Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2005, 12:08 AM

Trying to tone up a little at home, any advice?

I'm trying to put off just a few pounds (7-8) but I don't want to go running in the city with all this smog around here *sighs*. So i'm looking at what I can do at home to tone myself up, noticing a bit of flab around my abs now (office job getting the better of me), and also I want to beef up my chest a little for my g/f. Don't need to work on the ass as i'm hopeless in that dept lol, it's all genetics and i just don't have a cute ass

But anyhow, I've been doin some situps and pushups and some basic stretching and been thinking of picking up some small weights (what's a good set to start off with?). Anyone know of a good website for toning your body at home?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Weedscreamer

Now don't chuckle, but check out Jack LaLanne's website. He is in his 90's now, and some of his vintage exercises are great and can be done using a chair.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Exclamation

http://www.bowflex.com/index.asp?Do...%2Donline%2Ecom Irish
P.S.Just stick to anything that you're doing.Most people just GIVE-UP,because
they don't see INSTANT results!
P.P.S.You can buy a multitude of different brands of hand weights,but each person has different goals!
Old 02-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Everybody Stretch!

Phelan? I don't know your age from your profile (lack of info there), and so I am just going to ask, when was you last physical? According to any medical doctor, one should have a physical before starting an excercise regimen.

So...with that out of the way...

Are you in a place where you can walk outside? Do you have a treadmill? Walking (especially on an incline)...and watching your diet of calorie, fat, carb, and salt intake can significantly turn fat (those love handles) into muscle.

Not that I am any great specimen...but I walk as often as possible and find that I can combat that battle of the bulge in this, somewhat easier than most, type of exercise program.

Good luck...and power to the muscle! LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 02-07-2005, 09:35 PM

I'm in my early 20s and i had my physical just awhile ago with the doc saying I need to lose a little 7-8 lbs he said. Didn't get any furthur advice from him in that sense but he said i was in otherwise good health

I can walk outside but the problem is the smog and also all the traffic lights. Don't have a treadmill as I just graduated from college and i'm busy paying off the student loans, doesn't quite help when i'm in one of the most expensive cities to live in as rent is hella expensive.

right now I just started off with doing pushups and situps while watching the news prior to bed as I find it helps me sleep easier at night.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:52 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Oh...sorry hun. Your first post did mention the smog. I forgot! Well, watching your diet as I stated above...and doing what you are doing now should take off those lbs. Drink lots of water as well. Eat fruits and veggies. Make sure you have a balanced diet.

Most of the weight we lose first is water weight and it comes off pretty fast...so keep up the exercise and you should get past the "honeymoon" stage of weight loss and start building muscle. Add some crunches and burn some fat from the abs and obliques!

If you start to have trouble sleeping, try exercising earlier in the day. Best in the morning. Exercise can pump up your adrenaline, just what we don't want when it's bedtime!

~Thomas Dewar~