am I going to do against MCP this week. All I know about his picks this week is that he picked mostly all away teams. He checks my pool when I turn it in. I show no interest in his and I tell him to try and not "cheat" off of mine. Smoothe...huh? LMFAO!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
curvy queen

Quote:
Gimme some input *WEG*...and then give me your opinions of my picks (good/bad/undecided) too! TY!

Seattle@St. Louis-I picked Seattle. Seemed the stronger of the bet even though St. Louis is at home this week.!

Good pick.

Quote:
Tampa@N.Y. Jets-I picked Tampa Bay because...um...duh!!

another good choice, although i really think things will turn around for the Jets a little now that they have Vinny T. back - they have really run into a string of hard luck. I'm a big Jets fan and would love to see them pull it out.

Quote:
New Orleans@Greenbay-Bobbing back and forth on this one. Greenbay is pretty desparate at this point and they are home. They NEED the win and might just fight for it this time round! However, New Orleans has been trying to give it's city an uplift and now they are truely an away team as opposed to being a home team in an away situation (due to Katrina). Hmmmmm...I could use more opinions on this one. I did pick New Orleans...but it's too damn close to call!

I'm going with new Orleans too - i really think Brett F. is past his prime...he's not quick enough anymore. Plus the Saints have a little bit of momentum behind them (katrina) despite losing last week.

Quote:
Baltimore@Detroit-I wanna say Baltimore but I am leaning towards the home team. Baltimore has a weak advantage to me in this match-up. What do ya think?

Baltimore, hands down.

Quote:
Tennessee@Houston-Tenn. is in the top ten...but I am leaning (once again) to the home team advantage and have chosen Houston *ducks rotten tomatoes*

Are you freakin nuts? *chucks rotten tomatoe

Quote:
New England@Atlanta-Can't go the home team advantage in this pairing. N.E. is kick ass and I chose them...hands down!

I disagree. I think Michael Vick is too quick to be contained. As quarterbacks they are equally matched, but Tom Brady will never keep up with michael Vick scrambling. I would go Atlanta.

P.s. if NE does pull it out, it will be because of Adam Vinitaeri, and not Tom Brady.

Quote:
Miami@Buffalo-Ain't real cold yet and this one is a toss-up to me, even though Miami is currently in first place. It's still so early in the season. I picked Miami. Tell me why I shouldn't!

I'm with you...this one is a tough call. i'm taking Buffalo, based simply on home field advantage.

Quote:
Chicago@Cleveland-I took Cleveland. Good vibes here (and the stats didn't hurt).

another good call.

Quote:

duh...was there ever any question?

Quote:
Carolina@Arizona-I picked Carolina...the stronger team even though they are away.

Arizona hasn't had a good team for a long time...

Quote:
Philadelphia@Dallas-Does Philly still have it or are the odds against them in Dallas's backyard. Never liked betting this match-up! I did, however, have to pick Philly

Even with McNabb hurt, Philly will pull through. McNabb is a tough mother to be playing injured...even though I think he's listed as probable, it still has to hurt.

Quote:
Washington@Denver-Toss up here. Could go either way. I picked home team advantage for the closeness of the pair. Please Denver...don't fail me!

Gut instinct tells me to go Washington...but i could be wrong.

Quote:
Cincinnatti@Jacksonville-Am I wrong in thinking Cincinnatti might get a reality check in this game? I can't trust my gut so I took the fave...Cincinnatti!

reality check? yeah right...cincy all the way.

Monday Night Football

Quote:
Pittsburg@San Diego-I gotta notion that Pittsburg will do it. This is a questionable notion though!

i will never, ever ever bet against my Steelers. Ever. Pitt will dominate.

just my :cents:
Old 10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
Quote:

Seattle@St. Louis-I picked Seattle. Seemed the stronger of the bet even though St. Louis is at home this week.

I think I agreed with you with everything except these three.
Sadly, I have no good reason to pick St. Louis except that Seattle has a long habit of being a lousy road team. They're already 0-2 on the road. If they can win this, I'll give them more credit in the future. It's not a good reason, but it's all I've got.
NE vs Atlanta, I agree with lonelyarmywife, mainly because the Pats are so beaten up. They couldn't stop the run at all last week, and the Falcons, even if Vick is dinged, run well. Add that they're at home and I don't think NE can do it. (I hate picking against my team...)
And finally, yes Farve is over the hill. The team is weak, they have no run game and the defense is questionable. Still, the effects of the continual road trip are going to start wearing down a Saints team that franking wasn't very good to begin with. I think the Pack pulls this one out.

Too many close games this week. This could go one way or the other too easily. Good luck

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 10-06-2005, 09:19 PM
~getting by~

I'll just say good luck - my picks are often mostly gut and less stat driven and well my gut is only right about 50% of the time so it's not all that reliable
Old 10-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Unemployed Food Critic

Send a message via Yahoo to calihotguy
Quote:

Tampa@N.Y. Jets-I picked Tampa Bay because...um...duh!

New Orleans@Greenbay......

Baltimore@Detroit- yes baltimore

Tennessee@Houston.....

Philadelphia@Dallas-......

Washington@Denver-Please Denver... they won't fail u.

Pittsburg@San Diego ......

Seattle - good
Tampa - Obvious
Green Bay - I think this is the week, they are better than their record and at home
Baltimore - They are a better team, I think they will hive harrington fits and detroit has issues with the rogers situation.
Tennessee - Houston needs to get a better line to protect Carr.
New England - they will make a come back from last week.
Miami - On a role and this week JP is out and holcombe is in, qucik qb switch usually a disaster
Cleveland - feels right
Indianapolis - duh
Carolina - duh
Dallas - This is my upset for the week, I think Dallas D will step it up and their o-line plays better.
Denver - Washington is overrated, AFC is way stronger and Denver is at home.
Cincinatti - they are hot.

San Diego - on fire, first monday night for them in years, and just feels right.

Thats my opinion anyways, I am usually about 80-85%. Good luck!
My Night Out, Part 2

"The world is a mirror which is always in our vision"
- Me
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh My! Thanks guys. Some real good opinions and a few have swayed me. TY so much for such great detail. I can't get that from stat charts and the stuff I base my picks on. This was very enlightening!

Here's my final picks...

Seattle
Tampa
New Orleans
Baltimore
Tennessee
Atlanta
Buffalo
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Carolina
Philadelphia
Denver
Cincinnatti

Pittsburg

Good luck everyone...and I'll be back to let you know how I did against MCP this weekend!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 10-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Unemployed Food Critic

Send a message via Yahoo to calihotguy
lixy,

you should reconsider San Diego v. Pittsburgh and Miami v. Buffalo.....In my opinion and what I have been reading, I am convinced San Diego is a lock, and Buffalo with their qb problems and takeo spikes still out is gonna lose.

I want you to beat that guy and don't want to have to say I told u so :P, the rest that we disagree on I think are all too close to call....in any case, good luck.
My Night Out, Part 2

"The world is a mirror which is always in our vision"
- Me