Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
I'm a republican, but I couldn't cast my vote for Bush... nor could I cast it for Kerry. I didn't vote for either one of them. I did vote, tho!

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 11-03-2004, 11:13 AM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by flutelady
I'm a republican, but I couldn't cast my vote for Bush... nor could I cast it for Kerry. I didn't vote for either one of them. I did vote, tho!

i honestly dont consider my self republican or democratic , but if i had to pick it wud be repub, i voted bush cuz no matter what yall say, hes good for me, he is the one who gives my husband his pay increases and helps keep my husband employed, i dont trust kerry and i think hes a backstabber, BUT what politian isnt??? ohwell lesser of two evils for, id rather have the devil i know than the devil i dont!!!

~nikki
Old 11-03-2004, 05:25 PM
here and there

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywater
Jenna, your not the only Republican here, so dont feel alone! I am also glad about the result, no matter how much flack I catch about posting that! LOL!

you can count me in as well
Old 11-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
Just got news that GW will declare victory later this morning.

What worries me is not so much that Bush won the election-I was pretty much looking a Tweedledum and Tweedledee. But that the Republicans have control of the house, the senate, and the white house. And hence, are set to extend their control over the judiciary.
Good-bye, what few civil rights the US public has left to it.

Quote:
I want to get off!

Well, I wouldn't mind helping you do that.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Loungin' Around

Quote:
I sooooooooooooo counted on Ohio for the electoral votes! *sigh*

I voted my piece, but I know what you mean. I want to slap my fellow Ohioans upside the head.

But then again....we also voted for the constitutional amendment (in OH) to ban gay marriage.....which shows our judgement is faulty. <sigh>

The Constitution should be about *protecting* rights, not taking them away!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 11-03-2004, 11:32 PM
~getting by~

amazingly enough, I just got home from my day at 10:30p and have emails from some liberal friends who are still convinced the election isn't over and that it was all a fraud. but on the flip side, i'm pleased with the result and only hope that much productivity is accomplished in the next four years.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflower
Personally... I am THRILLED... as the resident Republican I now have hope for the future... rather than the dread I had with the prospects of Kerry... Hell.. had Kerry won.. I was gonna call in sick today.... but since he didn't...

off to work for me

Hugs to all...

You aren't the only Republican here - I'm active duty military and I voted for Bush. Nothing could have made me vote for Kerry - NOTHING.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Everybody Stretch!

When GW saw the division in the country and realized the amount of support JK got, he complimented Kerry on his spirited effort and said he hoped the country could come together and get behind his administration. I'm afraid now because, again, I don't think the prez understands what the divided part of this country has said in showing our support for JK. He only sees that he has many supporters and so he thinks that ALL he does is right. The moment he sincerely admits his mistakes and takes measures to rectify them is the moment I get behind the next four years. Till then, be it apathy or something else, I have no faith in GW and I cannot support him in any way, shape or form. When that changes, I'll let ya know!

P.S. That does NOT mean I do not support our troops and wish them well and hope for an end to this nonsensical war!!!! I DO support them and I fear for them as well!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 11-04-2004, 06:12 AM

LixyChick,

One good to come out of this election was the distinct increase in voter registration and turnout. Nationally, the number I recall reading was 59.1% of registered voters actually voted. This was, I believe the highest turnout since the late 60s. In my state of Maryland, 72% of registered voters went through the effort to actually vote.

The trick will be to keep these percentages this high in the future.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:21 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Since 1968...

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Cynic Emeritus

Well, well, well ....

I am still officially retired but being a red in a blue state, I must give a little opinion.

I did vote for GW and I do support him. Right after Sept. 11 he indicated he was going to go after terrorists, not wait for them to attack us and everyone cheered. He is only standing by his convictions. I will not make fun of Kerry for flip-flopping because if he won, I would have to support him as well. (Actually, I think that the way presidents are ridiculed in this country is deliterious to the common good. It is the most powerful position in the world and the person who holds it should be held in high regard. And, you DO NOT become president if you are a complete moron).

Anyways, there are two Americas and the people who live in red states are offended by the way the blue states push their values upon them. (News media, celebrities, etc.) Anyone that thinks that Ben Affleck is going to change someone in Alabama's mind about voting was obviously wrong. I have much more to offer but looking at the map, it seems obvious. Northeast (Boston, New York), upper midwest (Illinois, Michigan), and west coast (California, etc.) all went were blue states. The democrats need to find a way to tap into the heartland. Those people feel disenfranchised by liberal America.

Either way, I still had to go to work this morning, so I guess it doesn't matter.

"Women, you can't live with them ... pass the beer nuts." - Norm Peterson (George Wednt) on Cheers

"Sometimes you just have to say, what the fuck." - Tom Cruise in Risky Business

"It tastes so good. Once it hits your lips." - Frank the Tank in Old School
Old 11-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Count Spankula

Well, I'm a registered Republican. I voted for Dubya. As a rule, I do not push my views onto others nor do I look down on them. I have heard some very interesting commentary about this election in the last 2 days. Although most of it came from highly conservative talk radio, it really put an interesting spin on the whole political scene.

Even the right wingers have said that they are afraid of the downturn that this could cause the democrats. For months, the mantra that has been chanted (either directly or indirectly) by the Dems isn't "Vote Kerry" nearly as much as it has been "Anyone but Bush". (Hell, I saw 2 bumper stickers just this morning with that slogan on it.) Looking from the outside, that is very difficult to rally around.

The Dems had the numbers to be able to take the White House; however, their key demographics historically do not have great turnout at the polls. How many times did we see celebrities trying to get young voters registered? (Will Michael Moore just disappear now for a while???) The 18-25 voter turnout was yet again a very small percentage. The other 2 areas that are historically big backers of the Democrats are union people (and the % of union workers to non-union workers is the lowest since the industrial revolution) and minorities. Again, not a high percentage of voter turnout in either of those categories. (New rule... if you didn't vote and are upset that Bush won... you get an automatic kick in the nuts)

It will be extremely interesting to see if there is any backlash and infighting within the Democratic party. They took perhaps the largest political hit in US history, unable to gain the White House and are now the minority party in both the house and senate (and Tom Daschle losing his senate seat could have more of an impact on the Democratic party than losing the presidency).

The Dems have 2 years to get themselves back in line and strengthen their party. As I stated before, I'm a registered Republican, but I don't think that a 1 party system has any merit to it. Although flawed, the US government was setup with a series of checks and balances. Although rival political parties wasn't originally part of that framework, it has definitely become that way. I'm a middle of the road kinda guy. Balance is good.

Regroup and come out firing!

and for Hell's sake, don't let Hillary run in '08... LOL
Old 11-04-2004, 05:49 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Skyler, that was one of the most rational statements put forth anywhere so far.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 11-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Count Spankula

Thanks, PF. I hope I haven't set the bar too high for myself now.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
My only consolation in Tuesday's debacle is that at least this time he was actually elected and not anointed by the Supreme Court.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy