Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 04:31 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Arrow Hey Good-Lookin'! What's Cookin'?

Lilith and I thought it would be fun to compile a cookbook of Pixie's members favorite recipes.

I've volunteered to collect the recipes. Regular family fare, Romantic dinners, Yummy deserts, Ethnic foods, Regional specialties, Special Holiday dishes, Christmas Cookies, aphrodesiacs, helpful kitchen hints......whatever you care to submit. If you would like to submit something you have previously posted here at Pixies, just let me know where I can find it, and I'll copy and submit it for you. If there's any little story that goes with your recipe don't hesitate to inculde it...for instance..is this the recipe that helped you "catch" your S/O, or is it something that simply MUST be on your table for that special holiday meal? Something that Grandma used to make?
And for those members outside of the U.S., if your recipe includes something that is unique to your area, please try to include a comparable equivalent, if possible. And if you have any questions about uniquely North American ingredients in posted recipes, please don't hesitate ask. I'll try to give you a description so that you can substitute something comparable.

You can post your recipe here in the thread or e-mail it to me at

pixies_cooks@yahoo.com.

Once we have collected as many recipes as we can, I will copy them all into a MS Word document and e-mail it to whoever (or is that whomever?) requests a copy. There is NO COST to anyone.......it's being done strictly for fun!!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or e-mail me at the above address.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 11-24-2002, 04:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Excellent!!!!!!!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-24-2002, 04:51 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
I'll get the ball rolling here:

This is one of my family's favorite party dishes:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pretzel Salad

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 20
Categories : Family Gathering Recipes Parties
Salads

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Cups pretzels,coarsley crushed
3/4 Cup Margarine,Melted
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 8 Oz. Pkg cream cheese
1 Cup sugar
1 12 Oz. Bowl Cool Whip®
1 6 Oz. Pkg strawberry gelatin powder
2 Cups boiling water
2 10 Oz Pkg strawberries, frozen

Mix pretzels, margarine and 3 Tablespoons sugar together. Pat in 9x13
pan. Bake at 400 for 8 min.

Combine cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip. Blend well. Spread over
cooled crust. Refrigerate.

Combine jello & boiling water. Add still frozen strawberries. Mix. When
slightly thickened pour on top of cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until firm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-

Per serving: 135 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (30% calories from
fat); 1g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 13mg Cholesterol; 47mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1
Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : One of the most popular dishes at any family gathering.
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 11-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Banned

OMG, I can't wait to try that salad, SS! This one, if made for you and your lover, should be eaten by both of you before lovemaking

Pepper-Swirled White Bean & Roasted Garlic Dip

Ingredients

2 heads garlic
Olive oil/cooking spray
1 15-oz (450g) can navy, cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup (2 oz/60g) plain nonfat yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 7-oz (210g) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and patted dry
1 tablespoon tomato paste or ketchup

Preparation - Estimated cooking time: 30-60 minutes -
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice off tops of garlic heads to expose cloves and set the heads in the center of a 10-inch (25cm) square piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Coat cut edges of garlic with cooking spray; wrap the heads tightly in foil. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, or until garlic is lightly browned and tender. Refrigerate until chilled.
2 Combine beans, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Pop the garlic cloves from their skins and add to mixture. Process until smooth, and spoon into a shallow serving bowl.
3 Rinse the food processor and dry. Combine roasted red peppers, tomato paste or ketchup, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in the food processor, and process until smooth. Swirl the roasted pepper puree into the bean mixture using a knife. Serve with wedges of pita bread or baguette slices.

Nutritional Analysis
Number of Servings: about 3 1/2 cups (30 oz/900g), or 14 1/4-cup servings
Per Serving
Calories 64 Carbohydrate 10 g
Fat 1.1 g Fiber 2.7 g
Protein 3 g Saturated fat 0.2 g
Sodium 219 mg
Old 11-24-2002, 05:51 PM
Cynic Emeritus

The recipe that landed women for me: Dinner reservations at a great restaurant!
But this thread is a great idea SS.

"Women, you can't live with them ... pass the beer nuts." - Norm Peterson (George Wednt) on Cheers

"Sometimes you just have to say, what the fuck." - Tom Cruise in Risky Business

"It tastes so good. Once it hits your lips." - Frank the Tank in Old School
Old 11-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Booger Lama

This is on of my owen creations.
Well not totaly mine it a recipe that we made at work that I changed a little add a few things and did this and that to.
It works great on with chicken on nachos it's also good on nachos by it self (if you don't use the chicken broth it makes a good vegetarin nachos)or for chicken tacos also I'm posting another recipe that I use it in next.

BLACK BEAN SALSA

½ pound black beans
1 each green pepper
1 each red pepper
1 each poblano or jalapeno
1 cob corn on the cob
1 bunch green onion, minced
½ bunch cilantro, minced
1 tbs cumin
¼ tsp cumin
14 oz chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vinegar
1 each lime, juiced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup olive oil

Soak black beans in water over night (at least 8 hours).

Preheat grill roast the red pepper, green pepper, poblano, and corn (leaving husk on) until the skin is blacken on the peppers and the husk of the corn is brown. Place peppers in a paper bag and let cool. Then peel skin off; remove seed and small dice. Remove corn from cob.

Wash back beans. Well peppers are cooling place black beans, 1 tbs cumin, salt, chicken broth and vinegar in to small sauce pan adding water tell 2 inches above beans. Bring to boil then turn down to a low boil cook beans tell soft (keep an eye on the water add more if needed). Drain and cool beans.

When beans are cooled mix pepper, black beans, corn, green onions, cilantro, ¼ tsp. Cumin, lime juice, garlic, and olive oil. Add satl to taste you can also add tabasco if you want a little more heat. Best if left over night to blend the flavors.

the poblano pepper might be hard to find in some places jalapeno work but if you can find them poblanos work best

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 11-24-2002, 06:57 PM
Booger Lama

ok this recipe uses the one above hope you enjoy

SPANISH RICE WITH CHICKEN AND BALCK BEAN SALSA

6 each chicken breast, skinned and deboned
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch green onion, diced
½ bunch cilantro, minced
½ each green pepper, diced
½ each red pepper, diced
2 tbs. Olive oil
2 cups rice
¼ tsp. Cumin
½ tsp. Salt
8 oz. Tomato sauce
14 oz. Chicken broth
Black bean salsa, see recipe
Monetary jack cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350

Brown chicken breast in olive oil and set a side. To pan add garlic and peppers sauté until tender. Add cilantro, cumin, salt and green onions and rice. Stir tell rice starts browning. Place mix in a 13 x 9 2 inch baking dish add tomato sauce, chicken broth, and 1 ¼ cups water stir. Place chicken breast on top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes remove foil and bake for 5 more. Add black bean salsa and cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 11-24-2002, 07:36 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Orzo Salad

(I don't cook with recipes (maybe why I make some inedible things) so you don't have to be at all exact with this recipe...If you like something put more in or hate something leave it out)

1 pkg. orzo pasta
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1 can black olives drained and halved
1 can garbanzo beans aka chick peas drained
1 pint cherry (or better yet grape) tomatoes halved
2-3 stalks green onions/scallions sliced
1 4-6oz. pkg. feta cheese (if you can get one flavored with basil, tomato, or garlic even better) crumbled
1 tsp. dill dried or 2 tblsp. fresh
1 tsp. basil dried or 2 tblsp. fresh
1 clove garlic crushed or minced (more if ya love it)
2 tblsp. olive oil
1/2 lemon juiced

Cook orzo as you would a regular pasta til al dente'. Drain and rinse in cold water. Once cooled place in large bowl. Add all the other ingredients and mix lightly. Refrigerate. Enjoy! Pretty and great for parties and gatherings!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 11-24-2002, 10:08 PM
Banned

Re: chicken broth As a vegetarian, I substitute vegetable broth. My first recipe posted was veggie, so is this one:

Vegetarian bulgur and tofu entree (high in protein and fibre)

Bulgur Wheat, Tofu and Sweet Peppers

125 ml ( 1/2 cup) coarse or medium bulgur

10 ml (2 tsp) olive oil

2 cloves garlic, minced

5 ml (1 tsp) each ground cumin and coriander

1 sweet red pepper, cut in strips

175 g (6 oz) firm-style tofu, cut in cubes to equal 250 ml (1 cup)

80 ml (1/3 cup) water

30 ml (2 tbsp) wine or cider vinegar

0.5 ml ( 1/8 tsp) hot pepper sauce

Half 284 g (10 oz) pkg fresh spinach, washed, stemmed and cut in strips (1 1/4 cups)

2 ml ( 1/2 tsp) salt

Pepper

Place bulgur in bowl and add enough boiling water to cover by 5 cm (2 inches); soak for 20 minutes. Drain thoroughly in sieve.

In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for a few seconds. Stir in cumin and coriander; stir in red pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

Stir in tofu, then add bulgur, water, vinegar and hot pepper sauce; cook, uncovered for 2 minutes or until bulgur is nearly tender, stirring often. Add spinach; cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add salt, and pepper to taste.

Makes 3 servings.

Nutrition per serving: 217 calories; 9 g total fat; 14 g protein; 1 g saturated fat; 26 g carbohydrate; 8 g dietary fibre; 428 mg sodium.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Geez steph, I must visit you and T one day not only are you a wonderful friend and a sexy woman, but you can cook!!!
the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach and then just a little below it LOL

Oh I will put receipes in here soon too, mums soup and tomato relish
Old 11-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Don't even have to boil water Jello

1 Small container Cool Whip (unfrozen)
1 Medium container Cottage Cheese
(mix together)
Stir in 1 small box of jello (dry)

You can add nuts, pineapple, marshmellos, or such ..... but I like it with just the first 3 ingredients.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:05 PM
Fallen

I absolutely LOVE to cook, nothing better than cooking a meal for my friends or even better yet, to make dinner for my date (although I seem to be going on a long drought lately lol). Anyway here is a dish I made for my friends last time I visited them, I was nervous at first never having worked with seafood (besides fish), but it came out great! Hope you like it enjoy! (btw clarification, this isn't my recipe, I did not invent this dish, but I wish I did )

Venetian Shrimp and Scallops:
1 pound sea scallops
1/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 tablespoon (1 turn around the pan) extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth or stock
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
12 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
1 lemon, zested

Lightly coat the sea scallops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Discard remaining flour.

Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil (1 turn around the pan) and butter. When butter melts into oil, add scallops. Brown scallops 2 minutes on each side, then remove from pan.

Add an additional drizzle of olive oil to the pan and add the garlic, shallots, and crushed red pepper flakes. Reduce heat a little and saute garlic and shallots 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine to the pan and free up any pan drippings. Reduce wine 1 minute, then add stock, tomatoes and saffron threads. When liquids come to a bubble, add shrimp and cook 3 minutes. Return scallops to the pan and cook shrimp and scallops 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer shrimp and scallops to a warm serving dish and top with basil and lemon zest. Pass plenty of bread to enjoy the juices.

Oh and for dessert, something that I found goes very well with this is a lemon sorbet with fresh berries. Enjoy everyone!
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon
Old 11-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Thank you everyone who has posted recipes so far!! This is shaping up to be an exciting project. I'm looking forward to getting it all put together.
Now, please everyone else....come on and join in!! Don't be shy...it doesn't have to be anything elaborate...(see fzzy's recipe)
There's no time limit, but let's see how soon we can get this together. Maybe in time to use some of these recipes at holiday gatherings...wouldn't that be fun?

Now let's POST THOSE RECIPES!!!!!!
Dream Date
Just Desserts
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 11-25-2002, 04:01 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Cheater Cake Mix Cookies

2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cake mix (anykind)
Mix ins of any kind (candy, chips, nuts, etc)

Mix it up. Drop by spoonfull on to ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

GOOD COMBOS

Chocolate cake with mint chips
Chocolate cake with peanutbutter chips
Butter Pecan cake with pecans
Chocolate cake toffee candy bars crushed

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 11-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Princess Domeeveryway

Send a message via Yahoo to vampeyes
lol I love this thread.. I am a cook book- aholic so SS sign me up for the whole thing when you are finished please

heres one of my faves that my mother in law taught me.. I was not thrilled with the sound of it lol but after I tried it I fell in love!!

Tater Tot Hot Dish

1 - 2 pounds of ground beef (you can use hamburger, sirlion, chuck or whatever you prefer)

1 can (16oz) Cream of Chicken Soup (you can also use any other cream soup you prefer)

1 small onion - diced

1/4 cup milk

frozen corn

frozen tater tots or tater rounds

seasonings to taste

Brown ground beef in a a pan with the diced onions and season to tatse. I use garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper. When beef is browned drain well then add the can of soup and milk mix well. Then add frozen corn this is also to taste.. I use alot ! Mix again and then pour into a baking dish (I use a round caserole but any type can be used). Cover the top with the tater tots and bake in oven at 350 until tater tots are crispy.

Sucks, Fucks & Kisses