Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2006, 05:46 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
One problem could be that in the beginning you kept things so tight that now you are actually eating more calories than you did in the beginning. This would cause a lag but you should kick back in. I think this was the case with me.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-09-2006, 05:51 AM
~getting by~

I'm nearly positive in my case it's my trip to the HUT next week that is causing the problem. When I checked the scale this morning I was at no loss/no gain since monday. I'm starting to see some of the emotional things I go through pre-HUT this week as well.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:12 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy
I'm nearly positive in my case it's my trip to the HUT next week that is causing the problem. When I checked the scale this morning I was at no loss/no gain since monday. I'm starting to see some of the emotional things I go through pre-HUT this week as well.

You mean like wanting to rip people's fucking heads off and shove them down their throats?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-09-2006, 06:58 AM
is not this trim anymore!

Oh no!!! I'm a person!

Today is a day I'm really being tested. I was woken up late and awake for almost two hours last night. I'm really feeling the effects of that this morning and when I turned to the coffeepot for help, well, the decaf is soothing my urge for the taste of coffee but my ass is dragging. It's much easier to avoid brewing real coffee at home, but once I'm at work...well, there's two huge pots always fresh in the cafe, and because I run the building I get fed free. One of the perc's. Forgive the pun but it was there and I'm not so strong where I can avoid it too. One thing at a time.

Biggest help is in knowing that I can slip and not fall.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Loungin' Around

(((((WI))))) ~~ one cup won't kill you....it's making a many-cuppa-day habit that might.

Good for you for understanding why it's tough for you today.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 02-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Manwhore

I've discovered it's pretty easy for me to stick to one can of pop per day if my schedule is normal and I'm at work. If it's not and I am busy, doing a lot of running around... I go for the easy 'grab a can'. Not that it's a huge deal... no splurging and no extra caffeine, but still, I didn't keep to my weekday plan.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 02-09-2006, 04:47 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

It's funny how we all have triggers that cause us to resort to behaviors we are trying to eliminate.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 02-10-2006, 02:13 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Another successful day .... it was pretty easy today though ... most of the day I still was feeling lousy, very tired and no appetite to speak of ... whatever the reasons, I'm always thankful to make it through another day keeping to my plan.

WI ... every once in awhile we all have our slip up moments, glad you feel it was a controlled slip.

maddy, the good thing is that at least we all know that the hut is not a permanent locale ... hope you make it through the worst of your symptoms as easily as possible.

Good luck with your weigh in IAKG!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:40 AM
~getting by~

Well, yesterday simply doesn't count in my world. There isn't a feasible way to track points when you aren't really sure how many drinks you had. I'm horrible about that when I'm with a group and someone keeps buying me another. I'm going to chalk it up to a fun night and move back to tracking my points today.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:28 AM
is not this trim anymore!

It's not the one night of "off the program" activity that brings about our demise, but how we handle having had it happen, right? Your approach is the best one.

It's very easy to fall into the doldrums when it comes to giving something up. A splurge is kinda like the forestry's controlled burn. Just have to make sure it doesn't get out of control and start a wildfire.

Speaking of giving stuff up, did anyone see Survivor last night? Shane gave up smoking 3 packs a day when he landed on the island. I can't imagine how he's doing it.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
Shane gave up smoking 3 packs a day when he landed on the island. I can't imagine how he's doing it.

My ex would always say he couldn't understand how people found the time to smoke that much in a day! Whoa, he's going to go crazy on the island!

Since I'm here . . . I have been walking a lot but work has been busy & I've been neglecting my little regimen. I'll be better!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Good job maddy ... that's exactly the right way to look at it ... little controlled (either in length of time or amount of consumption) splurges are necessary for any long term plan, so congrats on the great attitude.

Glad to have you back with us Steph ... work (for most of us) is necessary and can't always keep control because of the schedule that has to be kept, but sounds like you've been doing good with the walking!

Second trip to the actual grocery store tonight on the way home and kept to the things I had decided to buy in advance ... even bought me a little v-day treat ... a new small sauce pan they had on sale for $4, then I hit El Pollo Loco for my usual Friday night eats of large garden salad and chicken breast. So far today...doing great!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:29 PM
~getting by~

As they call them in the WW world I had a non-scale victory (NSV) this morning. When I threw my jeans on this morning and looped the belt through, I found I moved down a notch from yesterday. I also realized as I was driving home from the grocery store that I have been doing this new routine for about 6 weeks - no soda and no fast food
Old 02-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Yea maddy ... that's great!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:43 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

OMG I miss El Pollo Loco

I bought the lowfat nutter butter cookie only paty packs. They look good and I bought these special K strawberry breakfast type snacks. I am fighting a battle over breakfast.

~>My Scribbles<~